Cricket 22 General Discussion thread (Use bug report thread for issues/bugs/crashes | Patch notes in first post)

Langeveldt

Panel of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  4. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
This is after adjusting the sliders, lowering edge chance, increasing striker timing, changing pitch and ball friction, veteran, dry pitch.

I'm just not seeing any progress at all, apart from the not taking a wicket literally every single over.

Attachments

• 20220409224538_1.jpg
    20220409224538_1.jpg
    196.4 KB · Views: 32

Slug1793

Associate Cricketer
Profile Flag
England
I think we are very close to a very good game here. I realise I am probably a little biased as I just bat and generate my opponent's innings, but batting, with creative use of sliders, is pretty damned good and realistic.
I hear the criticisms of fielding and bowling and appreciate some of the points made, but there will never be a game that suits everyone.
I think BA have slowly (too slowly for most of us perhaps) begun to attend to our feedback. A lot of developers would have cut and run.
I am having some brilliant games now and hope that bowling will soon make the improvements that batting has.
Sorry if I'm being too positive!
Fair play just batting, do you not get that urge to get the ball in hand, or is that just the bowler in me coming out haha

Disharies

#ready2strike
RCB...
LQ
Sydney Thunder
Manchester Originals
TPCL Titans
Profile Flag
Nepal
will ba studios change the new jersey for liensed team like england t20 jersey is changed

Syed Bukhari87

Club Captain
Just give us effectiveness sliders and it will end all the misery.
Pace and movement effectiveness
Spin and movement effectiveness

Wealey

ICC Board Member
This is after adjusting the sliders, lowering edge chance, increasing striker timing, changing pitch and ball friction, veteran, dry pitch.

I'm just not seeing any progress at all, apart from the not taking a wicket literally every single over.

You can’t lower edge chance?

What bowling difficulty?

The Fridge's Leg-Spin

County Cricketer
Profile Flag
England
will ba studios change the new jersey for liensed team like england t20 jersey is changed
Probably unlikely. I put in a request for BA to change the NZ test kit because the one in-game is outdated and not the one NZ use in real life. They may do this down the line but I think BA's priority right now lies in fixing issues with gameplay through their 2 week patches.

chintoo02018

Associate Cricketer
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Cricket 22 is unplayable as wicketkeeper can catch anything goes behind , best way get back and start play cricket 19 series, until there is improvement to be done

Langeveldt

Panel of Selectors
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  4. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
You can’t lower edge chance?

What bowling difficulty?

I mean increasing striker timing to lower the edge chance..

Hard.. I mean I wasn't exactly mopping up with the quicks was I?

I may try a rare bat. Bowling is cooked now.

Wealey

ICC Board Member
I mean increasing striker timing to lower the edge chance..

Hard.. I mean I wasn't exactly mopping up with the quicks was I?

I may try a rare bat. Bowling is cooked now.

Did you lower the wicket chance?

Hard is still very easy to bowl on though regardless.

gkvarma18

Associate Cricketer
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Probably unlikely. I put in a request for BA to change the NZ test kit because the one in-game is outdated and not the one NZ use in real life. They may do this down the line but I think BA's priority right now lies in fixing issues with gameplay through their 2 week patches.
Yes gameplay improvement is highest priority for all indeed right now. No question

Plotinus

Associate Captain
Cricket 22 is unplayable as wicketkeeper can catch anything goes behind , best way get back and start play cricket 19 series, until there is improvement to be done
I think this might be overstating the issue. The wicketkeeper is not making this unplayable as a game.

Plotinus

Associate Captain
I always liken it to the fifa slider forums. They hate default Fifa over their and tinker the sliders into oblivion. Not ideal really. But if default isn’t to people’s liking , the sliders are their for a reason.

Still isn’t an excuse for the basics not being correct on default. But is what it is
I remember this call for sliders, back in the DBC14 days. I wonder, if they removed sliders entirely, whether BA could make the game work. The reason for having sliders should be to make minor tweaks to meet user preferences. The default, as you say, should work for most users to produce a realistic outcome across all formats covered in the game. Unfortunately, I think the sliders are now a crutch to reduce the need for BA to focus on working defaults. This meta-game of slider tweaking seems to be a curious activity. People are investing so much time with experiementing and adjusting sliders to try to make the game play realistically...surely this shouldn't be needed.
Also, the test for whether the slider-game produces a good cricket game, is not in the final scorecard but what happens ball-by-ball. If we are just reducing things like edges, pitch behaviour, etc. so that is produces a scorecard that looks like a reasonable average for the format...but ball-by-ball the expereince is unaffected by how well we play...it seems like we are missing the point of cricket. Andrew Salter finished with 7-45 off 12 overs today in the IRL match between Glamorgan and Durham...this does happen in cricket....tweaking out these possibilites in the game with sliders doesn't make much sense to me.

Users who are viewing this thread