Cricket 22 General Discussion thread (Use bug report thread for issues/bugs/crashes | Patch notes in first post)

Loubs

User Title Purchaser
ENG....
PlanetCricket Award Winner
X Rebels
Profile Flag
England
Bowling maidens in T20. That's rare even in real life. Even the best bowlers gives couple of runs in their overs atleast.
Post automatically merged:
Totally agree but to strike a balance when you are bowling well is important as not every ball is smashable, you should be able to bowl economical but you will concede the ones and twos.

Ragz

Club Cricketer
What should be the result, if we played lately on poor feedback?
Edge it (inside or outside edge depending on the shot and the kind of delivery), miss it completely to be bowled, lbw or beaten to the keeper or strike it into the ground with absolutely no power/timing.

Only exception where it makes sense for the ball to go up in the air could be the pull shot which when played late can take the shoulder of the bat and end up being skied & get caught or go behind the keeper.

Little Timmy

Little Timmy
Profile Flag
England
Just noticed that some runs I make are not being registered, clearly the ball hit the bat. Also had a catch not registered, and it was a lovely catch lol. On ps4, anyone else noticed this? Thanks.

I’ve submitted a ticket because of clear examples of leg byes not being added to the score.

Nithin Antony

County Cricketer
TPCL Titans
Totally agree but to strike a balance when you are bowling well is important as not every ball is smashable, you should be able to bowl economical but you will concede the ones and twos.
16454358112658915612919303187031.jpg
I'm getting the balance in odis, t20s and test matches. This is from a odi match I just played (career mode). There are matches where I've gone for 73 in 10 overs for no wickets and there are matches where I take 2-4 wickets in 10 overs going for 35-55 runs.

Similar results in T20 just like in real life. Happy to stream and show if anyone is interested.

Nithin Antony

County Cricketer
TPCL Titans
T20s and T10s I have set at 40 and 45 which is breeding fair scores. Tests is a little inconsistent with patches but 20 generally has AI moving at 2.5 to 3.0 rpo.

Do you find 35 okay for ODIs? What totals are AI getting?

I’m finding they plod along a bit then explode in last ten. This is a bit like C19 I think. Even if the batsmen are classed as aggressive, they seem to start the innings in quite an old fashioned manner. I’m playing against weaker teams but my own created team isn’t rated much higher and like I say, AI are posting decent totals in shortest formats.
36 is what I use in odis. Based on the number of wickets lost AI seems to adjust their batting accordingly. In the last 5 overs they basically score what they scored in the 10-12 overs before that.

Overall the final score would be anything between 180 - 270 in most cases.

Gamefroggy

Associate Cricketer
Profile Flag
South Africa
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Gave test matches another try and boy oh boy. The fielding really sucks. The proof is there to show that BA team doesn’t have a clue what they are doing in certain areas of the game. Ross should fire people and get a team that can do the job properly. Thats how it works in real life, well at least in the industry that I am working. We paid for a game that just can’t get onto par.

wasteyouryouth

Verified
Admin
Gave test matches another try and boy oh boy. The fielding really sucks. The proof is there to show that BA team doesn’t have a clue what they are doing in certain areas of the game. Ross should fire people and get a team that can do the job properly. Thats how it works in real life, well at least in the industry that I am working. We paid for a game that just can’t get onto par.
We get that you're not happy, cause you post about it every day.

GuyIncognito

Chairman of Selectors
AUS..
RCB...
MS
Melbourne Stars
Birmingham Phoenix
The Boys
Profile Flag
Australia
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
We get that you're not happy, cause you post about it every day.
You should see some steam users in discussions. Literally creating a new thread once a week on why they won't play it again, only to keep discussing it and creating another "won't play" thread the following week.

sahil1087

Club Captain
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
We get that it needs improvement but it's not this bad. May be try and use sliders?

wasteyouryouth

Verified
Admin
You should see some steam users in discussions. Literally creating a new thread once a week on why they won't play it again, only to keep discussing it and creating another "won't play" thread the following week.
Bet there's a few people on here that fit into this:

5 years ago: I'm never buying another Big Ant game again
3 years ago: This is the last time I buy a Big Ant game before it's been out for six months.
6 months ago: What's going on with my pre-order?

sonimrajk

International Cricketer
Exactly otherwise it will be impossible to play the game and it will become a guessing game whether the ball is coming in or moving away , Tailenders normally don't play replacement shot more often and it's because of their lack of skills which i think is great , surely you can't have Babar or Virat playing n missing or edging every 3rd delivery because you guess the swing wrong.
But i am not even getting a single lbw or not even appeals because of this. The only way i get out is keeper catches n outfield catches if i play lofted shots. If i increase the difficulty or sliders then more catches to the keeper and slips.
How can we get more chances to lbws or bowleds while human batting? Is there any modifier which can help?

Nithin Antony

County Cricketer
TPCL Titans
But i am not even getting a single lbw or not even appeals because of this. The only way i get out is keeper catches n outfield catches if i play lofted shots. If i increase the difficulty or sliders then more catches to the keeper and slips.
How can we get more chances to lbws or bowleds while human batting? Is there any modifier which can help?
Reduce the bowl marker display time. Increase the bowl quality influence. Decrease the edge chances on good and poor inputs. Increase the pace bowling swing and pace bowling visual speed.

You should be seeing more variety of dismissals.

adamtheswan

County Cricketer
What's the deal with moving the circle around the ball, pressing X and the fielder just standing there letting the ball go for six? Happened four times in about three overs. Completely ruined the match. Do they know about this?

sonimrajk

International Cricketer
Reduce the bowl marker display time. Increase the bowl quality influence. Decrease the edge chances on good and poor inputs. Increase the pace bowling swing and pace bowling visual speed.

You should be seeing more variety of dismissals.
Can you share your number for edge chances on good and poor inputs?

Users who are viewing this thread