Cricket 22 General Discussion thread (Use bug report thread for issues/bugs/crashes | Patch notes in first post)

Ken Tremendous

County Cricketer
Folks, really need your help with something... is anyone able to drive the ball between Cover fielder and Point? I've tried doing so again post the latest patch n PS4 but as mentioned in OP all my cover drives go left of Cover fielder, i.e. through extra-cover region. I'm unable to drive the ball in the arc between Cover fields and Point.

To elaborate when I bat as a right hander, and the AI has selected a field with Mid Off, Cover and Point fielders, I'm unable to drive the ball between Cover and Point no matter what I do. All my cover drives either end up to the Cover fielder or to the left of Covers, i.e. through extra-cover region between Mid Off and Cover region. Essentially the region between Cover and Point is inaccessible at the moment similar to how DBC 17 was at launch.

I should be able to hit a cover/square drive to an overpitched delivery outside off through the gap between Cover and Point but can't. Are you seeing the same? I generally prefer batting to bowling in cricket games, and this is turning out a deal breaker. Any help/input would be appreciated.
Ill give this a go later and feed back (im on PC so you dont have the patch i have yet) but have you submitted it to BA?

Crassus

Club Captain
Profile Flag
England
Speed gun needs sorting. My created player us regularly hitting 97/98mph and that's in club cricket. My slower ball was 91mph :D

Ken Tremendous

County Cricketer
Just played a morning session of a test, after 30 overs i.e. end of morning session, there was no walk off scene to indicate lunch, no comment from the comms etc, this was in all the previous games, it just went to the next ball, i assume, in the next session.

Anyone seen any cut scenes yet in a test of the lunch/tea break being taken or acknowledged?

Small thing granted but it did it add a little to the immersion, be a bit random if its just been taken out.

Wealey

ICC Board Member
Just played a morning session of a test, after 30 overs i.e. end of morning session, there was no walk off scene to indicate lunch, no comment from the comms etc, this was in all the previous games, it just went to the next ball, i assume, in the next session.

Anyone seen any cut scenes yet in a test of the lunch/tea break being taken or acknowledged?

Small thing granted but it did it add a little to the immersion, be a bit random if its just been taken out.

I have certainly had it..

Pravain

Club Captain
SRH...
Avengers
Profile Flag
India
Hey how to bowl on Pro control. I am using it for the first time. I figured the batting and batted for 90 overs and declared the innings in Ashes first match. I am bowling with two sticks , I am getting the jump part. I am not getting the release part. When I push the Right stick the bowler Bowers bouncer. Can anyone please explain the release part with right stick.

cricket_online

ICC Board Member
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Ill give this a go later and feed back (im on PC so you dont have the patch i have yet) but have you submitted it to BA?

Yup, done it but I guess they won't do much unless they hear from others as well else it will be bumped down in their "To do" list. Give it a go.

Try driving the ball through covers between the Cover fielder and Point. Even with the right stick aimed at 3'0 clock for a right handed batsman (Pro Controls), I either hit the Point/Backward Point fielder, or it goes straight to cover. And if I try any other position on the right stick, say 1'0 clock or 2'0 clock position, the ball goes through the extra cover region between Mid Off and Cover fielder, or goes to the Cover fielder.
Post automatically merged:

No I'm not able to do it either. I had posted this couple of days earlier.

Thanks for confirming mate! Good to know I'm not going crazy :)

Slug1793

Associate Cricketer
Profile Flag
England
Hey how to bowl on Pro control. I am using it for the first time. I figured the batting and batted for 90 overs and declared the innings in Ashes first match. I am bowling with two sticks , I am getting the jump part. I am not getting the release part. When I push the Right stick the bowler Bowers bouncer. Can anyone please explain the release part with right stick.
Pull down with the right stick then push up as the circle starts to fill green, the angle at which you push it up (between 10 o’clock, and 2 o’clock) will determine the line of the ball

Nithin Antony

County Cricketer
TPCL Titans
Folks, really need your help with something... is anyone able to drive the ball between Cover fielder and Point? I've tried doing so again post the latest patch n PS4 but as mentioned in OP all my cover drives go left of Cover fielder, i.e. through extra-cover region. I'm unable to drive the ball in the arc between Cover fields and Point.

To elaborate when I bat as a right hander, and the AI has selected a field with Mid Off, Cover and Point fielders, I'm unable to drive the ball between Cover and Point no matter what I do. All my cover drives either end up to the Cover fielder or to the left of Covers, i.e. through extra-cover region between Mid Off and Cover region. Essentially the region between Cover and Point is inaccessible at the moment similar to how DBC 17 was at launch.

I should be able to hit a cover/square drive to an overpitched delivery outside off through the gap between Cover and Point but can't. Are you seeing the same? I generally prefer batting to bowling in cricket games, and this is turning out a deal breaker. Any help/input would be appreciated.
You can pla the shot in nets or against spinners. It's only against fast bowlers I'm facing the issue.

cricket_online

ICC Board Member
You can pla the shot in nets or against spinners. It's only against fast bowlers I'm facing the issue.

And looks like others are having the same experience as can be seen in the following thread...

Yup, the challenge is with the pace bowlers primarily. Earlier we couldn't play forward defensive shot as well on the off side against pacers, and they patched it in. I'm hoping they can patch in the traditional cover drive (between Cover fielder and Point) as well in a subsequent patch.

Little Timmy

Little Timmy
Profile Flag
England
I've just had a user v user 1 day game with NZ v WI(both players on same console). Both sides had close LBW calls that umpire turned down, but there was no option for a player review. Same with players who got out LBW, there was no option to request a review of the decision.

Has the review system changed ?

Was it definitely set as an ODI? I mean, if it was set as List A or Club 50 then you might not have the option. Think that it’s tended to be like that in previous games.

That said, I’ve been getting reviews in Five5 so… ?

cricket_online

ICC Board Member
Annoyingly tho the AI can definitely play it.

AI has always been able to play shots which human players couldn't. But Big Ant need to take a closer look at re-designing the batting controls and have a true 360 degree shot making which was actually present in Ashes Cricket 09 and International Cricket 2010. Currently the shot direction is pre-determined and the ball travels in a select few directions/areas.

Ken Tremendous

County Cricketer
Might be something in this, now i recall i think i have had a few appeals recently turned down where no review option came up when bowling, will keep an eye on it.

Users who are viewing this thread