Career Mode in Cricket 22 (Discuss your career here)

stylo9000

School Cricketer
age 24, dropped from state team for poor form, play abroad, become "very close" to selected for India lol. to be fair my bowling form has been great

20220427171622_1.jpg

Sparks

Club Captain
Profile Flag
England
So finally decided to submit a couple of tickets as I generally don't think BA are aware of issues with career mode otherwise surely they would of done something about it especially the easy fixes. I have mentioned many faults, bugs, items missing etc in the past but my biggest 2 and the ones I have submitted are...

1.. The ability to see the final league table after you finish a competition along with the player stats. (This is unbelievable that you actually can't)

2.. Being able to see players career stats from the lineup selection screen. (I mean how do they think we should select lineups? If we like there name?!)

If you guys agree it would be great to also submit same tickets so they know that players actually play career mode and we are not happy with what they promised and what they actually delivered. These fixes are not gameplay so should surely be really easy to implement

moon89

School Cricketer
I'm currently playing in the England test team, is the Ashes Vs Australia but I also have a test series against India running at the same time haha.

Sparks

Club Captain
Profile Flag
England
I'm currently playing in the England test team, is the Ashes Vs Australia but I also have a test series against India running at the same time haha.
Exactly what im saying its ridiculous that they haven't sorted this out

MatrixNeo14

Club Captain
Profile Flag
South Africa
So finally decided to submit a couple of tickets as I generally don't think BA are aware of issues with career mode otherwise surely they would of done something about it especially the easy fixes. I have mentioned many faults, bugs, items missing etc in the past but my biggest 2 and the ones I have submitted are...

1.. The ability to see the final league table after you finish a competition along with the player stats. (This is unbelievable that you actually can't)

2.. Being able to see players career stats from the lineup selection screen. (I mean how do they think we should select lineups? If we like there name?!)

If you guys agree it would be great to also submit same tickets so they know that players actually play career mode and we are not happy with what they promised and what they actually delivered. These fixes are not gameplay so should surely be really easy to implement
Spot on... I agree with all of these points and being able to see the dates of an upcoming series/competition before you decide to sign for that team should also be an option. This should also help avoid having to play in overlapping matches.

I'm very happy to see that we can now customize our club teams at least, but I haven't been bothered to start a proper 2nd career yet.

I mean, press conferences are still a mess. Win a series 2-0 and 3-0 and the questions are still about how did we draw/lose the series. I play my 1st match in a while and the 2nd ball I bowl gets played to short fine leg en he proceeds to chuck the ball for 4 overthrows. The stupid "dab" played against a spinner that goes between the keeper and 2nd slip like a rocket, is still there. And the run out mechanic that was supposed to be the next best thing in C22, in the 6 months I've been playing the game I haven't had the thing work even once. It goes into slow motion for a few seconds and then nothing happens. On top of that, fatigue and injuries aren't even a factor. I haven't used the gym or the fatigue management option for a few months now and my player is still top fit and in good condition.

So yes, there has been a lot of improvement in the game, for which we are very thankful, but I think most people have lost interest in C22. I was much more engaged, almost addicted to playing DBC17 and C19. So I'm a little disappointed that I've started to lose interest in C22 so quickly due to so many things not working as we were hoping they would. So I really do hope career mode can be sorted out once and for all so we can put in the same hours we did as in previous games.

smurfygray86

Associate Captain

Bang on. Just submitted a ticket as a suggestion

smurfygray86

Associate Captain
Spot on... I agree with all of these points and being able to see the dates of an upcoming series/competition before you decide to sign for that team should also be an option. This should also help avoid having to play in overlapping matches.

I'm very happy to see that we can now customize our club teams at least, but I haven't been bothered to start a proper 2nd career yet.

I mean, press conferences are still a mess. Win a series 2-0 and 3-0 and the questions are still about how did we draw/lose the series. I play my 1st match in a while and the 2nd ball I bowl gets played to short fine leg en he proceeds to chuck the ball for 4 overthrows. The stupid "dab" played against a spinner that goes between the keeper and 2nd slip like a rocket, is still there. And the run out mechanic that was supposed to be the next best thing in C22, in the 6 months I've been playing the game I haven't had the thing work even once. It goes into slow motion for a few seconds and then nothing happens. On top of that, fatigue and injuries aren't even a factor. I haven't used the gym or the fatigue management option for a few months now and my player is still top fit and in good condition.

So yes, there has been a lot of improvement in the game, for which we are very thankful, but I think most people have lost interest in C22. I was much more engaged, almost addicted to playing DBC17 and C19. So I'm a little disappointed that I've started to lose interest in C22 so quickly due to so many things not working as we were hoping they would. So I really do hope career mode can be sorted out once and for all so we can put in the same hours we did as in previous games.
Agree with all of this I’ve just started another career mode (did 12 years before) like you say surely seeing dates coming up and certain stats must be available for us to view the fact you can’t see tables of previous tournaments is crazy You can now look back on previous games scorecards which you couldn’t before so that’s a start but lots more to sort out

jabbathehut

County Cricketer
These fixture collision issues have been there from the first game they made it ruins the immersion a bit not sure why this hasn't been sorted.Shouldn't be that difficult in fact it should be incorporated in the came such as do you want to play the last 2 county games and try and catch the selectors eyes or do you want to leave now and play in the CPL .Players face these types of scenario's all the time.

jabbathehut

County Cricketer
Spoke too soon.In the middle of the sheffield shield season.Have a press conference,completly random-my first one.Next thing I am waiting 80 days for the Pakistan T 20 to begin.IDd i insult someone at the press conference lol.

Bootsey

Club Cricketer
I've just been drafted for the 100 as a top player for the Northern Superchargers, would have preferred the Oval Invincibles as they are my team, but I'm playing for Yorkshire so guess that's why, looking forward to it tho, I play as a fast bowler so expect to be pumped, quite a few matches to go yet, but gonna be interesting

smurfygray86

Associate Captain
I've just been drafted for the 100 as a top player for the Northern Superchargers, would have preferred the Oval Invincibles as they are my team, but I'm playing for Yorkshire so guess that's why, looking forward to it tho, I play as a fast bowler so expect to be pumped, quite a few matches to go yet, but gonna be interesting
Good luck and make sure you perform I didn’t perform in my first game and was straight out of the line up

manu690

School Cricketer
hey guys , does anyone knows , how the proficiency increase in career mode ?

Is everybody stop playing this game ? coz nobody reply anymore .. or its just nobody know how PROFICIENCIES work in career mode ???
Anyone ???

jabbathehut

County Cricketer
Well it just gets more and more bizarre.I am in the middle of the psl season and i get the offer from England to play in the upcoming t20 series against sri lanka. As soon as i accept i am whisked off to the England camp to meet the players.Actually a decent cut scene for a change and them as if by magic the shopkeeper appears i am whisked back to the psl to finish the season.I am also offered the chance to play in the upcoming odi series for England but no meet and greet this time.After the psl season which ends on glorious failure by one run I then link back up to NSW to finish the Sheffield shield season.

Last edited:

Hughesy_33

School Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
What are the point of the press conferences. They just seem a waste of time, get asked silly questions then have some random answers then walk off.
The timing is strange with the leagues as well. Captaining Victoria in the Sheffield shield after the 2nd game I get asked to play a an English county. PLay 1 game for the County team then the season is over for them and I am back to Victoria again.

Sponsors also seem a little pointless, not sure if they actually make any difference at all.

Users who are viewing this thread