Cricket 22 General Discussion thread (Use bug report thread for issues/bugs/crashes | Patch notes in first post)

luckysoni

Associate Cricketer
Profile Flag
India
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Played ipl t20 match yesterday & got 7 wickets of opposition....5 for Pacers and 2 by spinners with all kind of dismissals like bowled , keeper catch, infield outfield catches run out.... And a lot of edges.... Enjoyed a lot... Used custom field set..
But for some reason i can't use custom field set in preset matches.. Only in custom tournaments.... And AI also doesn't use the field despite enabling the option i guess... Any clarification on this?

noys390

County Cricketer
Rarely I have seen AI using custom fields but its mainly the spinners. Even I don't understand on what occasion AI uses the custom fields

Hester

County Cricketer
So, I'm into the 4th test match of my 9 team competition. I chose the wrong pitch type for this match though, plus I updated the stadium but it's showing the old version.

I'm going to restart the competition. I must be mad.

Edit: I'm playing as SA and Quinton will be forced to play all the home games.

Last edited:

smurfygray86

Associate Captain
Really hope the fielding is tweaked a bit in the next patch Had a game last night and in 3 balls my fielder jumped over the ball twice belly down and on the third ball the fielder kicked the ball with his boot when all he had to do was pick it up apart from that the game is good I’ve also noticed the fielder when collecting from near the boundary kind of goes blurry and into slo motion like a lag anyone else has this ? Maybe my new tv I’m thinking of sending it back it fine until the fielder collects from boundary

chintoo02018

Associate Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Really hope the fielding is tweaked a bit in the next patch Had a game last night and in 3 balls my fielder jumped over the ball twice belly down and on the third ball the fielder kicked the ball with his boot when all he had to do was pick it up apart from that the game is good I’ve also noticed the fielder when collecting from near the boundary kind of goes blurry and into slo motion like a lag anyone else has this ? Maybe my new tv I’m thinking of sending it back it fine until the fielder collects from boundary

have you created the ticket,

My Some Points

1 - fielders inside the when dive , they slowly react to return the bowl single taken easily.
2 - Hitting the stump is slow after bowler got return or wicketkeeper.
3- Throw is slow by fielders

Hester

County Cricketer
I'm tweaking/testing some settings for my batting and I was wondering what other people have their "shot timing difficulty" set to. Mine is on 46.

Hester

County Cricketer
I can't remember who had asked me but we had been discussing how we both found hard batting too easy but hardest batting too hard.
These are the settings I have now for hard. I haven't changed any settings listed below these ones, but I might if these don't work well. So far, these settings are keeping me focused!

Edit: I should add that I have AI on Veteran with 95 bowl quality.
29c6f5de-5449-48f9-abc7-2e155c583d51.png

Last edited:

cricboi

Club Captain
Has anyone figured out how to fix the catching mini game issue where it switches camera angles but doesn't trigger it?
Had a very funny experience yesterday where the AI had clearly scheduled to lose a wicket and I got 4 straight fly balls to long on that all went for 6 because the mini game wasn't triggered. Finally on the 5th my guy caught it but I felt like I was stuck in some prank.

Hester

County Cricketer
I can't remember who had asked me but we had been discussing how we both found hard batting too easy but hardest batting too hard.
These are the settings I have now for hard. I haven't changed any settings listed below these ones, but I might if these don't work well. So far, these settings are keeping me focused!

Edit: I should add that I have AI on Veteran with 95 bowl quality.
View attachment 266556
And here's the day 1 effort. I found it quite tough but not so it wasn't enjoyable. Horrible lbw for Elgar though...

Edit: I'm now going to the pub

Attachments

• 5b1f3e34-d67e-4879-8c96-15ea7bff225d.png
    5b1f3e34-d67e-4879-8c96-15ea7bff225d.png
    643.6 KB · Views: 30

stylo9000

School Cricketer
Can anyone tell how to reduce the number of edges one gives while not tinkering with footwork placement?
I usually only bat but i feel im always on the edge and i never know which shot i will middle and which i will nick
something to think about for our slider creators... getting the average number of false shots per dismissal to be true to life. statistics say that on average, test batsmen get out once per every 10-11 false shots. i've noticed on some of the more difficult custom sliders that the number is more like, out after 1-2 false shots. which feels like constantly getting unlucky rather than a rating of skill.

A batter who is dismissed on the third or fourth false shot (which is a shot where the batter is not in control), is less lucky than one who is dismissed on the 23rd or 24th false shot. There are between ten and 11 false shots per dismissal for a batter in Test cricket, on average. So the former batter in the example above is less lucky than the average batter, while the latter is luckier than the average batter. Luck, here, is not the opposite of skill. Luck represents merely the gap between the average outcome for a given set of actions, and the outcome in any specific case.

Disharies

#ready2strike
RCB...
LQ
Sydney Thunder
Manchester Originals
TPCL Titans
Profile Flag
Nepal
@MattW Will Big Ant release patch with new England 'Castore' kits for 2022?

Rumple43

Survival Games Finalist
Survival Games Finalist
Profile Flag
England
@MattW Will Big Ant release patch with new England 'Castore' kits for 2022?
My thought is probably not, purely because this is the game of the Ashes 2020/21, which is when England's kit and sponsors were as they appeared at the time.

As much as fans we'd like to keep the game up to date, it is correct as of the series it is related to.

Unless they have updated this kind of thing in previous versions, but I'd be pleasantly surprised if they did.

Users who are viewing this thread