Scout for Cricket Captain 2021 (Release)

weetabixharry

Associate Captain
Profile Flag
England
Dear @weetabixharry Cricket Captain 2022 released yesterday. Not much different from the previous version though.
@Prashanth S Kharche There have been a lot of internal changes to the game this year. I have been working on the editor (and scout) for about 10 days, but it's going to take a while before it is ready. In terms of the internal data structure, this is the biggest change for many years.

The aggression system has been expanded (there are now separate aggressions for red-ball and white-ball cricket), and also there are some new combinations of opener types supported for FC and OD cricket. The coaching system has been expanded significantly. The way the internal data is stored for retired and current players has also changed completely.

So far, I have managed to load up the player data in both the editor and scout, but it's going to take some time to connect all the different parts of the new data structure back into the editor. The problem is that even a small change to the data structure means I need to find everything again from scratch. A few of the basic things (like date of birth and nationality) are working fine, but the rest needs a lot of work. In particular, the new aggression system is quite confusing at the moment.

Prashanth S Kharche

Club Captain
@Prashanth S Kharche There have been a lot of internal changes to the game this year. I have been working on the editor (and scout) for about 10 days, but it's going to take a while before it is ready. In terms of the internal data structure, this is the biggest change for many years.

The aggression system has been expanded (there are now separate aggressions for red-ball and white-ball cricket), and also there are some new combinations of opener types supported for FC and OD cricket. The coaching system has been expanded significantly. The way the internal data is stored for retired and current players has also changed completely.

So far, I have managed to load up the player data in both the editor and scout, but it's going to take some time to connect all the different parts of the new data structure back into the editor. The problem is that even a small change to the data structure means I need to find everything again from scratch. A few of the basic things (like date of birth and nationality) are working fine, but the rest needs a lot of work. In particular, the new aggression system is quite confusing at the moment.

Wow! At the outset, seemed a very minor update from last year. Very heartening to hear that so many changes have been made to the aggression system across various formats.

Many thanks for working on the editor. Eleborate changes to the player attributes no doubt will make it very challenging, I concede. Looking forward to the editor and scout as still there are many database shortcomings in this version too.

Users who are viewing this thread