Cricket 22 General Discussion thread (Use bug report thread for issues/bugs/crashes | Patch notes in first post)

karolkarol

International Cricketer
Profile Flag
Ireland (Cricket)
Just some initial thoughts, only after 35 minutes of playing the new patch:

One thing I noticed straight away is that in career mode, bowling speeds are more realistic. Example: my batting allrounder, a fast-medium pacer would bowl from 148-156km/h consistently, this patch its more 135-142 (sometimes 144). Fielding seems solid, nothing sus going on (only played 35 minutes so not a large sample) but things looking solid.

AI played my bowling pretty well too, didn't see any mandatory must hit big shot per over, not as many random edges/ general tom-foolery ball 4-6. Had a blast to be honest, felt like the 24/2 patch - for me anyway. Haven't seen much diving in general, like point diving for the ball but like I said it's only a 35 minute session. (This was in career mode, can't speak for other modes. This was also using my own custom sliders in a four day FC match, can't speak for default sliders).

I've played around an hour of the new patch, batting in a tour match and they've definitely ironed out some of the AI stuff that the previous patch introduced. All in all the AI seem to be considerably tighter in the field, I've only seen one dive where the fielder missed the ball and that was a realistic one which looked great. I've not seen anything particularly out of place yet at all, looks promising!

Wealey

ICC Board Member
Wonderful new "view" of the runs taking place, we have gone from organic 3D view of them arcing their runs after hitting the ball and getting moving to the other end, to a 1996 2D side view where you don't see any proper movement of their runs. Ok, we can watch all back on replays............but to remove the 3D view and replace with the 2D side view "to increase frame rate", which I get, it will do, and not give us a chance to switch it back to as it was before in the settings, is a let down for me.

Looks so simplistic now.

Please cater for those with top spec machines by allowing the older view to be set still.

Arcing their runs? Haha!

Rahul_Rants

County Cricketer
India
Profile Flag
India
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
I want my TV realistic running back . This is ridiculous. The entire TV presentations that they are going for has gone for a toss. At least give us the option to change !

Rahul_Rants

County Cricketer
India
Profile Flag
India

Ken Tremendous

International Cricketer
I want my TV realistic running back . This is ridiculous. The entire TV presentations that they are going for has gone for a toss. At least give us the option to change !
Agreed - at least give us the option back for those of us with systems capable of running this game just fine even with the running cam.

Hester

County Cricketer
Wonderful new "view" of the runs taking place, we have gone from organic 3D view of them arcing their runs after hitting the ball and getting moving to the other end, to a 1996 2D side view where you don't see any proper movement of their runs. Ok, we can watch all back on replays............but to remove the 3D view and replace with the 2D side view "to increase frame rate", which I get, it will do, and not give us a chance to switch it back to as it was before in the settings, is a let down for me.

Looks so simplistic now.

Please cater for those with top spec machines by allowing the older view to be set still.
Wow. I'm actually gob smacked they've done that. Just incredible.

Hester

County Cricketer
Agreed - at least give us the option back for those of us with systems capable of running this game just fine even with the running cam.
It was fine on my xbox too. Was probably only an issue for people playing on Atari.
Bigant have lost the plot. Completely and utterly lost sight of what's important with respect to fixing the game.

Wealey

ICC Board Member
It was fine on my xbox too. Was probably only an issue for people playing on Atari.
Bigant have lost the plot. Completely and utterly lost sight of what's important with respect to fixing the game.

If they have identified as an issue that was causing FPS drops then it is important to them fixing the issue. It may work fine for you. It may work fine for others. Some may not be so lucky.

I have a PC that runs anything at highest levels and the other day I had random FPS drops after an update.

This however is a prime example of how you can’t please everyone. I spend all week testing AI looking at how gameplay can be improved. Thinking about AI approaches and declarations.

I personally give a shit about a box showing the running between the wickets. I actually turn it off.

Some are clearly very passionate about it which is fair enough as well.

Hester

County Cricketer
If they have identified as an issue that was causing FPS drops then it is important to them fixing the issue. It may work fine for you. It may work fine for others. Some may not be so lucky.

I have a PC that runs anything at highest levels and the other day I had random FPS drops after an update.

This however is a prime example of how you can’t please everyone. I spend all week testing AI looking at how gameplay can be improved. Thinking about AI approaches and declarations.

I personally give a shit about a box showing the running between the wickets. I actually turn it off.

Some are clearly very passionate about it which is fai
And I'm sure the hard work you've put in will benefit everyone. My point is that removing features from a game that shouldn't even be that resource intensive is taking the game backwards.
None of which matters to me anyway because the game crashes so hard on my Xbox that it switches it off. You'd think they should be making an announcement about it, come out and say they're working on it. Release a patch asap. But no, it's been left for over 2 weeks without a word being spoken about it. But at least those that can play have a couple more fps.

Wealey

ICC Board Member
And I'm sure the hard work you've put in will benefit everyone. My point is that removing features from a game that shouldn't even be that resource intensive is taking the game backwards.
None of which matters to me anyway because the game crashes so hard on my Xbox that it switches it off. You'd think they should be making an announcement about it, come out and say they're working on it. Release a patch asap. But no, it's been left for over 2 weeks without a word being spoken about it. But at least those that can play have a couple more fps.

Well yeah that’s more of a point.

But as I said if IF it is the reason for issues they can’t just ignore it because it will upset a few.

Infact I’ll highlight it now.

Ps: I wasn’t highlighting my work.. just a difference in what peoples priorities are. I saw the new running thing and didn’t even think about it

Rahul_Rants

County Cricketer
India
Profile Flag
India
Ahhhh I see I have run window off so that doesn’t bother me I can see why it bothers some though is that the same as cricket 19 ?
Yea. i mean while playing big matches I try ot make it as real as possible turning off markers , indicators and stuff. So having that runnin PIP was a big thing for me .. :( Yes, it's like C19

Users who are viewing this thread