Mouseydread's Classic Cricket Teams

Mouseydread

Associate Captain
Uploaded one of the greatest team eras of all time, Australia 1990s.

The West Indies were finally knocked off their perch mid way through the decade in a 1-2 loss to Australia and from then on the Aussies were Kings of cricket for the next 15 years.

Here we have remnants of the 1989 All conquering Ashes side including Border, Mark Taylor, Merv Hughes, Ian Healey, Swampy Marsh, Steve Waugh, Dean Jones, mixed with the magic of Shane Warne, Michael Slater, Glenn McGrath and Mark Waugh and a host of consistent role players. This side would morph into the even more successful 2000s. However it was the 1990s that saw this influx of talent in the first place.

Enjoy!

Mouseydread

Associate Captain
Uploaded one of the best Ashes sides of all time, if not one of the greatest side of all time, Australia 1989 Ashes. In a six test series, the Aussies led by "captain Grumpy" Allan Border obliterated their English opposition 4-0 in a summer of runs. It was also the coming out party for Steve Waugh and Mark Taylor who supported by Swampy Marsh and the outstanding bowling of Terry Alderman, regained their Ashes. I remeber that summer well, it seemed that the Aussies batted and batted all day long.

This team had really gelled when they won the 1987 World Cup, strangely enough one of their best bowlers Craig McDermott was injured for this tour, but Australia used only 12 players to complete their victory. What a side, Taylor, Geoff Marsh, David Boon, Allan Border, Dean Jones, Steve Waugh, Ian Healey, Trevor Hohns, Geoff Lawson, Terry Alderman, Merv Hughes and Geg Campbell were the 12. Carl Rackemann, Tim Zoehrer, Mike Valetta, Tom Moody and Tim May played during the tour but not the tests.

In my grand tournament of cricket sides in the sky, this one would be one of my favorites to win.

Enjoy!

Mouseydread

Associate Captain
Uploaded West Indies 1984

The "Blackwash" team
that came to England and beat them 5-0. This series has huge cultural significance for all West Indians, as 1983 does for India for slightly different reasons. This was Clive Lloyd's machine at its ruthless best, with the world's best opening pair, in Greenidge and Haynes, best batsman, Viv Richards, best bowler, Malcolm Marshall, acrobatic keeper batsman Jeff Dujon, electric fielders in Gus Logie and Roger Harper, future legends in Courtney Walsh and Richie Richardson and Larry Gomes, Joel Garner and Michael Holding coming to the end of their test careers but no less effective.

Yet this team had one "spare" usually Eldine Baptiste. Its strange but with the defection of Franklyn Stephenson, Ezra Moseley, Sylvester Clarke, Collis King, and Croft the Windies could have been stronger, Baptiste had a good series anyway and will forever be part of this legendary team as will back up Milton Small and keeper Thelston Payne. Baptiste, Payne and Small would breeze into the current Windies team.

Anyway, I may post the 2nd Blackwash team as it has Patterson and the 1988 team which was a changing of the guard team but I would argue the last of the great Windies teams. My favorite all time Windies side is the one with the boys in my avatar, the fearsome foursome 1979/80 Windies which has already been uploaded.

Enjoy!

Last edited:

blockerdave

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
Uploaded West Indies 1984

The "Blackwash" team
that came to England and beat them 5-0. This series has huge cultural significance for all West Indians, as 1983 does for India for slightly different reasons. This was Clive Lloyd's machine at its ruthless best, with the world's best opening pair, in Greenidge and Haynes, best batsman, Viv Richards, best bowler, Malcolm Marshall, acrobatic keeper batsman Jeff Dujon, electric fielders in Gus Logie and Roger Harper, future legends in Courtney Walsh and Richie Richardson and Larry Gomes, Joel Garner and Michael Holding coming to the end of their test careers but no less effective.

Yet this team had one "spare" usually Eldine Baptiste. Its strange but with the defection of Franklyn Stephenson, Ezra Moseley, Sylvester Clarke, Collis King, and Croft the Windies could have been stronger, Baptiste had a good series anyway and will forever be part of this legendary team as will back up Milton Small and keeper Thelston Payne. Baptiste, Payne and Small would breeze into the current Windies team.

Anyway, I may post the 2nd Blackwash team as it has Patterson and the 1988 team which was a changing of the guard team but I would argue the last of the great Windies teams. My favorite all time Windies side is the one with the boys in my avatar, the fearsome foursome 1979/80 Windies which has already been uploaded.

Enjoy!
Insane how good that team was even without a truly top class 4th seamer… imagine if Clarke, Moseley or Stephenson had been in that team too!!!

Mouseydread

Associate Captain
Insane how good that team was even without a truly top class 4th seamer… imagine if Clarke, Moseley or Stephenson had been in that team too!!!
Kallicharran and Rowe were missing too but it could be argued that they were coming to the end, but Collis King plus Mosely, Clarke and Stephenson. .. INSANE!

Funny though I just did a ODI with Aussies 89 and they won with the Windies 84 chasing to 254 they fell 12 runs short! ( I was gutted) it was Baptiste who held it together and nearly brought the Windies home after Viv and Richardson failed.

Mouseydread

Associate Captain
Uploaded Australia 2000s. A great era for Aussie cricket. Some careers crossed both eras such as with the brilliant Warne, and McGrath and Martyn, now the team is strengthen with the emergence of Langer, Hayden, Ponting, Gilchrist, Clarke, Katich, Symons, Brett Lee, Hogg, Gillespie, Bracken, Shane Watson, Shaun Tait, Mitchell Johnson and Mr.Cricket ,Mike Hussey,

It will interesting to play Australia 1990s vs Australia 2000s in an ODI!

Enjoy!

Last edited:

Tfiwssirhc

#bemore
ENG....
Manchester Originals
TPCL Titans
Updated Merv Hughes and Terry Alderman and thus Australia 90s and Australia 89 Ashes. Updated Malcolm Marshall face (so difficult to do- Ill get there) and Desmond Haynes face.

:)
Love your work mousey,there's a load of west Indian playfaces on the academy,Marshall,Dujon,Haynes,Greenidge,Holding and a few others,not sure how accurate they are,but you could check them out.

pinku

Associate Captain
Online Cricket Games Owned
Uploaded Australia 2000s. A great era for Aussie cricket. Some careers crossed both eras such as with the brilliant Warne, and McGrath and Martyn, now the team is strengthen with the emergence of Langer, Hayden, Ponting, Gilchrist, Clarke, Katich, Symons, Brett Lee, Hogg, Gillespie, Bracken, Shane Watson, Shaun Tait, and Mr.Cricket ,Mike Hussey,

It will interesting to play Australia 1990s vs Australia 2000s in an ODI!

Enjoy!
Now we're talking!!

Users who are viewing this thread