Mouseydread's Classic Cricket Teams

Mouseydread

Associate Captain
Uploaded India 1990s

At the beginning of the decade, Kapil Dev and some of the glamour boys of the 1980s had begun to fade, with the World Cup 1992 being their disappointing swansong. However what happened next was the appearance in the national team of men who as boys had witnessed and been inspired by Indias historic 1983 World Cup win, world cricket was about to enter the era of Sachin Tendulkar.

This team had become strong and mid decade Mohammad Azhurddhin was one of the world's best batsmen, and India would compete for world dominance from here on to date. Funnily enough as much as Sachin was lauded, there was another Bombay batsman who was just as prolifc, if Sachin Tendulkar was the light then Vinod Kambli was the darkness. Imagine if Vinod Kambli had played to his fullest potential or to me more accurate stay disciplined? India would have been nigh on unstoppable.

That said, at the beginning of the decade, with Tendulkar and Kambli, and the ageing stars of the 80s, including the brilliant Azhuraddhin, India still could trot out Sanjay Manrekar, Manoj Prabhakar, Nyan Mongia, underrated Javigal Srinath, Navjot Sidhu, a spin trio of Anil Kumble, Venkat Raju and Rajesh Chahaun, to be joined later in the decade by Rahul Dravid, Sourav Ganguly, and VVS Laxman.

By the end of the decade, Sachin, Kumble, Dravid, Ganguly, and Laxman would enter the 2000s as a group of players who would change the fortunes of India cricket forever.

PS my personal favourite was Javigal Srinath, hugely underated!

Thanks to @wasteyouryouth for the main uniform

Thanks to @Rowdoss for the ODI uniform.

Last edited:

azkhan

Associate Captain
Online Cricket Games Owned
@Mouseydread great WC 92 teams. Playing the classic world cup now :thumbs . Just wandering if you could you please add the second kit for India's WC team? Currently only has one kit, I think it's missing wasted youths kit. Thanks

mukesh88

Club Captain
Great job bro keep it up can u please make 1996 and 1999 kits and teams worldcup it will be great thanks

Chevo

Associate Cricketer
Profile Flag
Australia
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
I have done I think, all the players that appeared in the 2005 series for Australia, you would have to download Australia 2000s I am pretty sure the players are there, (unless I am confusing myself with what I did for Cric19!), As foe England 2000s I am working on the players individually over the next couple of days, so lll post them here as I upload them.

Hope this helps. :)
Not sure if this is the right place to post, but I have been doing some work on your Aus 2000 for the kits and a couple bats. More than happy if you want to add these to your players if you ever re-upload.
Most of the work is from existing stuff found around the academy so in no way take any credit, as most of the hard yards were done by others. :thumbs

Adam Gilchrist Puma Ballistic in Orange.
Michael Clarke Slazenger V389.
Shane Warne County.
3 Mobile Test Series kit.
Commonwealth Bank ODI series kit.

The bats are on the academy under chevo, don't seem able to upload the kits (team) as yet as the academy says error try again later.

Attachments

• Cricket 22 Screenshot 2022.04.10 - 12.13.42.56.png
    Cricket 22 Screenshot 2022.04.10 - 12.13.42.56.png
    2.3 MB · Views: 24
  • Cricket 22 Screenshot 2022.04.10 - 12.13.47.55.png
    Cricket 22 Screenshot 2022.04.10 - 12.13.47.55.png
    2.3 MB · Views: 19
  • Cricket 22 Screenshot 2022.04.10 - 12.14.16.55.png
    Cricket 22 Screenshot 2022.04.10 - 12.14.16.55.png
    2.2 MB · Views: 16
  • Cricket 22 Screenshot 2022.04.10 - 12.14.23.70.png
    Cricket 22 Screenshot 2022.04.10 - 12.14.23.70.png
    2.2 MB · Views: 16
  • Cricket 22 Screenshot 2022.04.10 - 12.14.41.74.png
    Cricket 22 Screenshot 2022.04.10 - 12.14.41.74.png
    2.2 MB · Views: 17
  • Cricket 22 Screenshot 2022.04.10 - 12.14.49.08.png
    Cricket 22 Screenshot 2022.04.10 - 12.14.49.08.png
    2.2 MB · Views: 19
  • Cricket 22 Screenshot 2022.04.10 - 12.24.13.75.png
    Cricket 22 Screenshot 2022.04.10 - 12.24.13.75.png
    2.3 MB · Views: 18
  • Cricket 22 Screenshot 2022.04.10 - 12.24.20.92.png
    Cricket 22 Screenshot 2022.04.10 - 12.24.20.92.png
    2.3 MB · Views: 25
  • Cricket 22 Screenshot 2022.04.10 - 12.24.39.95.png
    Cricket 22 Screenshot 2022.04.10 - 12.24.39.95.png
    2.3 MB · Views: 25
  • Cricket 22 Screenshot 2022.04.10 - 12.24.47.07.png
    Cricket 22 Screenshot 2022.04.10 - 12.24.47.07.png
    2.3 MB · Views: 28

Mouseydread

Associate Captain
Uploaded India 2000s.

What a great era for Indian cricket, with so much talent!

Tendulkar, Dravid, Laxman, Gambhir, Sehwag, Dhoni, Zaheer, Ganguly, Harbajhan, Kumble, Yuvraj, and many more excellent supporting players.

At the time I knew India were a great side, better than the Aussies of the 90s and 2000s? No but the talent was there, they were never truly dominant until say the end of the 2000s when they finally beat Australia in India in 2008/2009 season when this team reached it's peak. However they played exciting cricket and the team is known for controversy as much as brilliance. They had exciting battles with the Aussies and found the South Africans a tough nut to crack also.

Rahul Dravid was the iron man of the side, as he played 102 Test matches and scored over 8500 Test runs more than even Tendulkar.

Uniform is from @wasteyouryouth and the uniform I got from the poster of the CWC 2003 Indian team whose name I cannot see.

Enjoy!
Post automatically merged:

Not sure if this is the right place to post, but I have been doing some work on your Aus 2000 for the kits and a couple bats. More than happy if you want to add these to your players if you ever re-upload.
Most of the work is from existing stuff found around the academy so in no way take any credit, as most of the hard yards were done by others. :thumbs

Adam Gilchrist Puma Ballistic in Orange.
Michael Clarke Slazenger V389.
Shane Warne County.
3 Mobile Test Series kit.
Commonwealth Bank ODI series kit.

The bats are on the academy under chevo, don't seem able to upload the kits (team) as yet as the academy says error try again later.
Thank you man, I will do so! :)

blockerdave

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
Uploaded India 1990s

At the beginning of the decade, Kapil Dev and some of the glamour boys of the 1980s had begun to fade, with the World Cup 1992 being their disappointing swansong. However what happened next was the appearance in the national team of men who as boys had witnessed and been inspired by Indias historic 1983 World Cup win, world cricket was about to enter the era of Sachin Tendulkar.

This team had become strong and mid decade Mohammad Azhurddhin was one of the world's best batsmen, and India would compete for world dominance from here on to date. Funnily enough as much as Sachin was lauded, there was another Bombay batsman who was just as prolifc, if Sachin Tendulkar was the light then Vinod Kambli was the darkness. Imagine if Vinod Kambli had played to his fullest potential or to me more accurate stay disciplined? India would have been nigh on unstoppable.

That said, at the beginning of the decade, with Tendulkar and Kambli, and the ageing stars of the 80s, including the brilliant Azhuraddhin, India still could trot out Sanjay Manrekar, Manoj Prabhakar, Nyan Mongia, underrated Javigal Srinath, Navjot Sidhu, a spin trio of Anil Kumble, Venkat Raju and Rajesh Chahaun, to be joined later in the decade by Rahul Dravid, Sourav Ganguly, and VVS Laxman.

By the end of the decade, Sachin, Kumble, Dravid, Ganguly, and Laxman would enter the 2000s as a group of players who would change the fortunes of India cricket forever.

PS my personal favourite was Javigal Srinath, hugely underated!

Thanks to @wasteyouryouth for the main uniform

Thanks to @Rowdoss for the ODI uniform.
Agree Srinath was underrated - absolute superstar

lexluger

Club Captain
Obviously you have put in a ton of hard work. I really don't feel like playing for any team prior to the 80s as the developer has virtually killed all options that were there for Retro cricket in DBC 14 and 17. Thankfully I don't own the game and have basically borrowed it from a friend.

On a sidenote, I disagree with the player ratings that I see for West Indies 90s and India 90s. That Windies team was very underrated and even the average bowlers on that side like Rose, Dillon, Benjamin, Cuffy, King, etc; had more talent than the best India had to offer. The 90s Indian team was a one dimensional side (Tendulkar and inshallah), had two decent bowlers- Srinath and Kumble, and overall were a disgrace when it came to fielding. Loaded with bang average players and were only marginally better than the likes of Zimbabwe or New Zealand. Indian team in the 90s got battered regularly abroad and in sub-continent conditions looked much inferior to the likes of Sri Lanka and Pakistan. Overall rating for that team should be 79 max.

Mouseydread

Associate Captain
Obviously you have put in a ton of hard work. I really don't feel like playing for any team prior to the 80s as the developer has virtually killed all options that were there for Retro cricket in DBC 14 and 17. Thankfully I don't own the game and have basically borrowed it from a friend.

On a sidenote, I disagree with the player ratings that I see for West Indies 90s and India 90s. That Windies team was very underrated and even the average bowlers on that side like Rose, Dillon, Benjamin, Cuffy, King, etc; had more talent than the best India had to offer. The 90s Indian team was a one dimensional side (Tendulkar and inshallah), had two decent bowlers- Srinath and Kumble, and overall were a disgrace when it came to fielding. Loaded with bang average players and were only marginally better than the likes of Zimbabwe or New Zealand. Indian team in the 90s got battered regularly abroad and in sub-continent conditions looked much inferior to the likes of Sri Lanka and Pakistan. Overall rating for that team should be 79 max.
Hey @lexluger

Thanks for the feedback. It's ok to disagree I don't mind in fact welcome debate.

One of the many beauties of sport is that it is about opinion. As for ratings for the players they are based on a loose formula as well as my own research and memory. Based on that the ratings come out the way they do.

As to your point on the quality of West Indian fast bowlers of the late 90s and 2000, the likes of Rose , King, the Benjamins, yes they were talented, but I don't think there is an argument to support that they succeeded at international level on a consistent basis. Especially when compared to their counterparts of the era or that they performed as well as Srinath or Kumble or Harbhajan, the latter two being spinners.

One look at their test averages for bowling spells it out. They mostly all average comfortably over mid 30s for fast bowlers.

Come to think of it Zaheer Khan was far more consistent and talented than the best of the Windies of that era. Those West Indian bowlers lived off the reputation of Walsh, Ambrose, Bishop and Patterson who were in the group just before them and it that group that hastened the decline of West Indian cricket, which at the time still had talented batsmen, like Lara, Sarwan, Gayle, Hooper, Adams, Chanderpaul and one or two others.

I have mentioned Srinath as being underestimated but not by me, I feel he was better all round bowler than the likes of the Benjamins, Rose, King, Ciffy etc and could get his gas up there with the best of them in his era.

As for the ratings for fielding I tend to take a blanket approach to that unless the fielder was outstanding or poor, or the overall team was really below Test Level.

My mission for the record, is to provide as many players as I can to help everyone build their own universes. Feel free to change the ratings to anything you want to, that the whole point of having an editor,

Put AI vs AI and watch on a green top West Indies 2000s vs India 2000s and you will see the Windies as I have rated them perform as well as they should because pace ratings are taken into account and even though Fidel is not pin point accurate he will bring the chin music!

Cheers!

:)

TORNEDO

Club Cricketer
India
Profile Flag
India
Hey @lexluger

Thanks for the feedback. It's ok to disagree I don't mind in fact welcome debate.

One of the many beauties of sport is that it is about opinion. As for ratings for the players they are based on a loose formula as well as my own research and memory. Based on that the ratings come out the way they do.

As to your point on the quality of West Indian fast bowlers of the late 90s and 2000, the likes of Rose , King, the Benjamins, yes they were talented, but I don't think there is an argument to support that they succeeded at international level on a consistent basis. Especially when compared to their counterparts of the era or that they performed as well as Srinath or Kumble or Harbhajan, the latter two being spinners.

One look at their test averages for bowling spells it out. They mostly all average comfortably over mid 30s for fast bowlers.

Come to think of it Zaheer Khan was far more consistent and talented than the best of the Windies of that era. Those West Indian bowlers lived off the reputation of Walsh, Ambrose, Bishop and Patterson who were in the group just before them and it that group that hastened the decline of West Indian cricket, which at the time still had talented batsmen, like Lara, Sarwan, Gayle, Hooper, Adams, Chanderpaul and one or two others.

I have mentioned Srinath as being underestimated but not by me, I feel he was better all round bowler than the likes of the Benjamins, Rose, King, Ciffy etc and could get his gas up there with the best of them in his era.

As for the ratings for fielding I tend to take a blanket approach to that unless the fielder was outstanding or poor, or the overall team was really below Test Level.

My mission for the record, is to provide as many players as I can to help everyone build their own universes. Feel free to change the ratings to anything you want to, that the whole point of having an editor,

Put AI vs AI and watch on a green top West Indies 2000s vs India 2000s and you will see the Windies as I have rated them perform as well as they should because pace ratings are taken into account and even though Fidel is not pin point accurate he will bring the chin music!

Cheers!

Even Venkatesh Prasad was better bowler in comparison to Rose,King and Cuffy .These West Indian bowlers were fast but Prasad was accurate. Prasad with Srinath made a good opening pair.

lexluger

Club Captain
Hey @lexluger

Cheers!

Appreciate your work as always. Your effort and results are class IMO. Thanks for the explanation too. You have given considerable thought to it and I can see things from your view point.

The likes of Harbhajan were still in a developing phase in the 90s and had virtually zero impact on the world stage. The only reason why India persisted with the likes of Prasad was because their talent pool for slow medium pace bowling was appalling. Srinath was no doubt a good quality medium pacer who could from time to time generate some pace but he was a tier below the likes of Ambrose, Walsh, and Bishop in his prime.

Don't get me started on India's second choice medium pacers like Mohanty, Bannerje, Ankola, Kuruvilla, etc; All of them were not good enough to play for any test side in the 90s.

Last edited:

lexluger

Club Captain
Even Venkatesh Prasad was better bowler in comparison to Rose,King and Cuffy .These West Indian bowlers were fast but Prasad was accurate. Prasad with Srinath made a good opening pair.

He was a medium pacer mate not a quick bowler. I wouldn't call him better in terms of fear factor. He was timid. Granted he had accuracy but if you go based on stats and actual effect he had on the minds of Batsmen back in the day, he was pretty ordinary. I rate him a 70 at his peak. Dillon is a 75, Cuffy is a 71, King is 72 and Rose is 69.

Also I rate the likes of Eddo Brandes, Dion Nash, Dominic Cork, Peter Martin, Alan Mullaly, Geof Allott, Simon Doull, and Dean Headley far above anything India had to offer in the 90s other than Srinath.

Mind you England were a pathetic side in the 90s as well (probably the worst ever group of players in England's history).

South Africa, Australia, Pakistan, Sri Lanka, and West Indies played the best cricket. I include West Indies knowing full well that they were on a precipitous decline from their highs of the 70s and 80s. Nevertheless I attribute it to mismanagement rather than the availability of raw talent. You still had the likes of Lara, Hooper, Chanderpaul, and Richardson, who all were top batsmen and in the bowling department Bishop, Ambrose, and Walsh, who were quite easily up there with the likes of Wasim and Waqar when it came to world class bowling partnerships.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread