Cricket 22 General Discussion thread (Use bug report thread for issues/bugs/crashes | Patch notes in first post)

travder92

Club Captain
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Also 80% of the time my team doesnt react at all when I take a wicket, and I've had numerous silent cutscenes in the career mode and the first press conference 'froze' and wouldn't let me continue I had to alt F4. Bugs on top of lack of forward innovation is pretty disheartening for an 80$ release. Most I've paid for a game this year, and I want to support Aussie devs but ya really need to start pushing the medium forward guys.

Punk_Sk8r

National Board President
Look at the colour.. Green or red pull back yellow or blue push front.

I guess I should try this method as sometimes I see green and I think "hmm shall I play front or back" and in that time ball is gone past.
Others correct me if I’m wrong, but sort of like real cricket, watch it from the hand.

Have the circle appear around the ball earlier if needs be, but ultimately that shows you the line and length, then you input accordingly.

May take a bit of practice but I don’t think there is any magic formula sorry.

Thanks, I play with everything turned off apart from the pitch marker and yeah I'm watching the ball out the hand just wanted to see how you cats react to thing's

travder92

Club Captain
Can someone help me out with this. It is really annoying
It defs changes when you create custom difficulty, make sure you set the batting, fielding bowling etc to the new custom difficulty as well, by default it just puts it as the AI. I struggled with this at first as well.

passwordistaco

Panel of Selectors
Coming out of the abyss. But Ive played a chunk of this today.

Some serious issues which make it a bit of a two steps forward one step back from C19 at the moment.

Where's the time of day in the UI for first class games?? Can't see how much time left in the day.
Fielding is still the weakest link in the whole deal, just poor animations, no realistic dives, dumb decisions on the boundary rope, ugly throws. Really this is the area that needs an overhaul in animation the most next time around.
Enjoy the new bowling arcade style of placing a marker ala EA cricket and earlier. The ability to get varied lines and lengths is much improved because of this.
Batting is slightly improved but the 'edges' that go to the boundary in covers is just ridiculous and the commentary on the whole is pretty poor. Feels like they only have 5 lines each and Atherton was asleep when he recorded.

Where C19 was a 7/10 this is maybe a 7.5. It really needs more of an overhaul. Its clunky and kinda left in 2013. Not enough has improved from DBC14 which was a longggg time ago now.
Yeah, not sure where the time has gone. I have to rely on overs left in the day for any indication. Makes timing a chase etc. difficult.

GuyIncognito

Chairman of Selectors
AUS..
RCB...
MS
Melbourne Stars
Birmingham Phoenix
The Boys
Profile Flag
Australia
Yeah, not sure where the time has gone. I have to rely on overs left in the day for any indication. Makes timing a chase etc. difficult.
Bit of a glaring oversight in that regard. The one thing annoying me really, the only thing, is the f***** overthrows where the keeper and back up fielder just stand there. Surely its not that complicated to fix.

Punk_Sk8r

National Board President
Is anyone having an issue while changing Ball Marker display time? For me, it stays the same even if I change it in the settings.
It's a bug I've reported it in the bug thread
Question for people…

When you play your game. Test ODI and T20zz

what are the key gameplay issues you have.. glaring things missing or things that don’t seem to quite be right.

not bugs.. but things that the sport of cricket needs..
Only played one ODI so far but aside from bugs I can't really put my finger on much regarding the game of cricket itself. A lot of the stuff coming to mind is stuff that could be improved over time and future iterations, things like animations flowing and seaming together in a more fluid way because for the most part everything seems to be there unless we really nitpick.

But just bat vs ball we have the plays and misses, edges.. I guess things like pitch and impact of pitch on the ball would be good, more seam movement maybe (although I feel seam movement has been decent in BA games). Overall though I think it just needs to be polished... Could be wrong as I've had only 4hrs gameplay

travder92

Club Captain
Bit of a glaring oversight in that regard. The one thing annoying me really, the only thing, is the f***** overthrows where the keeper and back up fielder just stand there. Surely its not that complicated to fix.

That's been around since DBC14 so it must be lol. Fielding AI has been the weakest link since the start. I'm sick of seeing fielders watch balls bounce 3 inches in front of them without making any effort to move forward at all.

Wealey

ICC Board Member
It's a bug I've reported it in the bug thread

Only played one ODI so far but aside from bugs I can't really put my finger on much regarding the game of cricket itself. A lot of the stuff coming to mind is stuff that could be improved over time and future iterations, things like animations flowing and seaming together in a more fluid way because for the most part everything seems to be there unless we really nitpick.

But just bat vs ball we have the plays and misses, edges.. I guess things like pitch and impact of pitch on the ball would be good, more seam movement maybe (although I feel seam movement has been decent in BA games). Overall though I think it just needs to be polished... Could be wrong as I've had only 4hrs gameplay
Have you had anyone caught in the ring?

jabbathehut

County Cricketer
Is there any way to select a team in competition mode rather than a fixture.
In c19 you could for the 100 and Cpl 20 or is there another way to do it.

midhun333

County Cricketer
CSK
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
It defs changes when you create custom difficulty, make sure you set the batting, fielding bowling etc to the new custom difficulty as well, by default it just puts it as the AI. I struggled with this at first as well.
The value changes in settings but nothing happens in the game. I checked it.

midhun333

County Cricketer
CSK
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
To me, most annoying thing is fielding. Fielders are similar to dummies in the game. Wicketkeepers don't even attempt to catch a short ball. It is so unrealistic when fielders from the inner circle run to the boundary to catch a ball which should have been easily cleared in real life.

Nithin Antony

County Cricketer
TPCL Titans
I guess I should try this method as sometimes I see green and I think "hmm shall I play front or back" and in that time ball is gone past.

Thanks, I play with everything turned off apart from the pitch marker and yeah I'm watching the ball out the hand just wanted to see how you cats react to thing's
If pitch is hard or medium, back foot is fine most time. If it's soft, probably you can play in front foot. You will able to understand the difference once you play along

Slug1793

Associate Cricketer
Profile Flag
England
No worries at all. I play with everything off except from the marker around the hand/ball and it is a bit of brain training required I guess, see half a circle and it’s yellow, you just instantly know to drive through the covers haha

Users who are viewing this thread