Cricket 22 General Discussion thread (Use bug report thread for issues/bugs/crashes | Patch notes in first post)

Ken Tremendous

International Cricketer
A stumping requires them to leave their ground. That ain't happening anytime soon.

Just bowled 95 overs in the first inns of a test match and every dismissal was either caught behind or bowled. Every other edge went straight to ground, nothing flying high at all let alone being caught in the outfield. That was with pitch bounce reduced to 30, not sure if that has had an effect on what comes off the bat as well?
Going to try it with 40 now.

Ill report back, see if it alleviates this issue.
Post automatically merged:

I have flagged it. I’d agree they seem to be non existent atm!
Ive had a couple already, in only limited play.

Going to start a test match and keep an eye out shortly.

jmarcf

Club Captain
Online Cricket Games Owned
Hi

Does the net training ever finish? I've been in the nets for ages and don't understand if I'm supposed to exit or what :rolleyes

Wavelberry

International Cricketer
Just bowled 100+ overs in my New Zealand test match. Here are ma gripes...

1638618843894.png

1638618851329.png

• The differences in how the bowler run ups (am on the classic BA controls whatever that's called) is fine but Broad and Parkinson have some kind of unfair timing which means that it slides past the sweet spot well too quickly and gives you terrible balls all the time.
  • The fielding is pretty awful. Sliding into boundaries, when picking up the ball I've had the meter for throwing come up, pressed it and then the fielder won't throw it at all until the runners have completed their third. Fielders get in the way of your run-out chances. Oh and my midwicket fielder kept teleporting off screen once picking the ball up.
  • Bowling is fairly unfair in a lot of ways including edges going to places edges don't normally fly to so lots of stuff through point and deep square off the edge. No in-fields whatsoever.
  • Batsman being able to take runs off of certain bowlers when playing a forward defensive because, for some reason it knows that you won't be able to select your bowler to pick up the ball and one of the slip fielders comes in instead. Had that with Parkinson.
  • Sooooo many leg byes because the wicket-keeper stands there appealing like a mad man even if he's started after the ball.
  • Pitch bounce (medium standard) is ridiculous with many a full length ball being pulled West Indian style. Somehow.
  • You never feel like you are in an actual match vs a bowler and it still feels a bit RNG with wicket chances and you never knowingly seem to be able to set someone up or work on a weakness

Some things I did like: nice variety of edges and slip catches. The two spinners wickets I got were extremely sexy with the ball showing flight and dip and being used as a surprise scamming the batsmen.

Overall bowling and fielding is an immensely frustrating pastime at the moment and could be improved dramatically by really getting the fielding right, and tweaking the windows on some of the bowlers.

CerealKiller

Staff Member
Fantasy Cricket Team
PAK...
Kings XI
Islamabad
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Avengers
Profile Flag
Pakistan
Guys, should i buy the game right now or wait? Are there any bugs? Are community creations from the last game carried over?

midhun333

County Cricketer
CSK
Profile Flag
India
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
I just had the mid off dropping 3 catches in 5 balls. I stopped playing because it was spoiling the whole experience.

Also anyone know how to edit the other team's lineup. I couldn't find an option for that. Please let me know if there is one

Rumple43

Survival Games Finalist
Survival Games Finalist
Profile Flag
England

Trying to create that typical English pitch. It’s impossible as everyone bowler is a different height so gets differing bounce..

BUT I focused on Jimmy making sure his normal (X) delivery could shave the stumps at times..

It produces more varied wickets as the AI plays different shots to that particular length but can then still get out…

I did nearly grab two LBW’s but they were just going over *just
Great to see.

I plan to get the game Monday and will do slider tinkering for stuff like this before too long.

Really pleased, thanks for recreating dude.

Users who are viewing this thread