Cricket 22 General Discussion thread (Use bug report thread for issues/bugs/crashes | Patch notes in first post)

Hester

County Cricketer
Not at all… people without playing the patch was making out the game had reached its peak and was never getting better..

Your post simply implied it already had!
Well, this is exactly the thing, isn't it? They break something in the game, then fix it, and people jump around in excitement saying they've improved the game, when all they've done is FIX a problem they created.

It's right up there with those fraudsters at EA who remove features from games, then bring them back years later saying "look what we added to the game!"

Ed Smith

Gaffer
ENG....
Northern Superchargers
The Boys
Profile Flag
England
Well, this is exactly the thing, isn't it? They break something in the game, then fix it, and people jump around in excitement saying they've improved the game, when all they've done is FIX a problem they created.

Not really sure what the loins is you're trying to make here?

Is it that they shouldn't try to fix things in case something breaks, or they shouldn't fix things that are broken?

Hester

County Cricketer
Not really sure what the loins is you're trying to make here?

Is it that they shouldn't try to fix things in case something breaks, or they shouldn't fix things that are broken?
it's that fixes to issues they created shouldn't be lauded as improvements to the game.
If I break my toaster, then fix it, I don't do cartwheels around the house screaming "I IMPROVED THE TOASTER!!"

Ed Smith

Gaffer
ENG....
Northern Superchargers
The Boys
Profile Flag
England
it's that fixes to issues they created shouldn't be lauded as improvements to the game.
If I break my toaster, then fix it, I don't do cartwheels around the house screaming "I IMPROVED THE TOASTER!!"

So your issue is the use of the word "improved" rather than "fixed"?

Wealey

ICC Board Member

But the AI for batting in longer formats.. keeps getting better? I never thought it was broken.

Every game on the market atm has issues after updates from far far bigger companies.

If I broke my Toaster btw and wanted some toast and managed to fix it I’d be buzzing.. in fairness. Never any bloody cereal in the house.

Hester

County Cricketer
So your issue is the use of the word "improved" rather than "fixed"?
Partly. It's more the reaction to it.
Anyway, I'm just venting because I'm frustrated by the complete lack of additions to the stadium creator, so I might just time myself out for a bit.

Edit: and when I say "additions", I mean "putting stuff back in the game that was in the last 2 games which were removed for no reason"

Langeveldt

Panel of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  4. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
I'm going to break a George Foreman if spinners are still OP.

Let alone pitch and weather conditions actually mattering.

wasteyouryouth

Verified
Admin
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Partly. It's more the reaction to it.
Anyway, I'm just venting because I'm frustrated by the complete lack of additions to the stadium creator, so I might just time myself out for a bit.

Edit: and when I say "additions", I mean "putting stuff back in the game that was in the last 2 games which were removed for no reason"
People were asking for changes to the stadium creator since it was first implemented, they essentially rebuilt it. There's things that aren't in there, which were in the old one and that's frustrating, but it's so much easier to use and so much more stable than the version on Cricket 19. If I had a £ for the amount of times I had to abandon a stadium build on Cricket 19 because it was unstable I'd be able to buy three luxury toasters.

Arctic_Wolf

Club Captain
Profile Flag
England
People were asking for changes to the stadium creator since it was first implemented, they essentially rebuilt it. There's things that aren't in there, which were in the old one and that's frustrating, but it's so much easier to use and so much more stable than the version on Cricket 19. If I had a £ for the amount of times I had to abandon a stadium build on Cricket 19 because it was unstable I'd be able to buy three luxury toasters.

You could probably hire a personal chef instead dude. Sod the toasters ;)!!

But the AI for batting in longer formats.. keeps getting better? I never thought it was broken.

Every game on the market atm has issues after updates from far far bigger companies.

If I broke my Toaster btw and wanted some toast and managed to fix it I’d be buzzing.. in fairness. Never any bloody cereal in the house.

Even when we were all going for 12 - 16+ RPO off the AI in FC/tests for a start, including 2 x 6s, 4 x 4s, or mixes thereof in almost every over for weeks & weeks on end.... Or, the AI going to the same two scripted shots every time to score those runs with the ridiculous lofted back foot cut anywhere into the offside or the lofted legside pickups off deliveries well wide of the off stump. You never once considered the AI batting actually broken back then? (Let alone the rest going on with the AI batting we were all putting up with that was undoubtedly broken whichever way you view it.)

I'd consider that more as a local memory retention issue TBF ;). Or, a classically acute case of white knighting.

As for the "broken toaster" debate, it's not like you're making toast for the entire street every morning & the effect that would have upon others while they waited 2 weeks for you to fix said toaster is it?

That just comes across more that you're perfectly happy to break something to then get a buzz for fixing it again afterwards yourself anyway & that's an incredibly slippery slope to be on indeed ;).

Wealey

ICC Board Member

Even when we were all going for 12 - 16+ RPO off the AI in FC/tests for a start, including 2 x 6s, 4 x 4s, or mixes thereof in almost every over for weeks & weeks on end.... Or, the AI going to the same two scripted shots every time to score those runs with the ridiculous lofted back foot cut anywhere into the offside or the lofted legside pickups off deliveries well wide of the off stump. You never once considered the AI batting actually broken back then? (Let alone the rest going on with the AI batting we were all putting up with that was undoubtedly broken whichever way you view it.)

I'd consider that more as a local memory retention issue TBF ;). Or, a classically acute case of white knighting.

As for the "broken toaster" debate, it's not like you're making toast for the entire street every morning & the effect that would have upon others while they waited 2 weeks for you to fix said toaster is it?

That just comes across more that you're perfectly happy to break something to then get a buzz for fixing it again afterwards yourself anyway & that's an incredibly slippery slope to be on indeed ;).

At no point in this games life cycle did the AI ever go above 4 runs an over in a Test for me.. let alone the numbers you have just said.

Issue is some people bowl like utter turd get dispatched then start moaning that the AI run rate is broken.

Everyone uses the word “broken” broken means something does not work.

At no point while playing this game as the AI batting been broken for me. It’s had annoying tendency’s like random smashes. Which have been fixed and improved.

Root smashing me for 6 4th over of a Test is not “broken” its crap. But then has been improved.

God knows what people were doing to go at 10+ runs an over haha!

Wealey

ICC Board Member

Just to add to this I’m not happy to break anything. I jump on play the game, test it and try and find ways to make it more enjoyable for other.

If I don’t enjoy it, I go outside, spend time with kids, play something else and don’t really let it bother me. The game was never broken for me. It wasn’t ideal.. and has got better in certain areas.

Simple as that. Zero white knighting - I regularly criticize and in the beta have been extremely harsh at times.

Zero memory issues either..

The AI batting has consistently week on week improved to the point now where they knock it about and bat in a realistic manner. That wasn’t there before.. so progress has been made.

Langeveldt

Panel of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  4. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Five overs of slow left arm, no superhuman caught behinds, no banging of ball onto boot and caught by short leg. Early days.

Users who are viewing this thread