Cricket 22 General Discussion thread (Use bug report thread for issues/bugs/crashes | Patch notes in first post)

Harigoks

County Cricketer
@Harigoks

1. Make sure the AI has Ball Quality set to 100 and base difficulty set to Legend

What it does is make bowlers in better positions

View attachment 258634

2. Set base difficulty to Hardest and make changes (Batting)

View attachment 258635
View attachment 258636
View attachment 258637

3. Changing the physics

Just change the Pitch Bounce from 50 to 45
It eliminates the extras that AI concedes + feels more real.

View attachment 258638

Let me know how it feels.

Post automatically merged:

This is best suited for longer formats
Perfect! Just one question... Do you feel the weight of the ball on the bat with all these sliders? Just curious.

Rumple43

Survival Games Finalist
Survival Games Finalist
Profile Flag
England
Perfect! Just one question... Do you feel the weight of the ball on the bat with all these sliders? Just curious.
Just for reference, and please feel free to disregard this as I don't have C22 and don't plan to get it until next week....

When I was passing time waiting for C22 to be released, I did some slider testing on Ashes and found that the exact thing being described "tennis ball bounce" was linked to the "ball bounce" slider.

In my testing, this slider didn't affect the ball being bowled, it still looked the same off the pitch, but off the bat the ball was vastly different. I could get a single forward defensive to go into the pitch and then bounce up easily as high as head height, and continue to bounce that high three or four times at least. This also then has an impact on how fast the ball goes to the boundary, how quickly it comes off the bat and so on.

An extreme example as I had the setting on 100/100, but if you want to make the ball feel "heavier", as it were, I'd start with reducing that slider.

Assuming the sliders actually make a difference right now. I've seen the odd post suggesting they might not! :(

Hasan

School Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Hey guys,

Sorry if it has been asked and answered before. In Cricket 19, while batting we used to see the marker where ball is going to pitch. Do you guys know how to enable that in Cricket 22?

Thanks

silentwitness

School Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
Hi I got the game today on the PS5 however when i try to replace teams with the "replace with best"option i dont get the correct teams. I am currently trying to replace India with the best team. I have tried browsing community to find India and download it but cant find the Indian team only. Am i doing something wrong or are the community teams just not made yet since the game released yesterday?

gleebo41

School Cricketer
Hey guys,

Sorry if it has been asked and answered before. In Cricket 19, while batting we used to see the marker where ball is going to pitch. Do you guys know how to enable that in Cricket 22?

Thanks
currently that is unavailable with the game. It’s a big with the ball marker display time. It’s not in todays patches but Big Ant are aware of the issue and will look to rectify soon. For the time being look at the ball marker batting tutorial and that will help you learn how to know the balls line as well as the length.

Slug1793

Associate Cricketer
Profile Flag
England
Assuming the sliders actually make a difference right now. I've seen the odd post suggesting they might not! :(
Bounce off the pitch certainly seems to work for me. At the default of 50 the full length balls were going over the top of the stumps quite comfortably, so changed it to 35 and now they seem to be hitting the top of the stumps

Users who are viewing this thread