Cricket 22 General Discussion thread (Use bug report thread for issues/bugs/crashes | Patch notes in first post)

Crassus

Club Captain
Profile Flag
England
The 'spin issue' is simply that in all conditions and all modes the spinners are taking a much higher proportion of wickets than they should.

It's only when you basically nerf spin through sliders that it calms down but the default is that AI batsmen can't play spin. It could be a green top in April at Headingley and I could run through a side with a spinner yet in supposedly favourable conditions for the seamers I could be toiling all day outside off stump and never get a nick.

So yeah, basically we're just asking for a bit more realism.

Hester

County Cricketer
The 'spin issue' is simply that in all conditions and all modes the spinners are taking a much higher proportion of wickets than they should.

It's only when you basically nerf spin through sliders that it calms down but the default is that AI batsmen can't play spin. It could be a green top in April at Headingley and I could run through a side with a spinner yet in supposedly favourable conditions for the seamers I could be toiling all day outside off stump and never get a nick.

It was the same in C19 and Ashes Cricket. It's an underlying issue with their physics engine I think.

noys390

County Cricketer
Can somebody please tell whether it is possible to change the bowling action of an licensed player ? like if I want to change Zampa's bowling action to that of Warne's (newly added action).

GuyIncognito

Chairman of Selectors
AUS..
RCB...
MS
Melbourne Stars
Birmingham Phoenix
The Boys
Profile Flag
Australia
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Can somebody please tell whether it is possible to change the bowling action of an licensed player ? like if I want to change Zampa's bowling action to that of Warne's (newly added action).
Not possible.

Cricket_god

Associate Cricketer
Please say more words than "the spin issue" or "the edge issue".

There's so much stuff that those could cover, the more specific the feedback the more possible it is to make improvements.
In cricket 22 Majority of edges are to gully and third slip even on green pitches in England .Where as in real life first and second slip get Majority of edges.Batting on green tracks should be hard for AI

Spinners are dominant regardless of condition.ie green pitches.Boot Pad Catches have tbe fixed and radius of closein catchers and wk have to be reduced to prevent impossible batpad and bootpad catches.
This is playing on hard difficulty pro control'

Nithin Antony

County Cricketer
TPCL Titans

PLayed the career mode after a long. Started as a spin bowling all rounder. After 6 matches I've 20 wickets to my name at an average of 5.

The wicket chance in first class matches is 10 yet, my career player is getting heaps of wickets. Definitely not realistic. And all wickets are either edged to keeper or defended to boot.

cricboi

Club Captain
Anyone notice an enhancement in fielding or AI bowling lines since the last patch? I played a T20 this morning and I could guarantee at least one piece of funny business per over. In most cases it's just an outfielder running into a ball rather than picking it up or an overthrow, but other times its the catching minigame not popping up or an outfielder refusing to dive. Feel like this has taken a step back since a few weeks ago but wondering what others are experiencing.

Sparks

Club Captain
Profile Flag
England
Anyone notice an enhancement in fielding or AI bowling lines since the last patch? I played a T20 this morning and I could guarantee at least one piece of funny business per over. In most cases it's just an outfielder running into a ball rather than picking it up or an overthrow, but other times its the catching minigame not popping up or an outfielder refusing to dive. Feel like this has taken a step back since a few weeks ago but wondering what others are experiencing.
On the catching mini game mine never worked until I realised I had to press either R1 or R2 to activate then hold the relevant one to throw the ball too. Still the odd AI random piece of play but in general it's all okay. I only play career recently so that's only on that mode

Plotinus

Associate Captain
So in career mode as a legspinning allrounder, I have taken 45 wickets so far in 3 games for England vs India in England...one match I got 19 wickets. A fair percentage of these are the bounce off the boot caught at short square leg. That said, I do think that BA have done a good job in terms of what they have produced. The ball into boot frequency aside, there are good catches at slip, leg slip, silly point and keeper...and the fact that the mechanics are there for bat-pad catches is really good too. I would like more stumpings (I've yet to see one)..and more catches in the deep. However, I don't subscribe to the view that spin should be nerfed...you could end up just bowling slowly, which would be very dull. I would actually like to see better drift and more turn (in the right conditions). What I think is needed is for the AI to be more effective at facing spin...which would require more thought and variation when bowling spin...and make it more interesting.

midhun333

County Cricketer
CSK
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Field settings by the AI in limited overs are a bit unrealistic for pace bowlers. Mid off and mid on are inside the circle for most part of the innings which is what we don't see that often in real life especially in T20s. During the death overs the field settings are really good. It would be great if at least one of the fielders can go back to the boundary and third man or fine leg comes back into the circle. It will make batting a lot more engaging too. @MattW Could you please look into it if it isn't too much to ask for?

Syed Bukhari87

Club Captain
I dunno, you should read some of the stuff in the steam discussions for C22.
To be honest what I meant to say that a narcissist is a self obsessed person whose thinking is limited to himself , cricket is a team game not an individual game like Tennis and the career mode in cricket 22 is more like career mode in AO Tennis 2 (which is fine for AO Tennis because Tennis is individual focus game) which is definitely against the concept of Team game.

GuyIncognito

Chairman of Selectors
AUS..
RCB...
MS
Melbourne Stars
Birmingham Phoenix
The Boys
Profile Flag
Australia
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
To be honest what I meant to say that a narcissist is a self obsessed person whose thinking is limited to himself , cricket is a team game not an individual game like Tennis and the career mode in cricket 22 is more like career mode in AO Tennis 2 (which is fine for AO Tennis because Tennis is individual focus game) which is definitely against the concept of Team game.
We all know what a narcissist is, what we don't know is what you're stream of consciousness is at the moment. Rather than attacking someone and speaking nonsense, you could have just said a team career mode like a manager or coaching mode would be nice. There is a soft version of that where you can select play as a team or control just the career mode player.

My point is not everything has to be so aggressive and belligerent, we've had enough of that the last week or so.

noys390

County Cricketer
Field settings by the AI in limited overs are a bit unrealistic for pace bowlers. Mid off and mid on are inside the circle for most part of the innings which is what we don't see that often in real life especially in T20s. During the death overs the field settings are really good. It would be great if at least one of the fielders can go back to the boundary and third man or fine leg comes back into the circle. It will make batting a lot more engaging too. @MattW Could you please look into it if it isn't too much to ask for?
I agree with you mostly. Firstly AI sets fields as per the bowling line which I feel is mostly ok. I will put your issue in a different way that AI refuses to change the field even when being struck in the same areas repeatedly. In death overs AI sets good realistic fields but there is issues with bowling lines, many times I have seen the AI bowlers bowling an offside line with all fielders on boundary on the legside.

wav

School Cricketer
Wrong.. you can definitely make the spinners weaker. I just bowled 40 overs with them and they took 2 wickets combined on a dusty pitch while Pakistan scored 420
This may be a pain but I'd love if you could share all your settings on how you play. As you seem to have by the sounds of things, it pretty well at its best. I have been curious so thought I'd ask. From the controls to the cameras etc. I'm aware of the sliders etc but not everything else. Standard or pro controls, huds, difficulties etc. If you could share the screenshots, I'd really appreciate it. Keen to get the best from the game and know you've been a long time player and seem to be getting it playing pretty decent.

Users who are viewing this thread