Cricket 22 General Discussion thread (Use bug report thread for issues/bugs/crashes | Patch notes in first post)

Langeveldt

Panel of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  4. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Can't be bothered to trail through the last pages, another week another patch.

Are the spinners still really OP? Could probably be fixed with toning the chances of them collecting edges and the superhuman keeper and close fielders.

timmy94

Club Captain
Depends on what season setting is.
Spring seems to set the sun at 5:00 5:30 or something around that & Summer 7:30/8pm. The area location plays a factor
So I changed it to summer like I said i would and the lights came on at 4:22???? So even earlier. Playing most of the final session in England under lights

Little Timmy

Little Timmy
Profile Flag
England
The latest patch has, for me, brought back batters walking in the wrong direction to and from the wicket and introduced hair sticking through caps/helmets, which I know has been a thing for some in the past… but it’s new to me!

Oh, and it’s also made the AI batting beyond incompetent!

timmy94

Club Captain
So I changed it to summer like I said i would and the lights came on at 4:22???? So even earlier. Playing most of the final session in England under lights
Right so I think it’s because of custom stadiums?? Just played at Sophia gardens and at 7:45 it’s still light. Was playing at the emirates riverside that came with Durham when it was dark at 4:20 so must be something in the stadium settings I can change??

Abcd9994

Club Captain
I just picked up the game yesterday after a month's gap.
Broadcast 3 as running or fielding camera still has the jerk at the point when batter hits the ball. :(
Also, can anyone please confirm if the issue of AI spinner bowling too wide against left hand bat, or fast bowlers bowling too straight to LHB have been resolved?

GuyIncognito

Chairman of Selectors
AUS..
RCB...
MS
Melbourne Stars
Birmingham Phoenix
The Boys
Profile Flag
Australia
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Probably encountered the worst bug I've seen in a career mode for a ba cricket game. Had a "dual" series against New Zealand and England. Way to fluff it up. You have the two main licenced teams (Australia and England) and can't even allocate the timing of the series properly. I just simmed the second half of the Aussie summer and a bitter taste in terms of playing my first ashes series in career mode. How has that been in the game after all these patches? Rant over.

The Fridge's Leg-Spin

County Cricketer
Profile Flag
England
Probably encountered the worst bug I've seen in a career mode for a ba cricket game. Had a "dual" series against New Zealand and England. Way to fluff it up. You have the two main licenced teams (Australia and England) and can't even allocate the timing of the series properly. I just simmed the second half of the Aussie summer and a bitter taste in terms of playing my first ashes series in career mode. How has that been in the game after all these patches? Rant over.
I was watching Twistie's Career Mode and he encountered the same thing. A test series with New Zealand in Australia slotted right along the Ashes, so he had to do double duty because he was in the test squad for both series'.

GuyIncognito

Chairman of Selectors
AUS..
RCB...
MS
Melbourne Stars
Birmingham Phoenix
The Boys
Profile Flag
Australia
I was watching Twistie's Career Mode and he encountered the same thing. A test series with New Zealand in Australia slotted right along the Ashes, so he had to do double duty because he was in the test squad for both series'.
I just skipped it all, such a stupid thing to happen.

jabbathehut

County Cricketer
Worse is this calendar issue has been in all the versions of the game it shouldn't be so difficult to fix in my career I have been transported from English t20 tournament to cpl just like that in middle of the season

smurfygray86

Associate Captain
Had this many many times in my 12 year career it would be great if you could see the schedule before you accept selection etc or even better they don’t clash at all. I missed the big bash semi final and final with Perth because I’d been selected in the PSL which clashed. So frustrating

Ian Grove

School Cricketer
Hate to have to say it, but for my simulation of the English County Championship for the coming season (sad, I know!!) I've reluctantly reverted to C19 - albeit with 2021 downloaded squads (so many thanks to Waste Your Youth and the many others for your hard work)

Reasons?
1. To my (untrained) eye despite the many patches gameplay in the earlier version does still seem far more realistic than the new incarnation - at least for English conditions.
2. Still far more squads, players and (especially) stadiums available in C19 Academy. Will the long-promised port-over ever happen?
3. Far more options to "fine tune" player appearances in C19 (height/build/features etc). Accept that this is only a cosmetic point but, for me at least, players who are at least somewhat identifiable with their real-life counterparts add greatly to the immersion - especially at County rather than international level.

I will of course still be following the progress of the 22 iteration and really hope that it can, like it's predecessors, "mature" over time. But for the time being, it's back to the olden days for me.

GuyIncognito

Chairman of Selectors
AUS..
RCB...
MS
Melbourne Stars
Birmingham Phoenix
The Boys
Profile Flag
Australia
Hate to have to say it, but for my simulation of the English County Championship for the coming season (sad, I know!!) I've reluctantly reverted to C19 - albeit with 2021 downloaded squads (so many thanks to Waste Your Youth and the many others for your hard work)

Reasons?
1. To my (untrained) eye despite the many patches gameplay in the earlier version does still seem far more realistic than the new incarnation - at least for English conditions.
2. Still far more squads, players and (especially) stadiums available in C19 Academy. Will the long-promised port-over ever happen?
3. Far more options to "fine tune" player appearances in C19 (height/build/features etc). Accept that this is only a cosmetic point but, for me at least, players who are at least somewhat identifiable with their real-life counterparts add greatly to the immersion - especially at County rather than international level.

I will of course still be following the progress of the 22 iteration and really hope that it can, like it's predecessors, "mature" over time. But for the time being, it's back to the olden days for me.
That port-over was never happening and should never have been hinted at.

smurfygray86

Associate Captain

Reasons?

I tried 19 to compare not long ago and I believe 22 is a better game it just takes a lot of messing with the sliders (thanks to the guys who do hours on hours of testing) to make it that way not sure if it was like that on 19 the only thing I don’t like at the minute is the WK taking catches like a magnet straight from the bat and the slo mo misses when batting I’m not sure if they were in 19 I’m pretty sure they wasn’t. Graphics wise I found it hard to play 19 after firstly playing 22 aswell

Hester

County Cricketer

Reasons?

I'd go back to C19 but I can't get past the batsmen being mini boy-men with giant heads, playing with toy bats and children's pads.

Users who are viewing this thread