Cricket 22 General Discussion thread (Use bug report thread for issues/bugs/crashes | Patch notes in first post)

smurfygray86

Associate Captain
Anyone else have trouble hiding score hub using d pad when bowling. Only seems to work when batting not sure if it’s meant to be like that.

Little Timmy

Little Timmy
Profile Flag
England
On PS4, first time playing since downloading latest patch. Had all kinds of issues getting game to start with Corrupted Data and Error Messages, no Press X on the first screen etc. Somehow got into my unfinished Test match… fingers crossed!

tarrantino

County Cricketer
Profile Flag
England
Well, after not having any crashes since the patch, my xbox series x just turned itself off while I was altering a test lineup.
This game needs to die in a fire.

Edit: I'd also like to add that I think a lot of the SA players should be ashamed of themselves for not wanting to play test cricket and represent their country. Causing me to make too many changes to the lineup!

Saw this after your initial reply. I was just at the pause menu and gone.

Little Timmy

Little Timmy
Profile Flag
England
This game certainly blows hot and cold but it just delivered big time!

I won a D/N Test against Sri Lanka by 17 runs!

We were 169-8 and 205-9 but got 336 (Woakes 87*/Parkinson 62). The sort of partnership that if it was the AI we’d be moaning about! This is with my own made players. Playing on diff between Hard/Hardest on grassy/dry wicket I think. Normal wear, poss day two cracks.

They collapsed from 295-1 to 407ao (Leach 5-75).

We recovered from 59-4 to 251ao (Stokes 85/Simpson 60).

They needed 181. Stuck with pacers for nearly 30 overs and made breakthroughs. Two guys got fifties but made regular breakthroughs. Spinners then pitched ball more than I have been lately and took wickets. They collapsed from 163-6 to 163-9. Went into final day and I went classic C19, tossing them up yorker length wide of off stump. Maiden after maiden before eventually they dragged one on.

Cynics might suggest some scripting given the extreme nature of the finish but seen as many suggest AI always achieve chases… I’ll take it!

Still plenty of nonsense, particularly in fourth innings, seems to be a trend. Failing to gather ball, WK and bowler standing miles from stumps, absurd diving but unlike my last Test with run out glitch fest (That I still won) this one was won with more satisfaction. A thriller… but what do I do with Duckett after three consecutive ducks?!

Oh, sunset was beautiful too!

Last edited:

Crassus

Club Captain
Profile Flag
England
Right I played a session of a test match last night with the latest patch. Some positives and some areas of concern. I was England against India

I was playing with some pretty extreme sliders and reskilled players. I've tried to make a slider set that I've named 'Seamer Paradise Days 1,2,3' where there is loads of swing (slider on 90), AI run rate at 18, striker timing at 35 and wicket chance at 70. We do see these types of wickets in real life, particularly if India are coming to town. I've basically taken all the spin sliders right down too to try and nerf the usually unstoppable spinners.

The idea being that its an absolute nightmare to bat on. After 40 overs I have India 72/5 which seems quite realistic, Archer has taken 4, 3 bowled and one caught by Vince at 3rd slip. Jimmy had Sharma caught behind to Bairstow (WK). I'd probably say that IRL on this green wicket with these conditions 90% of the wkts would be caught behind off the seamer but we can't have everything.

Another positive is that there have been plenty of play and misses, Jadeja wafted at 3 Stokes deliveries in a row and I really thought this was the AIs way of saying he was about to get out but no he just knocked the next ball for a single.

Thanks to the reskilling Pant is in now taking the attack back to us and when I've bowled poorly I've been put away but by and large India have left mostly and are going at less than 2 an over so perhaps I need to slightly adjust the run rate slider. I have obviously made the batting sliders so that it will be a nightmare for me to bat on too (AI bowling well up, OK and poor input being massively punished etc).

OK negatives now, the fielding (shock). Several times the ball was played fairly nonchalantly through mid on which looked easy as pie to field yet the fielder dived over the ball. I understand the need of having fielders making errors and misjudgements but this looked terrible, a few weeks ago they seemed to have the balance right on this so who knows what has happened.

Another small thing really is the insistence o of the fielder to throw it into the keeper at the speed of light even when no run is taken, and then sometomea a fielder diving across to take the catch on the keepers behalf. Again a small thing but looks terrible
Further to this, I eventually bowled out India for 153. Jadeja top scored with 65 until I got him with a leg cutter. Wickets were...

4 X bowled (pace)
1 X LBW (spin)
1 X caught leg slip (spin)
2 X caught slips (pace)
1 X caught keeper (pace)

I'm currently 50/4 and bumrah is virtually unplayable.

It's fitting the bill quite nicely as a low scoring seamers paradise

Hester

County Cricketer
Further to this, I eventually bowled out India for 153. Jadeja top scored with 65 until I got him with a leg cutter. Wickets were...

4 X bowled (pace)
1 X LBW (spin)
1 X caught leg slip (spin)
2 X caught slips (pace)
1 X caught keeper (pace)

I'm currently 50/4 and bumrah is virtually unplayable.

It's fitting the bill quite nicely as a low scoring seamers paradise
The fact that you've had to alter the sliders so drastically speaks volumes about this game. It's as if the actual pitches, cracks, climate etc mean absolute jack.

isrararrafi

Panel of Selectors
Profile Flag
United States
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
I know multiple people have provided video for this again but just incase I will tag again @MattW. Camera setting in the video at the end.

Unrelated but Also I have been noticing these black thin lines on the camera that shows up randomly in the default filter as if it's an old broadcast noise (I was trying different filters to see if it stops) . Anyone else getting that? It's distracting. Would be nice to know if there is a way to shut them off.

LG

Chevo

Associate Cricketer
Profile Flag
Australia
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
Did anyone get their points from Test the Best? Mine just moves on to the next set of challenges and no medals or points.

Attachments

• Cricket 22 Screenshot 2022.03.20 - 08.21.10.85.png
    Cricket 22 Screenshot 2022.03.20 - 08.21.10.85.png
    1.3 MB · Views: 14
  • Cricket 22 Screenshot 2022.03.20 - 09.33.29.21.png
    Cricket 22 Screenshot 2022.03.20 - 09.33.29.21.png
    1.3 MB · Views: 16

Users who are viewing this thread