Cricket 22 General Discussion thread (Use bug report thread for issues/bugs/crashes | Patch notes in first post)

Wealey

ICC Board Member
Did you change pitch settings for the game ? And yeh I’m really enjoying playing as teams now and seeing the full game play out as I’ve only really played career since day 1 So many little things to like

Changed it at the start.. but haven’t touched over the 5 days. Lyon was 1fer after 40 in first dig. Now he’s massively in the game!
Post automatically merged:

Interesting. Seems to be only affecting (effecting?) "Play Now" matches then maybe.

I had oooooh Jimmy Jimmy.. the other day in first 10 overs when testing in play now.

Hester

County Cricketer
Changed it at the start.. but haven’t touched over the 5 days. Lyon was 1fer after 40 in first dig. Now he’s massively in the game!
Post automatically merged:

I had oooooh Jimmy Jimmy.. the other day in first 10 overs when testing in play now.
Cool. Are you on Xbox too?

smurfygray86

Associate Captain
Like father like son. de Caires taking 17 balls to get off the mark. Currently at 5 off 28

Attachments

• 8E4890C6-60F6-4FD1-9AA1-B2D307F07FC6.jpeg
    8E4890C6-60F6-4FD1-9AA1-B2D307F07FC6.jpeg
    878.3 KB · Views: 17

Syed Bukhari87

Club Captain
@WealeyH regarding the slow mo shots no body is bothered with the outcome of play and miss or getting bowled , infact I like that late timing the ball must result in getting bowled or lbw for user batting, but the fact that the shot animation is super slow makes it looks ugly and immersion breaking , I hope it is making sense now , perhaps increase the shot speed to of normal shot but still result in play n miss?

Mr Snrub

International Coach
@WealeyH regarding the slow mo shots no body is bothered with the outcome of play and miss or getting bowled , infact I like that late timing the ball must result in getting bowled or lbw for user batting, but the fact that the shot animation is super slow makes it looks ugly and immersion breaking , I hope it is making sense now , perhaps increase the shot speed to of normal shot but still result in play n miss?

I felt a bit sorry for pavanjorige when I got up this morning and read the 4 or so pages of him and his point of view against, Wealey, waste, Ed Smith and a couple of others. Not saying it was, but it looked like a senior member and mod pile-on against him.

Personally, I've had many instances with friends in 2 player and alone against the AI where to get the timing right, I've been basically sweeping at everything. I know the timing is earlier/different than many other shots and I wanted to be able to pull it out and play it well when needed in a tourney with my friends. I'd easily estimate that I've played it over 200+ times in the last couple of months. Due to the number of times I timed it well, I do not need to "Git Gud" or whatever sarcasm passes for a response from the mature and friendly moderators and senior members these days.

Yes for the most part when the slo-motion animation plays out I've mistimed it, I can feel that, the timing indicates it and yep I have to accept it, despite the slo-motion animation looking nothing like reality. There are other times where it is questionable, but even then I say to myself "can't be sure I mistimed that, the result didn't feel right, but I'll accept it". Then there are other times where I know the timing has felt absolutely right, I've seen good timing on the screen and it's done it all the same. These are a minority, but they are infuriating when they happen.

As to Syed's comment above, I agree with him and I also wonder, why have it in at all? Surely if you're going to miss, you're going to miss and get bowled/lbw, you don't need some slow-motion animation playing out to break immersion and make you wonder why your input is being delayed and played out in slo-motion? If it's so inconsequential as we're told, why put it in there? It wasn't in the first several versions of the game.

According to waste's earlier quote of Matt
"I'd just note for now that you're not missing because the animation is going slowly, the animation is playing out slow because your shot will have missed, so the impact here is entirely a visual one"
, it's apparently not changing any outcome, apparenly ALL visual. So why include a visually jarring delay onto shots that will make people question whether the outcome timed up with their inputs? It was actively put in and makes no sense.

pavanjorige

Club Captain
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
I felt a bit sorry for pavanjorige when I got up this morning and read the 4 or so pages of him and his point of view against, Wealey, waste, Ed Smith and a couple of others. Not saying it was, but it looked like a senior member and mod pile-on against him.

Personally, I've had many instances with friends in 2 player and alone against the AI where to get the timing right, I've been basically sweeping at everything. I know the timing is earlier/different than many other shots and I wanted to be able to pull it out and play it well when needed in a tourney with my friends. I'd easily estimate that I've played it over 200+ times in the last couple of months. Due to the number of times I timed it well, I do not need to "Git Gud" or whatever sarcasm passes for a response from the mature and friendly moderators and senior members these days.

Yes for the most part when the slo-motion animation plays out I've mistimed it, I can feel that, the timing indicates it and yep I have to accept it, despite the slo-motion animation looking nothing like reality. There are other times where it is questionable, but even then I say to myself "can't be sure I mistimed that, the result didn't feel right, but I'll accept it". Then there are other times where I know the timing has felt absolutely right, I've seen good timing on the screen and it's done it all the same. These are a minority, but they are infuriating when they happen.

As to Syed's comment above, I agree with him and I also wonder, why have it in at all? Surely if you're going to miss, you're going to miss and get bowled/lbw, you don't need some slow-motion animation playing out to break immersion and make you wonder why your input is being delayed and played out in slo-motion? If it's so inconsequential as we're told, why put it in there? It wasn't in the first several versions of the game.

"I'd just note for now that you're not missing because the animation is going slowly, the animation is playing out slow because your shot will have missed, so the impact here is entirely a visual one"
, it's apparently not changing any outcome, apparenly ALL visual. So why include a visually jarring delay onto shots that will make people question whether the outcome timed up with their inputs? It was actively put in and makes no sense.
That`s Ok. It was my mistake ignoring the timing feedback since I was playing the sweeps like any other shot, only to realize yesterday that I was infact not timing it accordingly. Huge Miss from my Side. Sorry for the Inconvenience Caused but the positive is my game just improved by a huge margin and I am posting big totals now :love:. I know Sweeps and other shots are premeditated but the required ideal input is way earlier than other shots and needs to be tuned just a little bit so that we have time to assess whether it is the right shot to be played or not. Again it is my view before anybody jumps on .. making it clear

Last edited:

Wealey

ICC Board Member

Maybe was unnecessary but it’s a knock on effect from the amount of people in here who don’t use their heads at all or talk nonsense consistently for no apparent reason.

5 x I said it was a bug and was working as intended.

5 x I was told it was a bug.

I agree it looks shitty I said that. But again 5 x I said it was working as intended as per a BA employee.

Then I was told 5 x that it was a bug because it wasn’t working how they wanted it to work.

The different between it HAS to be fixed and wanting something changed is very different.

Also the message that @pavanjorige wont be having the issue hardly if he times it correct was the main message and I even took the time to do a video.

It was more frustration that my point wasn’t getting across and that he definitely didn’t have to experience it if he timed it better.

It wasn’t a case of clashing opinions or point of views. I was stating facts and they were being ignored. Turns out after listening as he said his game is far more enjoyable. I don’t include him in this but that would be the case for a lot of other people if they just listened rather than always wanting to find the negative

I spend a lot of time finding ways or solutions for others to enjoy the game. I gain no joy in having arguments or trying to wind people up. But when someone is just ignoring the facts it can become a little irritating.

Apologies my end though.

Wealey

ICC Board Member

That makes complete sense. I even said that myself. I wasn’t debating that.

Mr Snrub

International Coach
Maybe was unnecessary but it’s a knock on effect from the amount of people in here who don’t use their heads at all or talk nonsense consistently for no apparent reason.

5 x I said it was a bug and was working as intended.

5 x I was told it was a bug.

I agree it looks shitty I said that. But again 5 x I said it was working as intended as per a BA employee.

Then I was told 5 x that it was a bug because it wasn’t working how they wanted it to work.

The different between it HAS to be fixed and wanting something changed is very different.

Also the message that @pavanjorige wont be having the issue hardly if he times it correct was the main message and I even took the time to do a video.

It was more frustration that my point wasn’t getting across and that he definitely didn’t have to experience it if he timed it better.

It wasn’t a case of clashing opinions or point of views. I was stating facts and they were being ignored. Turns out after listening as he said his game is far more enjoyable. I don’t include him in this but that would be the case for a lot of other people if they just listened rather than always wanting to find the negative

I spend a lot of time finding ways or solutions for others to enjoy the game. I gain no joy in having arguments or trying to wind people up. But when someone is just ignoring the facts it can become a little irritating.

Apologies my end though.
I've got a lot of respect for you and you've done a lot for this whole community. I think the whole issue was probably poor communication for the most part.

Pavanjorige seems to not have a complete grasp on English in some regards, so there may have been something in that. In the end he seems to have been mistiming his shots, so seems happy enough with the clarification on timing he received.

There are bigger issues than this strange addition of a slow animation, and hopefully the solid general improvement of the last patch continues.

luckysoni

Associate Cricketer
Profile Flag
India
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Is it at the stage yet where Cricket 22 is a good investment if you already have 19…?
This will always be the question that to buy it or not.. Even if when cricket's next version comes out then it will be compared with that...

Answer is yes..... This game is like that sometimes you'll feel that.. Wow.... What a close to reality this game is .... And sometimes you'll say.. Shit... That is just shit.... But all in all at an avg opinion i believe you'll like it ,as i do....
Cricket is always like that....

Sparks

Club Captain
Profile Flag
England
Not sure if this is just my controller but I can't seem to skip highlights any more. For example when I hit a lunch or tea break and you have the 2 options of next highlight or exit and neither button seems to work. I have to wait till the highlight reel had finished to move on. Anyone else experience this, started the patch before last.
Xbox
Career mode

smurfygray86

Associate Captain
Not sure if this is just my controller but I can't seem to skip highlights any more. For example when I hit a lunch or tea break and you have the 2 options of next highlight or exit and neither button seems to work. I have to wait till the highlight reel had finished to move on. Anyone else experience this, started the patch before last.
Xbox
Career mode
No problems on ps5 on latest patch I’ve never experienced that ever tbh

Users who are viewing this thread