The BIG XI Thread

smurfygray86

Associate Captain
From a quick skip through, a number of balls that either were wides, or were bowled down the leg side. A few small deductions adding up among mostly fair gameplay. A tiny deduction in fair play points is not a "you were unfair" - the idea is they offset against the points you get for playing/winning. You get 500 points even for losing a match, so if your fair play is less than 500 you are always net positive.

This is the only way we can deliver what people were demanding before this patch - that people who play genuinely unfair don't end up getting positive points, it means even minor things can build fairly high points, but ones that should be offset by the normal scores during gameplay.

We'll look to improve how we can communicate this - though to some extent we also don't want people to 'game' the fair play system, such as to bowl the exact amount of bad balls that keep them under the limits of some of the stronger penalties, etc.
That’s has helped me understand now cheers

Nithin Antony

County Cricketer
TPCL Titans
I just played through a match myself trying it out and actually ended with -66 fair play - my main deduction was for bowling too many effort/slower balls in an over. That might be one for people to watch out for, and wouldn't be that obvious on a video unless you're checking bowling speed each time to be sure.
Could you please look into the below points

The Stats of the players are not getting recorded in big XI mode.

Fielding has taken a hit with the latest patch. Fielders react late to balls which goes above their head while running backwards.

Instead of 10w hauls in bowler stats hud could you bring e.Con rate?

Thanks in advance.

Nithin Antony

County Cricketer
TPCL Titans
@MattW,

Some of the opponent disconnects is adding to our losses. I faced two today. Both times my opponent ran away and my team was awarded with a loss.

Jerm

International Coach
SA.....
Profile Flag
South Africa
Penalties definitely needs balancing again... just had an awesomely competitive game with a friend and he ends up with minus score for a game which I considered very fair and enjoyable.... the penalties for "too many" slower balls and effort balls is a bit OP, it is almost the only weapon one has against aggressive batting....

Nithin Antony

County Cricketer
TPCL Titans
@MattW,

Big XI mode is unplayable now.

Opponent disconnects it's adds to our loss.
We only get a few points when opponent disconnects.
Leg side wides are not called.
Fielders are not catching balls going above their head when they are running, the catch attempt is made only after ball is passed them.
Keeper not collecting balls going near them resulting in byes

I've played 6 games in the new patch. Everytime opponent disconnected and it added to my loss.

smurfygray86

Associate Captain
@MattW,

Fielders are not catching balls going above their head when they are running, the catch attempt is made only after ball is passed them.

I've played 6 games in the new patch. Everytime opponent disconnected and it added to my loss.
I’ve not had one player disconnect yet I must be lucky and I must admit the fielders catching animation after ball has gone is pretty comical although not when it should be an easy catch. Not sure what’s happening to fielding it was perfect last week

GuyIncognito

Chairman of Selectors
AUS..
RCB...
MS
Melbourne Stars
Birmingham Phoenix
The Boys
Profile Flag
Australia
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
@MattW,

Are you sure its not ping related? The few times I've played and they've been against people from presumably asia where the ping is about 300+.

Wolfie22

School Cricketer
Hi @MattW,

First game after the new patch. Played the big XI mode. for a T5 match.

Bowled first with LFM, RF, RM and OS bowlers and the opponent was all out for 30 odd. Not a single ball was early release nor late release. The fielders were evenly placed in the leg side and off side. Mixed the deliveries in line and length without having any silly or close fielders.

Chased down the total where one of my batter had stepped on step to the offside for one ball only. Played to the merit of the ball and scored my runs. Yet I was awarded -185 points at the end of the match.

I am adding the link to the match in case you want to review whatever said above. Could you please tell me what did I do wrong to be awarded with negative points?

I'm having same issue since patch. Can u make a feature that tells us what we lose points for so we know and can learn

smurfygray86

Associate Captain
Games counting runs when it shouldn’t reviewed an lbw give him out and overturned it but he still got 3 runs added

smurfygray86

Associate Captain
Also not sure what’s happened to fielding online but it’s gone to pot. Players watching ball go over ropes when it’s an easy stop and jumping for catches in thin air instead of making an easy catch. Think it’s only online as career mode and normal mode seems ok

Nithin Antony

County Cricketer
TPCL Titans
I'm having same issue since patch. Can u make a feature that tells us what we lose points for so we know and can learn
In my understanding, if you use any of the below you will end up having negative points

1. Bowling majority of slower or effort balls in one over.

2. Bowling down leg side or close to wide line on off side.

3. If you post too many fielders on one side or have silly fileders

4. If you keep moving to right or left side of the stumps frequently to play your shots.

5 bowling too early or not inputting anything in the 2 input place.

This is from my experience, not sure how true is this in terms of actual calculations.
Post automatically merged:

Games counting runs when it shouldn’t reviewed an lbw give him out and overturned it but he still got 3 runs added
Latest patch has creeped in some issues which were not previously there.

GuyIncognito

Chairman of Selectors
AUS..
RCB...
MS
Melbourne Stars
Birmingham Phoenix
The Boys
Profile Flag
Australia
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
In all the games the team disconnecting were clearly going into a failure / terrible performance. So I don't think it's a ping issue.
Fair enough, thought I'd throw it out there. All good.

Users who are viewing this thread