Cricket 22 General Discussion thread (Use bug report thread for issues/bugs/crashes | Patch notes in first post)

Pravain

Club Captain
SRH...
Avengers
Profile Flag
India
Do you guys reskill the players downloaded from community ? If you indeed reskill , how do you choose the values?

Hester

County Cricketer
No, it's random, not everyone's console is turning off. My cousin Xbox

It's random and unique to you. My cousin Xbox series s console running the game fine. So it may be your Xbox console fault but not Big Ant's.
It's not a faulty console causing the issue. People suffering from the crashing/xbox turning off problem aren't experiencing it with other games. It's a problem with the game and Microsoft WILL refund.

My issue has been on xbox series x, not series s.

jabbathehut

County Cricketer
what is the trick to getting an edge to carry .I can have 3 or four edges in a row all that look like edges but when you look at the replay the ball bounces quite close to the batsman before going to slip(does this even obey the laws of physics sure edges drop short in real life but bounce early and then go to slips not so sure).Moving the slips in seems to eliminate the edge altogether. This was also there in c19 but seems more accentuated in this iteration.

Crassus

Club Captain
Profile Flag
England
Not really sure where else to put thus but I'm wondering if anyone else has had a similar experience to me or has any tips to combat it...

I'm in a test as England vs India. I've tried to create sliders that represent a real green seamers wicket, I.e. the type India get in NZ and are all out for 50 odd. My goal is to try and create a low scoring game which after the first innings ses to have worked with India posting 153 and I got 155 in reply.

We're now through day 3 and India are on 103/1 in their 2nd innings. It's supposed to be a nightmare to bat on! I've constantly been bowling in and out swingers at pave outside off stump and they just leave, leave ,leave then knock one through the covers.

I've reskilled the batsmen (Pujara and KL Rahul) and my sliders are very much in favour of the bowling side

Striker timing 25
Wicket chance 90
Run rate 18

Is there anything I'm doing wrong here?

Tfiwssirhc

#bemore
ENG....
Manchester Originals
TPCL Titans
Not really sure where else to put thus but I'm wondering if anyone else has had a similar experience to me or has any tips to combat it...

I'm in a test as England vs India. I've tried to create sliders that represent a real green seamers wicket, I.e. the type India get in NZ and are all out for 50 odd. My goal is to try and create a low scoring game which after the first innings ses to have worked with India posting 153 and I got 155 in reply.

We're now through day 3 and India are on 103/1 in their 2nd innings. It's supposed to be a nightmare to bat on! I've constantly been bowling in and out swingers at pave outside off stump and they just leave, leave ,leave then knock one through the covers.

I've reskilled the batsmen (Pujara and KL Rahul) and my sliders are very much in favour of the bowling side

Striker timing 25
Wicket chance 90
Run rate 18

Is there anything I'm doing wrong here?
Bring the spinners on,you'll get them all out for 160 :lol seriously though,this has happened to me,once you break this partnership they will probably collapse.

Irtileaf

Club Captain
Bring the spinners on,you'll get them all out for 160 :lol seriously though,this has happened to me,once you break this partnership they will probably collapse.
Shouldn't be like this mate. Spinners need to be tuned. Spinners can get wicket on any pitch any where.
And not just normal wicket. Stupid bat pad wickets. And like you can probably skittles them for below 100

Crassus

Club Captain
Profile Flag
England
Unbelievable. Brought Moeen on and he takes a wicket within 2 overs.

Now back to seamers and nothing. No chances, no play and misses. This is on a green top with 100 now for wicket chance and 10 for striker timing. Batsmen are still leaving everything an inch outside off stump, seeing everything like a football and scoring whenever they want. Unbelievably frustrating

Arctic_Wolf

Club Captain
Profile Flag
England
No, it's random, not everyone's console is turning off. My cousin Xbox

It's random and unique to you. My cousin Xbox series s console running the game fine. So it may be your Xbox console fault but not Big Ant's.

"Random & unique to him"? Seriously?

I'm assuming your cousin's Xbox of record is playing the same Cricket 22 that you're also playing on your device where - "the (note - virtual) ball weight is completely off, you want to feel that weight, but it just "feels" like the weight of a tennis ball to you"?

Ergo, if it's not really "running the game fine" on your device because you can't actually "feel" the weight of a cricket ball through your console & it's all wrong, is it truly running just fine on another console right there within your own family as claimed? (If so, then I'm utterly bewildered & confused lol ;).)

Conversely, does every C22 owner/user experience an issue with how you personally feel the ball weight or is that perhaps more random or unique?

How does one gauge the weight of a virtual item? How many pixels would it take to actually register as weight? (That's like the rhetorical "if a tree falls in a forest" question, don't answer that one ;)!!) What is it you're actually asking for with ball weight? Do you want your controller to madly vibrate or administer a significant electric shock for incoming deliveries above 90 MPH, for example? How does one convey a "heavy virtual ball vs a light virtual ball"? (You just don't make any of this clear. Any cricket fan can immediately understand what's meant by the term "heavy ball". But, how exactly should it be conveyed in C22 given that the controller already vibrates to signify issues with shot timing/feedback? Are you asking for an option to disable the shot timing feedback & instead vibrate for deliveries faster than 90 MPH?)

Is the weight of a virtual ball not a matter of user perception rather than tactile feel anyway? Perception of ball speed, animation timings, the actual sound recordings of "bat on ball" used by the devs conveyed through your individual TV speakers or audio system & how you subjectively hear them? (All assuming there's no A/V or control input lag locally with your hardware of course.)

Otherwise, your cousin has a Series S that apparently works fine so you're perfectly content to state as fact to the Series X owners out there experiencing the exact same issue as @Hester that it's their unique device? (In essence & by implication from such a statement, you're also telling them that they should either mess around factory resetting their device, try/buy a different controller/peripheral, try/buy another display device entirely, start purchasing & swapping out various cables, or even return their Xbox for a repair at their own cost too!! Either way, that takes some stones bud I'll give you that much, no scratch that, "weighty leather ones" ;). What's more, you don't think that's all been tried already by those so affected?

This title has been absolutely RIDDLED with issues since release & patches remain a highly controversial subject, but C22 seriously crashing someone else's device can be so easily dismissed as a random & unique one off?

PLEASE, read back through this thread & you'll soon note multiple owners specifically of the SERIES X complaining of the exact same issue where their game just suddenly hangs, then there's a brief green screen for approximately 1-2 seconds as C22 inevitably crashes the Series X so badly (AGAIN) that it shuts the device down entirely. No other titles or apps they have even crashes their Series Xs' ( except MSFS 2020 but that's another issue entirely & not even MSFS 2020 shuts the device down ;) ), otherwise, it's just C22 & C22 alone that crashes & actually crashes the Series X itself with it too.

(You'll also soon note that there have been ZERO owners of the Series S in this thread complaining of this specific issue too.)

Not sure if you're aware of this or not either.....? However, there are significant differences between the Series S & the Series X, not by any means limited to the fact that the Series S doesn't even natively support 4K as a start & how the Series X implements 4K.

......and ;)....

????

Jerm

International Coach
SA.....
Profile Flag
South Africa
Unbelievable. Brought Moeen on and he takes a wicket within 2 overs.

Now back to seamers and nothing. No chances, no play and misses. This is on a green top with 100 now for wicket chance and 10 for striker timing. Batsmen are still leaving everything an inch outside off stump, seeing everything like a football and scoring whenever they want. Unbelievably frustrating
https://www.planetcricket.org/forum...d-the-world-in-80-pitch-sliders-again.118092/ <--- have you tried these?

Rumple43

Survival Games Finalist
Survival Games Finalist
Profile Flag
England
Aye I am. Wouldn't mind knowing which one breaks this though :crylaugh:
Aye, drift is the culprit here I believe.

And yeah, I like it when I've come across it (though not quite to that extent) as I'm in pro cam so do have to do a lot just by watching the ball, especially full deliveries that pitch off the field of vision.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread