Cricket 22 General Discussion thread (Use bug report thread for issues/bugs/crashes | Patch notes in first post)

AnmolJ

Associate Captain
Profile Flag
India
Please give it a shot.

Posting it publicly means people can comment on whether something you experience is a more general issue, whether people agree that it's something, or if others do something that helps them minimise an issue - or simply that it's a difference in how you play vs how others play the game. It's hard to get that when taking feedback tickets in isolation, as it's just one perspective. Consensus is a lot easier to action than one person's opinion, as there's lots of people playing the game - and as I noted, lots of people don't comment when they are happy with something, but are very vocal when unhappy, but might take part in a discussion.

Multiple members of the BA staff (myself included, as you can see by this post) read this forum, and where needed, posts are passed on to the testing team, or where possible directly actioned.
I remember the initial release had a very good ball feel as the ball felt heavier, I saw everyone here appreciating it and still it disappeared.
Plus, I want nothing fancy at all, all I want is the game to feel something like what we watch on TV.
If I share pointers here like the AI chases way more often than usual. Spinners taking wickets on grassy pitches, etc. The list continues and it won't help if I keep posting it here as they have been mentioned before.

I only know @Gamer Pradosh who tests the game, I'll get in touch with him and share what I feel about the game and he can pass those things to you.

Acid Burn

International Coach
Profile Flag
South Africa
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
atleast got some smile :D on face , after long time waiting of patch

View attachment 265165

This is what you call a Cricket Tragic.
Doesnt have any other Cricket game to fall back onto, so keeps on coming back to the Game in the vain hope that things will get better.
Eventually gives up and leaves a Bad Review.

I can relate to that.

Regarding Ross Symons`s response, well thats just typical Ross, not at all feeling ashamed of the product he put forth in December, but rather
fixated on drowning out all the negative Comments.

AnmolJ

Associate Captain
Profile Flag
India
This is what you call a Cricket Tragic.
Doesnt have any other Cricket game to fall back onto, so keeps on coming back to the Game in the vain hope that things will get better.
Eventually gives up and leaves a Bad Review.

I can relate to that.

Regarding Ross Symons`s response, well thats just typical Ross, not at all feeling ashamed of the product he put forth in December, but rather
fixated on drowning out all the negative Comments.
Plus out of the 700 hours that he has played the game, he has mostly been creating players and teams for everyone to play.
Ross keeps forgetting that it's the creators who have made the game what it is today!

SloppyMane

Constructive User Title
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Plus out of the 700 hours that he has played the game, he has mostly been creating players and teams for everyone to play.
Ross keeps forgetting that it's the creators who have made the game what it is today!
First of all, calling a customer out on Twitter for expressing their views in Steam is ridiculous, but what really tilted me was his follow up comment to someone saying its AJ and I quote "Well if it is him then he NEEDS to get a grip on reality - which other sports game has the cross platform player/kit/stadium tools we give? Without them he would have no creations."

Wow, Seriously Ross? I think we can all agree to one thing Ross is pulling down the company's reputation among customers single handedly just with these Tweets :clap

AnmolJ

Associate Captain
Profile Flag
India
First of all, calling a customer out on Twitter for expressing their views in Steam is ridiculous, but what really tilted me was his follow up comment to someone saying its AJ and I quote "Well if it is him then he NEEDS to get a grip on reality - which other sports game has the cross platform player/kit/stadium tools we give? Without them he would have no creations."

Wow, Seriously Ross? I think we can all agree to one thing Ross is pulling down the company's reputation among customers single handedly just with these Tweets :clap
Other sports games don't have these tools because they already have licenses of the teams they want to have in the game.

They have had Rashid licensed for 2 games in a row and couldn't even get the likeness right.
Here I see @AJ MODS create this in 20 minutes on photoshop. Let's not talk about the likeness of NZ players.
unknown (24).png

hk613

School Cricketer
I wonder how the acquisition of Big Ant by Nacon has helped in cricket22 title ! just like cricket 19 this game is taking so long to fix, so much time for testing, so many bugs created, bugged basics of gameplay.
Nacon is a bigger company than BA, so it should have been a step forward in terms of resources provided But looks like important things required for a cricket game has not changed apart from new bowling actions and licensed NZ and Ireland( which is totally useless as playface likeness is ZERO, no official stadiums for these teams. Infact our creators would have created a better version of these two licensed teams and their stadiums).

Syed Bukhari87

Club Captain

Self harm is what narcissist do.

Gamer Pradosh

Survival Games Champion
India
CSK
Survival Games Champion
Profile Flag
India
I remember the initial release had a very good ball feel as the ball felt heavier, I saw everyone here appreciating it and still it disappeared.
Plus, I want nothing fancy at all, all I want is the game to feel something like what we watch on TV.
If I share pointers here like the AI chases way more often than usual. Spinners taking wickets on grassy pitches, etc. The list continues and it won't help if I keep posting it here as they have been mentioned before.

I only know @Gamer Pradosh who tests the game, I'll get in touch with him and share what I feel about the game and he can pass those things to you.
I wish I could express the things I want to out here as well since Beta is like Las Vegas, what happens in beta stays in beta..
We expect something out of a game which does have great potential but the issue comes in when majority have to accept something to get the thing added or tweaked in the game as Matt said but do people exactly know what they want from the game.. Like for example BA worked exceptionally well to sort out the sliding issue and that indeed made the batting experience simply amazing [except around the wicket leading edge issue which I am clinging onto for them to sort that out].. How many posts have you seen about sliding or importance of batsman holding the stance or batsman simply playing a bad shot and missing it? These things changed the game for the good..

Now coming to the things which needs to be done and sharing them here, does that have an effect or not is never known to anyone and it simply starts to feel you are just dumping your thoughts and things you would want the game to do well gameplay wise, pitch wise, weather wise, ball conditions wise, academy stuff wise , skill wise everything.. So it doesnt make you feel like coming back and sharing them again.. Because everyone has different agenda with the game, some want more stats, some better gameplay, some weather conditions etc.. So when there's no acknowledgement the thought to keep sharing and build the concepts they share and express in depth vanishes.. Is it BA's fault or is it the cricket gaming community fault thats a debate we can never come to a conclusion to..

I am and always will be a part of beta not because I get a game for free but for the people who spend their money [lots of them] in buying the game and to me they deserve a good game.. I am not sure whether thats going the way I want to or not ,but the effort is always to work for it.. Its the passion that drives us, its not like we are getting paid to test the game out, then we could simply say BA Rocks people suck and move on..

But only request from my end is , if the issue is something thats visually seen which needs to be sorted. Then spam the heck out with those videos and tag Matt or someone to look into it.. Have things that can make your cause be fulfilled and rectified through patching.. But also note to yourself that you might not receive a reply or acknowledgment about posting them but just keep it as a thing that you need to do and forget..

Also, about things Ross has been posting, I didnt want to comment about what he wants to express and the way he wants to express but one thing that can never change because it is the fact which is ,its the COMMUNITY which has made the series what it is and only that has given the life and longevity to this series.. So I would take this opportunity to thank those amazing people who took their time and made our lives easy to simply click download and let us enjoy the amazing teams with their realistic looking faces.. Not gonna tag anyone specifically for this but when you read this you know who you are..

I wish for the game to get to the place it can but only time will tell whether we reach that level.. Lets make things happen, lets share things in a constructive manner with videos wherever possible..

Rahul_Rants

County Cricketer
India
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Then you wonder why people pirate game. Look. I don’t support piracy but you pay ur hard earned money and get an uncooked game on top of that you are not even allowed to criticise the game. What a class act. I have bought every single cricket game from this company, but im never gonna pay a single penny on them again.

luckysoni

Club Captain
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
So are we getting another tweet for patch getting delayed to tomorrow, or next week or changed to monthly patching or end of support or any other excuse due to reason of testing of creating a base code for cricket 23 which will come after 1 or 2 yes or may be not?... No i m not getting impatient i m just asking for a patch which was about to come last week because the announcement was done at last moment not at the time of last patch release.....
you should be authentic and disciplined.. This is less than professional....
This is targeted towards the persons who arranges these management decisions...

karolkarol

International Cricketer
Profile Flag
Ireland (Cricket)
I've always really liked Ross's forthright Aussie approach to things, he could easily retreat from Twitter and let the BA account take over answering questions, pushing out patch notes etc but he doesn't, he fronts up and in my mind that is admirable.......but his take on #700hoursgate is so ridiculously far wide of the mark it could have been bowled by Steve Harmison.

wav

School Cricketer
Please give it a shot.

Posting it publicly means people can comment on whether something you experience is a more general issue, whether people agree that it's something, or if others do something that helps them minimise an issue - or simply that it's a difference in how you play vs how others play the game. It's hard to get that when taking feedback tickets in isolation, as it's just one perspective. Consensus is a lot easier to action than one person's opinion, as there's lots of people playing the game - and as I noted, lots of people don't comment when they are happy with something, but are very vocal when unhappy, but might take part in a discussion.

Multiple members of the BA staff (myself included, as you can see by this post) read this forum, and where needed, posts are passed on to the testing team, or where possible directly actioned.
So you mention fielding will be improved. How about the issue that has been around for a while of ridiculous scripting of AI batting with the usual late over boundary. Or the AI batting once getting confidence going aerial like crazy.

hk613

School Cricketer
Apparently right to Opinion is called as being a dick according to Mr. Ross.
why is their a option to write a review on steam then!

Attachments

• Screenshot (51).png
    Screenshot (51).png
    96.3 KB · Views: 94

Users who are viewing this thread