Cricket 19 General Discussion

i.n

Club Captain
Profile Flag
England
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
probably my appeals are so bad and they’re missing by so much it’s not worth it!
However i was playing with the camara angles its not somthing i do be honest i wonder if ist something to do with that blockerdave.

Ashy-90

Associate Captain
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
How Do u guys play front foot Grounded Shots (Advanced) in Standard controls ??
Is it good to switch to classic controls ? or to stay on standard controls ? plz suggest .
Untitled-1.jpg

Kenway

School Cricketer
Yeah the Malinga action is an awesome addition, reckon quite a few others will use it too. I'll be using the Shaun Tait action because it basically replicates my own bowling action in real life, for some reason it reminds me a bit of Billy Stanlake too.

That's not the "SHAUN TATE" action mate.. Number 5

That's ELLYSE PERRY's mocapped bowling action. She's a licensed player, and did a lot of the motion capture work

BittuGamz

County Cricketer
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
I'm unable to access the academy for the past two days. Anyone facing the same?

PPSonu

Club Captain
Profile Flag
India
I'm unable to access the academy for the past two days. Anyone facing the same?

can confirm. I keep getting the message, "The academy sharing service is not available. Please try again later."

Kenway

School Cricketer
It just gives him a slightly larger than normal skill boost. It doesn't mean anything else. He's not going to become Bradman cause of it.

BATTING MASTER perk does make a massive difference. It's the only perk that gives a "HUGE" boost. That's a game changer

Maybe he won't become Bradman, but he'd definitely be a world class AI batsman

That's another example of how we are still searching in the dark for what actually happens in this game... Batting master to me sounded like, well, as the name suggested, once in a generation player.

I also hate how most perks mean that they lose a skill in something else!?

BATTING MASTER does make the biggest difference, in batting. Especially to any player that's not a "pure" batter/wicketkeeper. It's the only batting perk that gives a "HUGE" boost.

I don't disagree. But are you going to test run rate default, batting on easy, legend difficulty with timing at 23 and wicket chance 38 as well? How about all the other possible settings?

But I'd say no one knows the skill to make a player like Steve Smith. Likewise, no one knows how to make a player who is not Steve Smith. This is where, for me, there needs to be extensive testing - either AI v AI, simulating (if that can safely be considered to replicate the full match) or through a lot of targeted human v AI testing. AFter 40 innings in test cricket what's Smith's average? And what is an acceptable range of difference from real life? 5%? 10%? 20%

My view is that skills don't seem to have a great impact. Strike rate, shot selection seem to be determined by mentality, not dissimilar to bowlers where the mentality will determine the deliveries they bowl. The skills just convey the effectiveness of the player to execute. They play a part in other areas of the game, that's one the things I was trying to resolve when I was originally involved with it. You can give players big weaknesses but they might end up not being as good. Not being as good can have impacts elsewhere. I've given lots of players a couple of blocks for doosra even though they'll never bowl it, just because I know if I didn't they'd be considered not as good.

I think the game is missing mental attributes to full help improve the uinique aspects of players that would help. High skill players with poor mental attributes, low skill players with high mental attributes. It probably also needs an overall rating that is seperate from other skills. These two things could help improve the balance of things. Reputation is another one that might help in career mode. I could offer more detail but I've rambled on about it somewhere already.

You have moderate, significant and huge. But I don't think they are going to completely change the quality of a player.

Now, I may have added too many perks for some players. But I've done it for players of a similar ability. I like the perks but I think it could be better. My view would be you make them more about creating unique AI players and have a mix for human players (if you're in career mode) of boosts (to individual skills or confidence and timing) or achievements. The 'Chaser' perk, maybe you just have that as an in game achievement that you unlock after being not out during five chases. Then, if it was part of the game, you unlock a new bat or pair of gloves. Some cosmetic reward. For the AI, rather than a skill boost it just makes their confidence or timing a little better. or whatever would make them more effective in a run chase. If that has to be giving them a skill boost then so be it.

It does change the quality of a player by a HUGE margin. Just not every player

An All Rounder or Batting All Rounder with PACE MASTER or BATTING MASTER perk will be quite deadly.. which would make him an extremely powerful "genuine" All Rounder

But someone who is already a BATTER or BOWLER, with maxed out everything in Batting and Bowling.. Batting Master/Pace Master perks won't make that much of an effect

Last edited by a moderator:

Little Timmy

Little Timmy
Profile Flag
England
Hi guys

It’s always annoyed me that 12th man counts as an appearance. For a stat man like myself, it’s annoying. I belatedly found a way around it though. I just created a player called 12th Man (Could be John Smith or whatever) and I just leave him as my 12th man, thus not ruining my other players’ stats. This is outside of Career Mode, so Play Now and Competitions.

This may or may not be of interest to people!

Last edited:

RAVI99

Club Captain
BATTING MASTER perk does make a massive difference. It's the only perk that gives a "HUGE" boost. That's a game changer

Maybe he won't become Bradman, but he'd definitely be a world class AI batsman

BATTING MASTER does make the biggest difference, in batting. Especially to any player that's not a "pure" batter/wicketkeeper. It's the only batting perk that gives a "HUGE" boost.

It does change the quality of a player by a HUGE margin. Just not every player

An All Rounder or Batting All Rounder with PACE MASTER or BATTING MASTER perk will be quite deadly.. which would make him an extremely powerful "genuine" All Rounder

But someone who is already a BATTER or BOWLER, with maxed out everything in Batting and Bowling.. Batting Master/Pace Master perks won't make that much of an effect
Max power and put the effort perks are too overpowered should be looked into or removed as already game is not easy to bat now.
As it delivers bullet pace.
I also feel perks should be totally disabled for online games.

Ashy-90

Associate Captain
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Academy Server working for anyone ?? not connecting since 4days.

GuyIncognito

Chairman of Selectors
AUS..
RCB...
MS
Melbourne Stars
Birmingham Phoenix
The Boys
Profile Flag
Australia
Academy Server working for anyone ?? not connecting since 4days.
Just tried and it wasn't working for me.

Edit: Tried again and it was working fine for me. Weird.

Users who are viewing this thread