Mouseydread's Classic Cricket Teams

Mouseydread

Associate Captain
Uploaded 1992 World Cup Squads

Prompted by an all time classic creator (To be named later for good reason) on these boards and @Rowdoss for uniforms, and inspired by the efforts of those who have done this before, I have finally completed the 1992 World Cup squads.

I have used my creations at peak rather than career stage, so you can adjust for the old veterans and youngsters as you wish taking them down or up a notch or skill them based on tournament averages. I kept them at peak as the creations are used in my all decade squads.

The Squads are accurate to my knowledge and I have done my best as always to get tendencies and skills, perks as best as I have researched or remember or as a player deserves.

They stars are here, and I will continue to update their faces (The Windies are the hardest to do btw) as I see fit and post them here, so if you have my players before you may want to download/replace them with the latest versions which are here.

I know others are working on similar projects so hopefully there will be some alternative creations to swap in and out!

As a result of this project I can now finish my 1990s All Decade Squads and update the 1990s All World Team.

So here is to that wonderful cast of the great colourful tournament which as I see it was so innovative with pinch hitters, spinners opening the bowling,and a cast that included, the following;

Take a bow,

Andy Flower, Brian Lara, Richie Richardson, Curtly Ambrose, Desmond Haynes, Carl Hooper, Aravinda de Silva, Arjuna Ranatunga, Jonty Rhodes, Alan Donald, Brian McMillan, Kepler Wessels, Imran Khan, Javed Miandad, Wasim Akram, Rameez Raja, Inzy, Mustaq Ahmed, Mark Greatbatch, Martin Crowe, Sachin Tendulkar, Mohammad Azhruddin, Goochie, Beefy, Chris Lewis, Dermot Reeve, Judgie Smith and "Two Sugars" Tufnell.

Enjoy!!

PS I will keep working on the faces and update them as I do them as I began months ago and have kind of got to grips with the editor now and a new technique for creation which means better results on the artwork (hopefully).

Last edited:

Mouseydread

Associate Captain
Uploaded England 1990s

This was after an era when the England team played hard but partied harder! That 80s team was followed by the 90s team which were full of lovable unforgettable characters, many of whom are still loveable as pundits on the TV or radio today. Come to think of it they were once coached by the immortal David "Bumble"Lloyd

With the Gooch, Gatting, Gower, Botham, Lamb era coming to an end, a group of young crickets emerged to form the back bone of the England squad for the rest of the decade. It started really with the appointment of the ageing but fitness freak Gooch as captain and Mickey Stewart as manager coach who wanted players for fitness over flair.

Though players like Robin "Judgie" Smith, Phil DeFreitas just about survived the transition from the 80s, the likes of Mike Atherton, Alex Stewart, Graham Thorpe, Phil "Two Sugars" Tufnell, Jack Russell, Nasser Hussein, Angus Fraser, Mark Ramprakash joined up with players who qualified to play for England like Chris Lewis, Graham Hick, Devon Malcolm and the aforementioned Robin Smith to make England competitive.

There are many players I could add to this list, such was the level of experimentation during the era. (in cricket 19 I made a second 90s squad!).

Later in the decade Darren Gough, Andy Caddick, Dean Headley, Nick Knight, John Crawley, Robert Croft, Mark Butcher and Dominic Cork to name a few more I created would join the ranks.

The biggest issue I felt with this talented group was the often boneheaded selection policy mostly by Ray Illingworth, which destroyed careers rather than nurtured and what really happened was a talented charismatic group more or less were wasted.

Especially as they played the West Indies many times in the decade which had an impact on performances and statistics, by the end of the decade a few remained to finally be the equals of their Wes Indian tormentors, but they still could not beat the Aussies.

Thanks to @friedle for the logo and @Rowdoss for the ODI kit.

Enjoy!
PS If you had downloaded some of my players before, there have been some facial updates, also check for perks, for some reason they tend to disappear for some players, though the proficiencies seem to remain.

Last edited:

Mouseydread

Associate Captain
Updated Glenn McGrath and Angus Fraser bowling action. Updated Brian Lara face and hairstyle and playing skills, and uploaded Devon Smith, Dwyane Smith and Darren Sammy to West Indies 2000s. Updated West Indies 2000 batting pads and it has the updated Lara, Sammy and the Smiths.

smurfygray86

Associate Captain
Uploaded England 1990s

This was after an era when the England team played hard but partied harder! That 80s team was followed by the 90s team which were full of lovable unforgettable characters, many of whom are still loveable as pundits on the TV or radio today. Come to think of it they were once coached by the immortal David "Bumble"Lloyd

With the Gooch, Gatting, Gower, Botham, Lamb era coming to an end, a group of young crickets emerged to form the back bone of the England squad for the rest of the decade. It started really with the appointment of the ageing but fitness freak Gooch as captain and Mickey Stewart as manager coach who wanted players for fitness over flair.

Though players like Robin "Judgie" Smith, Phil DeFreitas just about survived the transition from the 80s, the likes of Mike Atherton, Alex Stewart, Graham Thorpe, Phil "Two Sugars" Tufnell, Jack Russell, Nasser Hussein, Angus Fraser, Mark Ramprakash joined up with players who qualified to play for England like Chris Lewis, Graham Hick, Devon Malcolm and the aforementioned Robin Smith to make England competitive.

There are many players I could add to this list, such was the level of experimentation during the era. (in cricket 19 I made a second 90s squad!).

Later in the decade Darren Gough, Andy Caddick, Dean Headley, Nick Knight, John Crawley, Robert Croft, Mark Butcher and Dominic Cork to name a few more I created would join the ranks.

The biggest issue I felt with this talented group was the often boneheaded selection policy mostly by Ray Illingworth, which destroyed careers rather than nurtured and what really happened was a talented charismatic group more or less were wasted.

Especially as they played the West Indies many times in the decade which had an impact on performances and statistics, by the end of the decade a few remained to finally be the equals of their Wes Indian tormentors, but they still could not beat the Aussies.

Thanks to @friedle for the logo and @Rowdoss for the ODI kit.

Enjoy!
PS If you had downloaded some of my players before, there have been some facial updates, also check for perks, for some reason they tend to disappear for some players, though the proficiencies seem to remain.
Hi mate if I’ve already downloaded your teams do I just re download the full team for the updates to take affect or is there another way ? Love your work much appreciated

smurfygray86

Associate Captain
Just about to search for the 2005 aus and England teams was wandering if you had done them or if anyone has who’s best for search. Thank you

Mouseydread

Associate Captain
Just about to search for the 2005 aus and England teams was wandering if you had done them or if anyone has who’s best for search. Thank you
I have done I think, all the players that appeared in the 2005 series for Australia, you would have to download Australia 2000s I am pretty sure the players are there, (unless I am confusing myself with what I did for Cric19!), As foe England 2000s I am working on the players individually over the next couple of days, so lll post them here as I upload them.

Hope this helps. :)

smurfygray86

Associate Captain
I have done I think, all the players that appeared in the 2005 series for Australia, you would have to download Australia 2000s I am pretty sure the players are there, (unless I am confusing myself with what I did for Cric19!), As foe England 2000s I am working on the players individually over the next couple of days, so lll post them here as I upload them.

Yes that helps a lot I’ve found your Aus 2000’s and they are all on there I’ll keep my eye out for the England one on here before downloading anything. Thanks again amazing what you have done

Wealey

ICC Board Member

Mate are the plans to have all teams around that late 90’s early 2000’s at some point? No worries if not.. but I got an itch for those nostalgia days haha!

Mouseydread

Associate Captain
Mate are the plans to have all teams around that late 90’s early 2000’s at some point? No worries if not.. but I got an itch for those nostalgia days haha!
Yes defo

Ive already done most of the players from the 90s with fully done West Indies and Australis 2000s, also up are all the players from 1992 World Cup.

Next up are India 90s what a talented team they had - Ive nearly finished, probably have the teams up by Friday in fact I shall push to get them all up as Il be off over Easter.

Wealey

ICC Board Member
Yes defo

Ive already done most of the players from the 90s with fully done West Indies and Australis 2000s, also up are all the players from 1992 World Cup.

Next up are India 90s what a talented team they had - Ive nearly finished, probably have the teams up by Friday in fact I shall push to get them all up as Il be off over Easter.

Legend..

Users who are viewing this thread