Cricket 22 General Discussion thread (Use bug report thread for issues/bugs/crashes | Patch notes in first post)

Sahil70

Club Captain
2. Keeper is super human as during spin ball several time u played proper sweep shots and keeper goes way on leg side to catch the ball and succeed in it

Does he still run in front of (sometimes through)the batsman to take catches?

disco123

Associate Captain
Profile Flag
England
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
I need help …. Batting with Pro controls I’m finding it difficult to get good / ideal footwork when playing through offside, particularly cover and square drives , nicking off a lot with ok / good / good feedback. Should foot movement with Left stick be towards 3 o’clock position to deliveries wide of off stump , anyone got any tips other than “get better at batting”. :)

mani82ua

Little Timmy
Profile Flag
Pakistan
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Point 3 sounds like a bad hdmi cable, you got a spare one to try and see if that fixes it. If its not the cable then it could be a dodgy port on the console itself. Either case I'm 90% sure this isn't a game issue.
Its not bad hdmi as i tried 3-4 different and all having same issue and only with this game, plus arctic wolf from community has also highlighted same concern.

smurfygray86

Associate Captain
I need help …. Batting with Pro controls I’m finding it difficult to get good / ideal footwork when playing through offside, particularly cover and square drives , nicking off a lot with ok / good / good feedback. Should foot movement with Left stick be towards 3 o’clock position to deliveries wide of off stump , anyone got any tips other than “get better at batting”. :)
This helped me pal

hk613

School Cricketer
Played the big x1 for the first time. My oponent was clearly cheating. He had 3-4 sapphire players in the squad. Don't know how he was allowed to start the match with that lineup.
Still i won the match. But guess what, i received fair play points in the negative.
Can somebody from big ant explain this ?

Look at his lineup. Williamson, smith, stokes, QDK four sapphire players in the lineup.
20220226_004641.jpg20220226_014007.jpg

Bootsey

Club Cricketer
Played the big x1 for the first time. My oponent was clearly cheating. He had 3-4 sapphire players in the squad. Don't know how he was allowed to start the match with that lineup.
Still i won the match. But guess what, i received fair play points in the negative.

Look at his lineup. Williamson, smith, stokes, QDK four sapphire players in the lineup.
View attachment 264304View attachment 264305
Unfortunately you are always gonna find someone who manages a work around on online games, apart from the negative, congrats on the win

GuyIncognito

Chairman of Selectors
AUS..
RCB...
MS
Melbourne Stars
Birmingham Phoenix
The Boys
Profile Flag
Australia
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC

View attachment 264304View attachment 264305
Don't want to shit on your parade, but we have a Big XI thread you can post this in and tag Matt in as well. I've had a few obvious cheaters playing the mode as well.

blockerdave

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
2 humble suggestions for simple logic to improve this game immensely.

1) A left arm bowler over the wicket to a right hand batsman (or right arm bowler over the wicket to a left hand batsman) should not be allowed to select a 7-2 field
2) If a user has selected a grassy pitch, in spring, the chances are they're looking for bowler friendly conditions and do not want a sunny cloudless sky pushing 30 degrees

Last edited:

Wealey

ICC Board Member
2 humble suggestions for simple logic to improve this game immensely.

1) A left arm bowler over the wicket to a right hand batsman (or right arm bowler over the wicket to a right hand batsman) should not be allowed to select a 7-2 field
2) If a user has selected a grassy pitch, in spring, the chances are they're looking for bowler friendly conditions and do not want a sunny cloudless sky pushing 30 degrees

It annoys me in general that you can’t just select what weather you want

FaizanN

Club Captain
Its always been temperature based.
Yes players are wearing jumpers in temperature below 15…but the problem is with custom teams everybody wear jumper..it shouldn’t be like this..some should wear and some should not…it takes away the realism…although jumper issuue is fine with licensed teams

GuyIncognito

Chairman of Selectors
AUS..
RCB...
MS
Melbourne Stars
Birmingham Phoenix
The Boys
Profile Flag
Australia
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Yes players are wearing jumpers in temperature below 15…but the problem is with custom teams everybody wear jumper..it shouldn’t be like this..some should wear and some should not…it takes away the realism…although jumper issuue is fine with licensed teams
Ahh k, I'm with you now.

Irtileaf

Club Captain
I wanted to put together a little clip package of 10 overs worth of AI v AI that I watched play out earlier today. I figured it was the easiest way to see how the AI would play with bat and ball with the new patch, so I removed myself from the game play.

In short, it was awesome. It looked great, loads happened, it was balanced, hence I decided to put a short video together on it.

PlayStation4 EU 2060 build, came out this week
Reskilled teams, I can point people in the direction of how it's done if they're interested.
V3 sliders, with a pitch and away team modifier, plus RR set to 45

With a RR of 2.8 and two wickets going down, it was a really nice balance between the two sides on a day 3 pitch that was never great to begin with.

The AI batters left balls alone, they defended when needed, they made mistakes as well.

When a new batter came in they were smart to leave early, nudge it into gaps and rotate the strike when needed, overall it just looked like Test cricket.

The two wickets are both really nice. They were off the spinner but nothing to do with bat/pad, which was refreshing!

Overall I'm pretty impressed with this build, though I do want to test the RR and how it plays a little longer before I'm ready to commit to throwing a new slider spreadsheet out.

Hope you guys are all enjoying the build as much as I did today! @WealeyH
This is beautiful mate. Almost as good as the real thing.
I have a question, are spinners still OP and take most of the wickets?
Also can you please guide me about reskilling. Previously I had reskilled by reducing Judgement and power to 4 I guess. And rest of skills were lowered by 2 or 3 points.
Also in V3 sliders we just need to change the run rate to 45. The wicket chance, striker timing, and the physic remain the same right?

Loubs

User Title Purchaser
ENG....
PlanetCricket Award Winner
X Rebels
Profile Flag
England
Dark shadows issue on the pitch is back again. After a user reporting this issue to Ross on twitter, there was temporary fix applied in one of the previous patches by moving the shadows little bit back towards keeper. But it seems to be back in latest patch.

View attachment 264220
For reference this is in sydney ground.
I had to bowl into a shadow that put most of the pitch and the batsman into 'dark' just seemed really weird.
It could be that four day matches are balanced differently.
How so? The AI sliders are generic so how and in which way would they be balanced? Is this out of our hands?
Default run rate yeah! Wicket chance may of been 45 which is actually higher than I normally have it at for an Aussie deck.

Verteran
Hard Bowling
I am not thinking the way forward it to have different difficulty settings for each form of the game but can these be set for each game save?
Or I'm shit.
We both (perhaps).

Users who are viewing this thread