Cricket 22 General Discussion thread (Use bug report thread for issues/bugs/crashes | Patch notes in first post)

Roooooot

Club Cricketer
Since the new patch I've found that the AI pace bowlers often consistently bowl very straight with limited movement off the seam or in the air.

This makes it easy to score from straight drives - - and yet field placings rarely change even if I'm scoring 90 per cent of runs down straight on and off...

Is anyone else having this? It seems worse with the county championship teams so it may be something to do with lower skilling for bowlers.

YCCSteve

School Cricketer
Quick question, does the AI base difficulty actually make any difference , changing it from pro to veteran etc … or is it all based on the sliders for AI, Batting and bowling ? Cheers in advance

Plotinus

Associate Captain
Online Cricket Games Owned
Probably encountered the worst bug I've seen in a career mode for a ba cricket game. Had a "dual" series against New Zealand and England. Way to fluff it up. You have the two main licenced teams (Australia and England) and can't even allocate the timing of the series properly. I just simmed the second half of the Aussie summer and a bitter taste in terms of playing my first ashes series in career mode. How has that been in the game after all these patches? Rant over.
Career mode has not really been touched by patches. It is deeply flawed as an experience. Playing for England, I've had overlapping series with Australia and India plus playing country cricket all at the same time. It makes no sense and this is not the biggest issue with this mode. There are also things that just don't work...so there is a button assigned to viewing past scorecards on the calendar screen...but it doesn't do anything...so we have a UI item that isn't connected to any code. Although I almost exclusively play Career mode, both the design and the implementation are terrible in this iteration. You might ask if it is so terrible why do I play it...the answer is that I don't play much now...I give it a go after every patch in the hope that things have been fixed....but nothing really changes. I'm sure there is a game to be uncovered in other modes and I do like a lot of what BA has introduced in general gameplay...but the fact that they haven't done any design or undertaken effective testing for career mode is a disappointment in this iteration. It would be nice if they could fix it through patches but I suspect that this will have to wait for the next version of the game.

Rumple43

Survival Games Finalist
Survival Games Finalist
Profile Flag
England
Since the new patch I've found that the AI pace bowlers often consistently bowl very straight with limited movement off the seam or in the air.

This makes it easy to score from straight drives - - and yet field placings rarely change even if I'm scoring 90 per cent of runs down straight on and off...

Is anyone else having this? It seems worse with the county championship teams so it may be something to do with lower skilling for bowlers.
Not sure I've seen the same, and no fixing the field placement issue, but upping the pitch wear before you start a game will enhance seam movement significantly in my experience.

For Cricket 22, wear = cracks, but sadly no variable bounce from the initial testing I did not long after launch. They may have added it since, though I think it's unlikely.

smurfygray86

Associate Captain
Career mode has not really been touched by patches. It is deeply flawed as an experience. Playing for England, I've had overlapping series with Australia and India plus playing country cricket all at the same time. It makes no sense and this is not the biggest issue with this mode. There are also things that just don't work...so there is a button assigned to viewing past scorecards on the calendar screen...but it doesn't do anything...so we have a UI item that isn't connected to any code. Although I almost exclusively play Career mode, both the design and the implementation are terrible in this iteration. You might ask if it is so terrible why do I play it...the answer is that I don't play much now...I give it a go after every patch in the hope that things have been fixed....but nothing really changes. I'm sure there is a game to be uncovered in other modes and I do like a lot of what BA has introduced in general gameplay...but the fact that they haven't done any design or undertaken effective testing for career mode is a disappointment in this iteration. It would be nice if they could fix it through patches but I suspect that this will have to wait for the next version of the game.
The view previous scorecard does work now you can only view the year gone though I believe plus you can view other teams results on career mode

cricboi

Club Captain
Went back to career mode after the last patch. The batting has improved and its a bit trickier now. The bowling is brutal though and the edges flying for 6 is super annoying. Before the patch I could easily average around 15-18 per wicket in county games (my guy is an 85) and now it's more like 30-40+. The AI is also consistently going at 4.5+ per over so I guess I'm back to tinkering with the run rate.

edit: turned down run rate to 38 and things chilled a bit.

Last edited:

Kart7

School Cricketer
Is there a way to design a competition with an IPL / BBL styled playoffs? I suppose the top 4 teams can only play the 2 semi finals in the designer.

Besides, in the available pre-defined competitions like the "Indian Cricket Championship", CPL or the BBL, the venues, dates etc. are fixed and cannot be edited.

Jerm

International Coach
SA.....
Profile Flag
South Africa
Is there a way to design a competition with an IPL / BBL styled playoffs? I suppose the top 4 teams can only play the 2 semi finals in the designer.

Besides, in the available pre-defined competitions like the "Indian Cricket Championship", CPL or the BBL, the venues, dates etc. are fixed and cannot be edited.
nope

MARK99ZA

County Cricketer
Profile Flag
South Africa
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Am finding the 50 over AI fields during the powerplay overs very rigid. Playing with the CWC 92 teams and batting (Hard) I was lofting boundaries ball after ball on the onside - not once did they put 1 boundary rider out there. Think I got Andrew Hudson to 40 of 12 balls before he was caught in the ring, but the trend continued and was about 120 for 2 after 10 overs! Yes I can tune the power and placement stats for the players but I would expect some sort of response from the AI on field placements!

Hester

County Cricketer
Am finding the 50 over AI fields during the powerplay overs very rigid. Playing with the CWC 92 teams and batting (Hard) I was lofting boundaries ball after ball on the onside - not once did they put 1 boundary rider out there. Think I got Andrew Hudson to 40 of 12 balls before he was caught in the ring, but the trend continued and was about 120 for 2 after 10 overs! Yes I can tune the power and placement stats for the players but I would expect some sort of response from the AI on field placements!
It's the same for tests. The Ai won't plug a boundary gap until after about 30 overs of being destroyed.

tarrantino

County Cricketer
Profile Flag
England
Well an Xbox Series X crash update (sort of) Big Ant wanted my video settings so they're looking into it for sure. I have to admit it is more stable than before but it's still there.

Nithin Antony

County Cricketer
TPCL Titans
This field presets are nonsensical. I've raised multiple tickets for this. Even in the death overs, there are short mid on and mid off placed. Hardly you can see someone at long off and long on. And yet the AI keeps bowling full and straight to batsman. There is no point playing this game.

BA should focus on core gameplay before making any new enhancements.

Hester

County Cricketer
Well an Xbox Series X crash update (sort of) Big Ant wanted my video settings so they're looking into it for sure. I have to admit it is more stable than before but it's still there.
Yes, they asked me too. It's a good sign, at least they're looking into it.

Edit: my Series X video settings are the same as my Series S settings though. My TV is quite old , so 1080p with no fancy settings.

cricboi

Club Captain
It seems the field placement issue boils down to the AI not being "smart" enough so maybe a short term solution would be creating a setting that says AI can only selected human made fields. I find I do fine only using 5-6 fields, even less in limited overs, and so having the AI pick between less options might actually lead to better results. Just spitballing ideas though, because the field settings are the one major thing still holding back gameplay.

Users who are viewing this thread