Cricket 22 General Discussion thread (Use bug report thread for issues/bugs/crashes | Patch notes in first post)

Bevab

Staff Member
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Alright, I decided to take the risk and splurge on this game. Have noticed a lack of academy creations on this forum in comparison to the previous iterations (presume it is to do with how buggy the game launched initially). Are the previous game's player and team creations carried over as claimed by Big Ant in one of their interviews prior to release?

Ed Smith

Gaffer
ENG....
Northern Superchargers
The Boys
Profile Flag
England
Alright, I decided to take the risk and splurge on this game. Have noticed a lack of academy creations on this forum in comparison to the previous iterations (presume it is to do with how buggy the game launched initially). Are the previous game's player and team creations carried over as claimed by Big Ant in one of their interviews prior to release?

No.

wasteyouryouth

Verified
Admin
I've literally done all international teams (men and women), county cricket, West Indies domestic teams, Pakistan domestic teams, LPL, IPL for two seasons and changed the names of the 7192 Indian domestic players. :noway

Bigminge has done the same too, funnily enough.

Bevab

Staff Member
I've literally done all international teams (men and women), county cricket, West Indies domestic teams, Pakistan domestic teams, LPL, IPL for two seasons and changed the names of the 7192 Indian domestic players. :noway

My bad, didn't read the fine print then!

Ed Smith

Gaffer
ENG....
Northern Superchargers
The Boys
Profile Flag
England

Tbf Bigminge does sometimes change the hair style and head size :laughter:

luckysoni

Associate Cricketer
Profile Flag
India

Thanks a Lot & Salute Sir...:clap:yes:

tarrantino

County Cricketer
Profile Flag
England
FOR THOSE WHO ARE GETTING XBOX SERIES X CRASHES

Was your series x the 1st xbox you played the game on at purchase? Mine wasn't (it was either series s or one x, I can't remember).

I'm wondering if the syncing of data somehow could cause a corruption of some sort?
Yes it was. Also many patches in as it was a Christmas present.

Rumple43

Survival Games Finalist
Survival Games Finalist
Profile Flag
England
What's the longest you've ever had a batter go without getting settled?

I've got a guy 57* off 120 balls, still yellow.

Guy at the other end is 33 off 76 and bright green, fully settled.

I get it's an attribute, and I'll check his before I turn off, but that seems pretty wild!

Neither are tailenders either, he's #3 and the settled guy is #6.

EDIT: 67 off 139, just gone first green. Wow!

Last edited:

Arctic_Wolf

Club Captain
Profile Flag
England
FOR THOSE WHO ARE GETTING XBOX SERIES X CRASHES

Was your series x the 1st xbox you played the game on at purchase? Mine wasn't (it was either series s or one x, I can't remember).

I'm wondering if the syncing of data somehow could cause a corruption of some sort?

Yes it was. Also many patches in as it was a Christmas present.

No, it wasn't, I first began C22 on a One X & subsequently transferred the One X installation over to the Series X using a direct network connection.

However, due to the ridiculous level of bugs I ended up experiencing that others apparently weren't (or they just weren't commenting on them here), I ended up doing a complete wipe & uninstallation of C22 & all related data from my Xbox locally, & the cloud remotely.

Obviously, this guaranteed that I started over with a 100% fresh install of C22 without any old or potentially corrupted data syncing back in again from the cloud as that data too was wiped & reset prior to my fresh install.

I also haven't even powered on the original Xbox One since the transfer so that also can't be interfering in any way at all either.

Sadly, another possible factor eliminated I'm afraid as a simultaneous local & remote cloud wipe is essentially exactly the same as a first time install anyway as far as your individual Xbox is concerned.

Despite going to such lengths, nit much changed & the crashing issue also remained after the fresh install as well.

I'm wondering if it's a specific lot that may be affected as that has definitely been seen before & BA may have early gen test models only perhaps & no recent models??? Or, vice versa etc.?

For example, my Series X has a manufacture date of Oct 2021 & the serial number begins with a 04 & ends in 417 if that makes any difference to specific places of manufacture or actual builds/batches? (04*******417.)

Crassus

Club Captain
Profile Flag
England
No and I downloaded a load of really good Indian faces from someone off this forum whose name escapes me unfortunately and they don't appear in the game for some reason. I had bumrah, shami and ishant all downloaded yet I load up a game and all 3 have the same generic face so it looks like India have triplets playing for them

Crassus

Club Captain
Profile Flag
England
Just playing a test. England vs India at Headingley and it's going pretty well to be fair. I'm England BTW

Won the toss and batted, good sunny conditions and I thought I'd test out my 'good wicket' set of sliders after the previous test at The Oval where I had my seamers paradise sliders on. Anyway I made 395 in 110 overs with Root and Bairstow hitting 100s. My wickets were often due to misjudgement on my part or with the tail I just went into t20 mode and tried to hit a 6 every ball. I was rewarded for patience and ideal timing and I left most balls outside off. I have to say the AI did a pretty good job of bowling to my lefties. Although due to the op nature of left handers I'd taken both Burns and Malan out.

Then on day 2 I was all out and India came out to bat. I decided to change to my seamers paradise sliders again as it was overcast and at Headingley which is probably one of the most seam friendly grounds in the world. I ended up getting India out for 94 with a nice variety of wickets. Couple of edges to keeper, 1 edge to slip. 2 drives caught at point, 1 lbw, 2 bizarre outfield catches and 2 straight bowled.

The outfield catches were weird. I had run rate set to 25 and after 10 overs or so India were about 18/3 and going nowhere. Then all of a sudden Rahane just decides that every ball is being launched and scores 5 4s in a row. All aerial, all off side, I kept the field in thinking he might miscue one but he didn't. So next ball I stick a man out at deep cover and he does the exact same shot again for the 6th ball in a row and is caught. Has anyone else had this?

Anyway I didn't enforce the follow on and we're now going at 5 an over but 3 down at 40/3 trying to take a huge lead

Rumple43

Survival Games Finalist
Survival Games Finalist
Profile Flag
England
Just playing a test. England vs India at Headingley and it's going pretty well to be fair. I'm England BTW

Won the toss and batted, good sunny conditions and I thought I'd test out my 'good wicket' set of sliders after the previous test at The Oval where I had my seamers paradise sliders on. Anyway I made 395 in 110 overs with Root and Bairstow hitting 100s. My wickets were often due to misjudgement on my part or with the tail I just went into t20 mode and tried to hit a 6 every ball. I was rewarded for patience and ideal timing and I left most balls outside off. I have to say the AI did a pretty good job of bowling to my lefties. Although due to the op nature of left handers I'd taken both Burns and Malan out.

Then on day 2 I was all out and India came out to bat. I decided to change to my seamers paradise sliders again as it was overcast and at Headingley which is probably one of the most seam friendly grounds in the world. I ended up getting India out for 94 with a nice variety of wickets. Couple of edges to keeper, 1 edge to slip. 2 drives caught at point, 1 lbw, 2 bizarre outfield catches and 2 straight bowled.

The outfield catches were weird. I had run rate set to 25 and after 10 overs or so India were about 18/3 and going nowhere. Then all of a sudden Rahane just decides that every ball is being launched and scores 5 4s in a row. All aerial, all off side, I kept the field in thinking he might miscue one but he didn't. So next ball I stick a man out at deep cover and he does the exact same shot again for the 6th ball in a row and is caught. Has anyone else had this?

Anyway I didn't enforce the follow on and we're now going at 5 an over but 3 down at 40/3 trying to take a huge lead
Interesting stuff. The main thing is that an AI RR of 25 these days is too low most likely. You want up near 50, as of 3 or 4 patches ago when that default changed.

If you're using the slider spreadsheet I made as a basis in any way I apologise, V3 hasn't been updated since BA made that change.

The thing with Rahane just sounds odd, but could be related. Can't say I've seen it myself but the AI does tend to act rather differently when a wicket is due, others have reported that as well.

Hester

County Cricketer
Interesting stuff. The main thing is that an AI RR of 25 these days is too low most likely. You want up near 50, as of 3 or 4 patches ago when that default changed.

If you're using the slider spreadsheet I made as a basis in any way I apologise, V3 hasn't been updated since BA made that change.

The thing with Rahane just sounds odd, but could be related. Can't say I've seen it myself but the AI does tend to act rather differently when a wicket is due, others have reported that as well.
Regarding AI RR, I've not found this to be the case at all. At 20, I find the AI score around 3 an over. At 50, they score nearer to 6. Anything over 30 and they try to slog at everything.

This has just been my experience and I realise it might not be the norm. Maybe I just suck at bowling.

Users who are viewing this thread