English Domestic Cricket

Who is your county team?

• Total voters

Neptune

Panel of Selectors
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Avengers
Is Harry Brook any good? Got picked up by Lahore in the PSL.
Young player from Yorkshire. Had been around for a bit but has dominated domestic cricket over the last year. Averaged 80 with an strike rate of 150 in the latest T20 Blast, and then top scored for his The Hundred side. Got a BBL contract too, so not surprising to see him get picked up in the PSL

Aislabie

Test Cricket is Best Cricket
Ireland
It's new season time!

Northants are my team, and they're going to be trying to survive in Division One. They may also be trying to do so without 2021 captain Adam Rossington who has become "unavailable for selection" without any further details from the club. That's never usually a good sign so I'm going to be leaving him out of my main XI.

Batters
1. :nzf: Will Young (:os:)
2. :saf: Ricardo Vasconcelos (:local:)
3. :eng: Luke Procter*
4. :eng: Charlie Thurston
5. :eng: Josh Cobb
R. :eng: Ben Curran, :eng: Emilio Gay

This is a squad that's very short of batting, especially with the Adam Rossington shaped hole that's been left at number five. To make things work I've had to make compromises: Will Young bats somewhat out of position as an opener, leaving room at three for converted all-rounder Luke Procter. He's had more success in the top three than either Curran or Gay, who I desperately hope hsve improved over the winter. Neither Rossington (poppadom fingers) nor Vasconcelos (more comfortable as a slipper) seemed like a first choice keeping option to me.

All-Rounders
6. :eng: Rob Keogh
7. :ita: Gareth Berg
R. :eng: James Sales, :eng: Saif Zaib

Honestly either Zaib or Keogh could find themselves in the top three if one or two things change. Berg is a hugely important player for this team - the Northants Darren Stevens

Keeper
8. :eng: Lewis McManus
R. :eng: Harry Gouldstone

Honestly a pair of really good glovemen. Northants have the all-rounders to push either of them down to number eight, but the batters that might mean they're needed to bat three. It's an odd one.

Bowlers
9. :aus: Matt Kelly (:os:)
10. :eng: Simon Kerrigan
11. :eng: Ben Sanderson
R. :eng: Nathan Buck, :ned: Brandon Glover, :eng: Tom Taylor

This is the engine room of the side: along with Gareth Berg, Ben Sanderson is an absolutely elite county bowler. Matt Kelly has the right skills to do the same thing at higher pace which is interesting, and Simon Kerrigan is absolutely back to his best. Brandon Glover is a fascinating what-if; shame that it is "what if his ankles weren't made of cottage cheese?"

I could see this side sneaking safety thanks to Sanderson taking 60 wickets @ 16, but ultimately this'll be 9th and relegated from Div 1.

What about all your counties?

ddrap14

Shitposter in Chief
AUS..
Brisbane Heat
Profile Flag
Australia
who has become "unavailable for selection" without any further details from the club
I'm hearing that he may have had a tiff with the coach (source: Thecricketer).

Don't have a county per se - any recommendations? My family history is Plymouth, Scotland, and a county I won't name for obvious reasons, and I'm aware of good reasons as to not go for any of them
Also, the noted Italian name Gareth Berg

wasteyouryouth

Verified
Admin
It's new season time!

Northants are my team, and they're going to be trying to survive in Division One. They may also be trying to do so without 2021 captain Adam Rossington who has become "unavailable for selection" without any further details from the club. That's never usually a good sign so I'm going to be leaving him out of my main XI.

Batters
1. :nzf: Will Young (:os:)
2. :saf: Ricardo Vasconcelos (:local:)
3. :eng: Luke Procter*
4. :eng: Charlie Thurston
5. :eng: Josh Cobb
R. :eng: Ben Curran, :eng: Emilio Gay

This is a squad that's very short of batting, especially with the Adam Rossington shaped hole that's been left at number five. To make things work I've had to make compromises: Will Young bats somewhat out of position as an opener, leaving room at three for converted all-rounder Luke Procter. He's had more success in the top three than either Curran or Gay, who I desperately hope hsve improved over the winter. Neither Rossington (poppadom fingers) nor Vasconcelos (more comfortable as a slipper) seemed like a first choice keeping option to me.

All-Rounders
6. :eng: Rob Keogh
7. :ita: Gareth Berg
R. :eng: James Sales, :eng: Saif Zaib

Honestly either Zaib or Keogh could find themselves in the top three if one or two things change. Berg is a hugely important player for this team - the Northants Darren Stevens

Keeper
8. :eng: Lewis McManus
R. :eng: Harry Gouldstone

Honestly a pair of really good glovemen. Northants have the all-rounders to push either of them down to number eight, but the batters that might mean they're needed to bat three. It's an odd one.

Bowlers
9. :aus: Matt Kelly (:os:)
10. :eng: Simon Kerrigan
11. :eng: Ben Sanderson
R. :eng: Nathan Buck, :ned: Brandon Glover, :eng: Tom Taylor

This is the engine room of the side: along with Gareth Berg, Ben Sanderson is an absolutely elite county bowler. Matt Kelly has the right skills to do the same thing at higher pace which is interesting, and Simon Kerrigan is absolutely back to his best. Brandon Glover is a fascinating what-if; shame that it is "what if his ankles weren't made of cottage cheese?"

I could see this side sneaking safety thanks to Sanderson taking 60 wickets @ 16, but ultimately this'll be 9th and relegated from Div 1.

What about all your counties?
I watched Brandon Glover bowl in the First ODI v NZ the other day. I think he bowled at least two ten ball overs.

Aislabie

Test Cricket is Best Cricket
Ireland
I'm hearing that he may have had a tiff with the coach (source: Thecricketer).
Yeah, I have a source in the setup, but have been asked not to share anything until it drops in other outlets

Don't have a county per se - any recommendations? My family history is Plymouth, Scotland, and a county I won't name for obvious reasons, and I'm aware of good reasons as to not go for any of them
Also, the noted Italian name Gareth Berg
Well it depends what sort of experience you want.

If you're looking to support a fun team, Somerset; if you want to support the comic book villains, Notts; if you want to support total underdogs, Derbyshire or Leicsestershire; if you want to support a team that's sort of on the way up, Sussex just recently hit rock bottom

Till Valhalla

ICC Chairman
The Boys
Profile Flag
Papua New Guinea
If you're looking to support a fun team, Somerset; if you want to support the comic book villains, Notts; if you want to support total underdogs, Derbyshire or Leicsestershire; if you want to support a team that's sort of on the way up, Sussex just recently hit rock bottom
Middlesex because I was drafted by them in a game here hosted by someone run using cricket coach.

Users who are viewing this thread