Australia tour of Pakistan - March/April 2022

Rehan_24

Panel of Selectors
Oh, please, he made runs against New Zealand and South Africa. First bad series he’s had since his comeback.

I think there are more quality batters out there in the middle to be tried out. Saud Shakeel is one of them. I am not sure where is Haris Sohail though.

B

Bigby Wolf

India are no longer producing mind boggling spin bowlers either. We produce tracks which basically turn and bite which assists them but the reason we are a force in test cricket is because of our fast bowling. I know now people are going to come after me about Ashwin & Jadeja but the reason those two are a force is because of the package they bring. Yes, Pakistan don't have a world class spinner and definitely not one in India's league but Pakistan has never been a spin bowling heaven. It's a reverse swing paradise and for that they had the bowlers to tear into Australia but they don't have the airspeed that the Aussies have. They needed to make dry, crumbling tracks that gives their bowlers a chance and sure with that Aussie attack you can still lose. But, it's about giving your cricketers an opportunity to win and that was non existent.

Really want to see Raja Ji come and give his 2 cents now. Let's see what he says.
You don't a square Turner to get a team outside of subcontinent out.

Yes Australia have some good players in Smith, Marnus but others are still susceptible to good quality spinners. Ashwin in the last Australia tour was a perfect example of it. On those drop in pitches he did just enough to get their best batter out twice in a row and few others too.

A spinner like Yasir Shah on those UAE pitches was very good surely him or atleast someone definitely better than the current crop of Pakistani spinner would have done the trick.

Sajid Khan and the other spinner was just not penetrative enough to rattle the Aussies heck. even Babar with the Ball looked more threatening the two main spinners.

CerealKiller

Staff Member
Fantasy Cricket Team
PAK...
Kings XI
Islamabad
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Avengers
Profile Flag
Pakistan
I think there are more quality batters out there in the middle to be tried out. Saud Shakeel is one of them. I am not sure where is Haris Sohail though.
They might have an orthodox technique, but you can’t yet say they’re better than Fawad. He should not be dropped based on one series.

icyman

ICC Chairman
India
The Boys
Profile Flag
India
In the aftermath of the series, dont think there was anything wrong with the Pakistani side. They dominated a few sessions through, but weren't able to force the batting resukt they wanted.

I feel lot of people expected Pakistan to take the series on the last day, after what transpired in Karachi. There was an unreal expectation that was built up post the high of Karachi. People need to recognize that these are once-in-a-lifetime achievements and expecting things to happen everytime is a bit preposterous.

The pitches-not preparing sporting ones did backfire ultimately. The pitches had nothing to offer and under such circumstances you lose the home advantage. Both teams had equal opportunities to win and in the end the Aussies struck gold. Maybe in future, they can do better on this front. Once they have a set template on the pitches, building a side for home conditions becomes easier.

Rehan_24

Panel of Selectors
They might have an orthodox technique, but you can’t yet say they’re better than Fawad. He should not be dropped based on one series.

Talking about specifics, Saud Shakeel, Haris Sohail should be tried out as well as Usman Salahudin. They are also pure domestic products. I am not sure on fitness status of Haris Sohail though.

Going North

Club Cricketer
He is, but not technically sound than the other two players. I always say not everytime Stats matter, rather potential does and for that you need a talent eye.
What a innings by Travis!

Well Dose not matter what Australia piles up 'cause pakistan might Likely to reaches target vs Weaker Aus spin Attack.

Oh my God
Ashton Agar Covid Positive.

Slow going Despite
Labu & Stoinis around

Going North

Club Cricketer
Talking about specifics, Saud Shakeel, Haris Sohail should be tried out as well as Usman Salahudin. They are also pure domestic products. I am not sure on fitness status of Haris Sohail though.
Good Comments but do not worry Westindies coming next for 3 ODI in pakistan after 68 days or so.

Going North

Club Cricketer
Rizwan not comfortable as MDL order he might better to open with Zaman or Imam

96 ball 100 not Slow for imam

Umair7

El Presidente
AUS..
Ireland
Kings XI
KK
Hobart Hurricanes
Survival Games Finalist
Champions League Winner
Avengers
Oval Invincibles
Profile Flag
Australia
I'm not gay but I want to live in a log cabin in the woods with Babar Azam. We won't ever have sex, but there will be a simmering erotic undercurrent as I stand in the kitchen window watching him tighten his ass as he chops wood, shirtless, sweat pouring off his body. I'll run upstairs and m********e, the entire time forcing myself to think of someone else while my thoughts drift back to Babar Azam. I won't be able to climax and I'll eventually go back downstairs, angry. Sometimes we will look across the table and catch each other's eyes, and in that second, anything is possible, but we both deny ourselves and go back to what we were doing. One day one of us will die, and the other will bury him outside the log cabin. Then they'll go inside, pen a brief missive to their departed friend, and commit suicide, never able to deal with life without their one true platonic love.

Users who are viewing this thread