Cricket 22 General Discussion thread (Use bug report thread for issues/bugs/crashes | Patch notes in first post)

Rumple43

Survival Games Finalist
Survival Games Finalist
Profile Flag
England
Unbelievable. Brought Moeen on and he takes a wicket within 2 overs.

Now back to seamers and nothing. No chances, no play and misses. This is on a green top with 100 now for wicket chance and 10 for striker timing. Batsmen are still leaving everything an inch outside off stump, seeing everything like a football and scoring whenever they want. Unbelievably frustrating
Hmmm, odd one. I'll have a highlight video from a 10 over stretch today some time that is pretty much the exact opposite of what you're reporting here.

Not sure on what is causing the difference, but I'll happily share what I've done to see if it helps. I'll tag you in it.

Syed Bukhari87

Club Captain
Would be great if VS incoming movement (inswingers , off cutters ,Offspin) and VS outgoing movement (Outswingers, Leg Cutters ,leg spin) gets incorporated in player profeciencies tab

Crassus

Club Captain
Profile Flag
England
Hmmm, odd one. I'll have a highlight video from a 10 over stretch today some time that is pretty much the exact opposite of what you're reporting here.

Not sure on what is causing the difference, but I'll happily share what I've done to see if it helps. I'll tag you in it.
In the end India collapsed as @Twitter predicted. Went from 130/1 to 204 all out. Decent variety of wickets with some lbws, 1 bowled, some caught behind and 2 caught 'in the ring' (one at point with an uncharacteristically rash shot off Woakes from Pujara who was 91 off 240 balls, the other was Chahar knocking Moeen up to short mid off.)

Still getting the ridiculously good judgement outside off but I suppose that's just the game and we'll probably have to accept that.

We now need 206 to win. At 60/4 at the moment with Bumrah once again unplayable. So I suppose I've managed to successfully create a low scoring test match with wickets spread around.its taken some pretty extreme sliders though and to be honest I am sceptical of just how much difference some of the sliders make.

Syed Bukhari87

Club Captain
I am also using bowling oriented sliders and playing T20 , never saw AI side scoring 100 till yet , always gets bowled in 15 to 17 overs , sliders seems to be working for me in t20s , haven't tried any other format.

One thing I have noticed that if your pace bowlers have high swing or spin attributes , AI seems to struggle alot compare to the straight deliveries or with little movement off the deck (both spin and pace) and nevertheless that's how it should be.

Wealey

ICC Board Member
@Crassus this isn’t ideal but one think I have noticed and what I implement is the bowling jump and release. I don’t use a HUD.

But if I’m creating a flat deck which is tough for a bowler I make the release and jump out alot harder to hit ideal.

And then the opposite the other way round obviously. Means on a tough pitch I got to real time my release to hit that ideal wicket taking ball rather than on a grassy deck where can do it at will.

If people are finding spinners too easy to use I have a solution for that. Lyon 35-7-87-1 will testify.

Rumple43

Survival Games Finalist
Survival Games Finalist
Profile Flag
England
@Crassus this isn’t ideal but one think I have noticed and what I implement is the bowling jump and release. I don’t use a HUD.

But if I’m creating a flat deck which is tough for a bowler I make the release and jump out alot harder to hit ideal.

And then the opposite the other way round obviously. Means on a tough pitch I got to real time my release to hit that ideal wicket taking ball rather than on a grassy deck where can do it at will.

If people are finding spinners too easy to use I have a solution for that. Lyon 35-7-87-1 will testify.
Please share your Lyon secret, spinners are right up there as 1A and 1B for me with leg side bowling to lefties. The list of desirable fixes is getting shorter and shorter though!

As for the highlights @Crassus, as promised now I'm out of bed:

This, to me, is spot on test match cricket. NZ finished the 10 overs 26/2.

There's defensive shots, there's some leaves that make sense, conservative batting in poor batting conditions by the AI. People talking about the ball not feeling heavy enough, that first defensive should be enough to show that you don't have to use settings that make it feel like a tennis ball.

There's chances, though they fall short on a fairly tame deck, that was my fault for taking so long to alter the field.

There's play and misses that look good. The inside edge onto pad that nearly finds the stumps.

There's the AI punishing bad balls, like the weak release that gets dispatched, there's a half volley on leg stump that gets worked away, then a nice drive through the covers as well.

And there's two wickets. One is a crazy dive in the gully, but it's still 2 wickets caught behind point, which is what you want from the start of a new test match.

In terms of set up, this is just the home modifier sliders from V3, with a seam friendly modifier on as well. Run rate is 48 (V3 still has the old low 20s run rates) No reskilled players, for my bowlers or the AI batters. I'm on a base PS4 playing in the UK, so EU build, latest patch as of last Wednesday. Oh, playing at Lord's, which is just the on disc version, if it matters.

If I could bottle this test game play for the lifespan of Cricket 22, I think I'd be ok with it. Oh, and if this video needs moving, that's fine. I didn't think it was a "clip", since it's 3 minutes long, but if it belongs somewhere else that's no problem.

Thedon99.94

School Cricketer
Question: When your player has red confidence when batting how does this impact them? For example if their confidence goes to green will they be less likely to edge the ball & more likely to hit boundaries?

SD7

School Cricketer
Hi everyone.

I'm new here. Using cricket 22 on ps5, up to date patch.

Wanted to ask a curious question about cricket 22.

Does the following happen to others?:

I am bowling and I bowl a LBW, umpire then says no. I appeal and get a review decision. The replay review clearly shows that the ball would be hitting stumps, in line, impact all good, pitched ok etc. But the end decision is still not out.

Is this normal? Does it happen to others? Is this meant to be a bug as after replay it should change the umpire decision?

Wealey

ICC Board Member
Please share your Lyon secret, spinners are right up there as 1A and 1B for me with leg side bowling to lefties. The list of desirable fixes is getting shorter and shorter though!

As for the highlights @Crassus, as promised now I'm out of bed:

This, to me, is spot on test match cricket. NZ finished the 10 overs 26/2.

There's defensive shots, there's some leaves that make sense, conservative batting in poor batting conditions by the AI. People talking about the ball not feeling heavy enough, that first defensive should be enough to show that you don't have to use settings that make it feel like a tennis ball.

There's chances, though they fall short on a fairly tame deck, that was my fault for taking so long to alter the field.

There's play and misses that look good. The inside edge onto pad that nearly finds the stumps.

There's the AI punishing bad balls, like the weak release that gets dispatched, there's a half volley on leg stump that gets worked away, then a nice drive through the covers as well.

And there's two wickets. One is a crazy dive in the gully, but it's still 2 wickets caught behind point, which is what you want from the start of a new test match.

In terms of set up, this is just the home modifier sliders from V3, with a seam friendly modifier on as well. Run rate is 48 (V3 still has the old low 20s run rates) No reskilled players, for my bowlers or the AI batters. I'm on a base PS4 playing in the UK, so EU build, latest patch as of last Wednesday. Oh, playing at Lord's, which is just the on disc version, if it matters.

If I could bottle this test game play for the lifespan of Cricket 22, I think I'd be ok with it. Oh, and if this video needs moving, that's fine. I didn't think it was a "clip", since it's 3 minutes long, but if it belongs somewhere else that's no problem.

What’s the two cameras mate??

midhun333

County Cricketer
CSK
Profile Flag
India
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4

Could you share the solution for overpowered spinners. At the moment they are taking wickets at will.

Cricket_god

Club Captain

Diff is classic and arcade controls.
Post automatically merged:

Could you share the solution for overpowered spinners. At the moment they are taking wickets at will.
There is no solution in sliders.Its has to fixed by developers and it was same in cricket 19.The edges in the game are so much worse than cricket 19.When on a green pitch you would get edges to first and second slip not gully.@mattw

Slug1793

Associate Cricketer
Profile Flag
England
Is it me, or are these deliveries pitching nowhere near the ball marker?

Ahh yes, you’ve got the ‘Friday night was a heavy one’ mode on. This is as real as it gets, I’ve spent many a Saturday hungover, playing the complete wrong line. Nice to see they’ve added it in game

Wealey

ICC Board Member
Diff is classic and arcade controls.
Post automatically merged:

There is no solution in sliders.Its has to fixed by developers and it was same in cricket 19.The edges in the game are so much worse than cricket 19.When on a green pitch you would get edges to first and second slip not gully.@mattw

Wrong.. you can definitely make the spinners weaker. I just bowled 40 overs with them and they took 2 wickets combined on a dusty pitch while Pakistan scored 420

Users who are viewing this thread