Cricket 22 General Discussion thread (Use bug report thread for issues/bugs/crashes | Patch notes in first post)

Nithin Antony

County Cricketer
TPCL Titans
Is there another patch for today? I did see Ross mentioned that First patch of the in one of his tweet. Or maybe tomorrow? Would be nice to have a patch to fix few issues to what's been fixed with previous one.
received two already. 1.04 and 1.05

Slug1793

Associate Cricketer
Profile Flag
England
I promise you, this isn't anywhere near that. This, while it has glaring issues, is a working game.
If you want a good laugh give this one a watch, the dreadful game is only made funnier by the fact that it is being played by 2 Americans who have no clue and an Irishman who knows a bit
Post automatically merged:

Very very very different and so far off, watch this video and you’ll see what I mean. It’s actually a very funny video

A lot of mutually inclusive elements, let’s be honest.
The video is an hour long so doubt you have watched it all, but believe me, although this game has issues, it is miles ahead of Ashes 13

Rumple43

Survival Games Finalist
Survival Games Finalist
Profile Flag
England
Bounce off the pitch certainly seems to work for me. At the default of 50 the full length balls were going over the top of the stumps quite comfortably, so changed it to 35 and now they seem to be hitting the top of the stumps
This would tally with some folk reporting the ball flying over the ball keeper's head then. A common theme.

For reference, I also grabbed some real world pitch data in a bit of a quick and dirty way, using Hawkeye. Not the most exact science, but a rough benchmark at least if you're interested.

Both 7m deliveries, which I believe to be a standard delivery (x on PS, no L1 or R1 modifier)

1638536509479.png

As I say, not an exact science, but I reckon if you can make a "standard" delivery at around Jimmy's pace be bails or lower on a soft, grassy English pitch and still clear the stumps on a dry, hard Australian type pitch, you'll be laughing.

If the ball is going any higher than that on an Australian pitch off a good length, I'd imagine short balls are going to go flying!

The real kicker is getting seamers to do as above, and still make sure the deliveries from spinners act appropriately. I have some data for that to, but I'll save it to bore you another time :lol

Thread is here, btw, if you wanted to take a look. You may have already: https://www.planetcricket.org/forum...onto-initial-tinkering-and-discussion.117784/

Slug1793

Associate Cricketer
Profile Flag
England
This would tally with some folk reporting the ball flying over the ball keeper's head then. A common theme.

For reference, I also grabbed some real world pitch data in a bit of a quick and dirty way, using Hawkeye. Not the most exact science, but a rough benchmark at least if you're interested.

Both 7m deliveries, which I believe to be a standard delivery (x on PS, no L1 or R1 modifier)

View attachment 258640

As I say, not an exact science, but I reckon if you can make a "standard" delivery at around Jimmy's pace be bails or lower on a soft, grassy English pitch and still clear the stumps on a dry, hard Australian type pitch, you'll be laughing.

If the ball is going any higher than that on an Australian pitch off a good length, I'd imagine short balls are going to go flying!

The real kicker is getting seamers to do as above, and still make sure the deliveries from spinners act appropriately. I have some data for that to, but I'll save it to bore you another time :lol

Thread is here, btw, if you wanted to take a look. You may have already: https://www.planetcricket.org/forum...onto-initial-tinkering-and-discussion.117784/
Love this, on C19 I had different settings depending on country and format, managed to find that good balance eventually, will likely be the case with 22

Rumple43

Survival Games Finalist
Survival Games Finalist
Profile Flag
England
Love this, on C19 I had different settings depending on country and format, managed to find that good balance eventually, will likely be the case with 22
As a spoiler alert, it's pretty much exactly what I plan to create once I've played with the game for a while. Will be great to have you aboard!

GuyIncognito

Chairman of Selectors
AUS..
RCB...
MS
Melbourne Stars
Birmingham Phoenix
The Boys
Profile Flag
Australia
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
The sliders are brill! I can see some shots where I can feel the weight of the ball. Imma keep digging to make it a bit robust.

Also I'm 25 all out in just 10 overs! Thanks, lol
Might give these sliders a go when I get back next week.

AnmolJ

International Cricketer
Profile Flag
India
The sliders are brill! I can see some shots where I can feel the weight of the ball. Imma keep digging to make it a bit robust.

Also I'm 25 all out in just 10 overs! Thanks, lol
I'm glad you liked it. I can also make the difficulty a bit less for you if you want

lynchy4610

Associate Cricketer
I’m really enjoying it!

Hit a massive 6 that felt so good and looked good! I have a video of it unsure how to upload.

It was a sweet pull shot that wasn’t off that short of a ball just in the slot and went miles!!

Harigoks

County Cricketer
Nope... This is better. This will keep me away from all the other issues that the game has. I'm using it in career mode and it's going to take a while to get there..
Might give these sliders a go when I get back next week.
Yes, the sliders are a real savior
I'm glad you liked it. I can also make the difficulty a bit less for you if you want

jmarcf

Club Captain
Nope... This is better. This will keep me away from all the other issues that the game has. I'm using it in career mode and it's going to take a while to get there..

Yes, the sliders are a real savior
Where are these sliders?

Users who are viewing this thread