Cricket 22 General Discussion thread (Use bug report thread for issues/bugs/crashes | Patch notes in first post)

smurfygray86

Associate Captain
I get that everyone plays the game differently, but I have zero desire to play Big XI, and they've spent time and resource implementing that when I'm unsure if anyone was crying out for it?

Likewise, I've zero need/interest for cross-play and everything that entails. I play offline, on my own, 100% of the time. To that end, it's just wasted resource that could have been spent elsewhere for me personally.

That said, BA have different goals to me as a consumer, so it is what it is.

Bring back the cloud talk ...
Big X1 is poor tried it a few times it feels like the game when it was first released I’d love to know how many people play it. If it was the same feel and looks as offline gane it would be good as I like to play other people like on fifa etc that is the future for the makers but at the minute it’s miles off

imported_beatle

Club Captain
Online Cricket Games Owned
I get that everyone plays the game differently, but I have zero desire to play Big XI, and they've spent time and resource implementing that when I'm unsure if anyone was crying out for it?

Likewise, I've zero need/interest for cross-play and everything that entails. I play offline, on my own, 100% of the time. To that end, it's just wasted resource that could have been spent elsewhere for me personally.

That said, BA have different goals to me as a consumer, so it is what it is.

Bring back the cloud talk ...
I totally agree.I always play offline.They should have sorted all the modes of play out and got them playing faultlessly before introducing new ones.I've got a strange feeling when cross play is introduced it will introduce a whole s** t of problems.

Mr Snrub

International Coach
I apologize if my language caused offence I really do.
All of the specific issue you guys face are all there and you guys are right but maybe my choice of words was bad.
The thing is my point was there are some illogical errors in the basic gameplay which make the overall experience goofy there is a need for step by step improvement and I think the basics come first.
Cheers guys its just my frustration because we take time out for the game and after spending long hours we find a way to evade the AI and game seems to go against the logics of the game.
Don't worry I wouldn't say you caused any offense, was just like you've said here, probably not the greatest choice of words.

Anyhow, in relation to that issue you mentioned, yeah I've found myself shuffling over to the off-side a little and working the ball through square-leg and it does seem like there's an almost certain free run there a lot of the time.

Like you've sort've suggested, it seems the fielder is too slow in their pick up and return. This is a problem in many areas of the field, especially with the deep boundary fielders. Last night I had one manage a tap-back, great I thought, until he slowly raised to his feet, walked to the ball, and then threw it back casually. They didn't get an extra run, they got TWO!

At one stage of one patch, fielders were running fast and diving full stretch for the ball and returning pretty quick, I liked that. Now they're back to hardly trying. They chase alright, but the long dive is gone and the pick up has slowed down again, badly at times!

So yeah I agree with you actually. If they sped up all players pick up and return, it'd remove a few areas where people are milking free runs.

Zxcvbn

School Cricketer
Don't worry I wouldn't say you caused any offense, was just like you've said here, probably not the greatest choice of words.

Anyhow, in relation to that issue you mentioned, yeah I've found myself shuffling over to the off-side a little and working the ball through square-leg and it does seem like there's an almost certain free run there a lot of the time.

Like you've sort've suggested, it seems the fielder is too slow in their pick up and return. This is a problem in many areas of the field, especially with the deep boundary fielders. Last night I had one manage a tap-back, great I thought, until he slowly raised to his feet, walked to the ball, and then threw it back casually. They didn't get an extra run, they got TWO!

At one stage of one patch, fielders were running fast and diving full stretch for the ball and returning pretty quick, I liked that. Now they're back to hardly trying. They chase alright, but the long dive is gone and the pick up has slowed down again, badly at times!

So yeah I agree with you actually. If they sped up all players pick up and return, it'd remove a few areas where people are milking free runs.
Exactly! Im hoping against hope that they do take care of all of the player issues in their next game because as far as raising tickets and hoping for a good patch is concerned it does not look too good

AnkitC

International Coach
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Hey lads, so I'm playing Cricket 22 on my Xbox Series X with Game Pass and I cannot for the life of me, access the Academy?

Anyone else facing the issue?

Rumple43

Survival Games Finalist
Survival Games Finalist
Profile Flag
England
I totally agree.I always play offline.They should have sorted all the modes of play out and got them playing faultlessly before introducing new ones.I've got a strange feeling when cross play is introduced it will introduce a whole s** t of problems.
Don't get me wrong as I don't want to come across as negative, I still play this game most days and I've put a fair amount into content creation, writing, videos, plus sliders of course, to showcase what this game can do.

For me, it just seems like a relatively simple premise. No matter what new game modes are added, or additional ways to play together, all those roads still lead back to the same place and that is on the pitch. It's the gameplay.

Are people pulled in and kept entertained by the number of avenues they have to play? Career, play now, Big XI, competitions, tours, all the rest? Or by the experience they have once they're playing? Surely it's the latter, but each to their own.

Gameplay, plus clouds. Those are the two. Nail those and you're golden :yes:

Wealey

ICC Board Member
Don't get me wrong as I don't want to come across as negative, I still play this game most days and I've put a fair amount into content creation, writing, videos, plus sliders of course, to showcase what this game can do.

For me, it just seems like a relatively simple premise. No matter what new game modes are added, or additional ways to play together, all those roads still lead back to the same place and that is on the pitch. It's the gameplay.

Are people pulled in and kept entertained by the number of avenues they have to play? Career, play now, Big XI, competitions, tours, all the rest? Or by the experience they have once they're playing? Surely it's the latter, but each to their own.

Gameplay, plus clouds. Those are the two. Nail those and you're golden :yes:

And accessibility!!!!

chintoo02018

Associate Cricketer
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC

fielding is really big problem, Even inside circle slow response of fielders, Why fielder throw ball in mid wickets to bowler

It looks more like drunken fielders are there

Leonards19

School Cricketer
Has anyone gloved one only for the ball to go completely nuts and somehow end up in the keepers gloves? Happened to me yesterday where it smashed into the glove it was heading for the ground before 2nd slip yet mysteriously ended up in the wicket keepers gloves.

Mr Snrub

International Coach
fielding is really big problem, Even inside circle slow response of fielders, Why fielder throw ball in mid wickets to bowler

It looks more like drunken fielders are there
It seems to be the slowness in their movement to ground, pick-up and throwing. Chasing is alright, it seems in line with the coverage stat.

The parts that are an issue are not down to player stats either, have checked that out, they're just like very old people in their crouch and pick-up in particular.

As for throwing to the bowler mid-wicket, well that's where they'll be post-delivery for a few seconds, so I sort've understand that. The keeper though! Several times they're not getting in the right receiving line and are at times at least 10+m away from the stumps in the middle of nowhere.

What about throwing in with the shot-at-the-stumps method and people getting in the way and constantly intercepting what could/would be a run-out?

On top of that overthrows are happening much more now, even when not throwing in with the shot-at-the-stumps method.

The theory is that MattW is supposed to be a support link to Planet Cricket, but he's barely visible for a loooong time now. We were told that Big Ant would make up for the incredibly bad launch product, but still every game has multiple issues that we have to overlook as we have a basically functional game now.

It seems that the real current attention is all for messing with pirates. The numerous ways they've spent their time devising these manipulatible pirating bugs must've taken quite the piece of development time. Well at least it sure sounds like that's one area that things are working flawlessly.

smurfygray86

Associate Captain
Question for all the veterans on here as C22 is my first BA cricket game only ever played Rugby League live of which the 3rd version was actually better gameplay than the 4th.

I’ve only played on cricket 19 for a couple of overs to see what the graphics and gameplay were like (had to turn off after seeing the Oversized helmets).

Would you say C22 overall gameplay has improved on C19 ? The graphics are certainly better from what I’ve seen (ps5) but just wondering if the basics have improved, decreased or more or less the same as I see so much negativity on here think most is out of frustration just thinking is it because the gameplay has gone backwards ?

Zxcvbn

School Cricketer
Can anyone tell where is the save file for the game located so I can just download my favourite teams once and keep a copy of the file so I can use it if my files get corrupted.
It once happened and I had to download a the teams again which was a pain.
Help will be appreciated

Mr Snrub

International Coach
Question for all the veterans on here as C22 is my first BA cricket game only ever played Rugby League live of which the 3rd version was actually better gameplay than the 4th.

I’ve only played on cricket 19 for a couple of overs to see what the graphics and gameplay were like (had to turn off after seeing the Oversized helmets).

Would you say C22 overall gameplay has improved on C19 ? The graphics are certainly better from what I’ve seen (ps5) but just wondering if the basics have improved, decreased or more or less the same as I see so much negativity on here think most is out of frustration just thinking is it because the gameplay has gone backwards ?
Hard to say exactly. At first it was a huge regression from C'19 in many ways, especially in the main gameplay.

Now it's somewhat better in several areas, but still worse in a few. The fielding is still more buggy than C'19. Amongst many things I didn't mention last night the game is still displaying a white vector line along the ball's path and sometimes the visual indicators around the ball disappear for some reason.

The batting is as good as C'19 for many shots, almost slightly too good for the straight drive, but there's currently a thing where back-foot straight drives nearly always nick off to the keeper or slips.

In C'22 bowling caught and bowleds hardly exist, not even for grossly mistimed straight drives or ones that become leading edges.

Overall, it's a bunch of step forwards and a few steps backwards. People are probably sounding disappointed because this is about the 6th version and many things that have been fixed have become unfixed which is even happening patch to patch on this version. (For example the quick sprinting dive of the fielders on the boundary, where they got up quick and threw seems gone now too).

gkvarma18

Associate Cricketer
Profile Flag
India
Rain visibility along with overcast weather should be choosen in options menu if we wish in game as like Cricket 19. At present it's always Sunny and shadows. Game needs variety of weather in different conditions. Please comment if anyone wants this feature in-game.

chintoo02018

Associate Cricketer
There are fielding we know, But more problem comes when every teams (either strong or lazy teams) fielders are lazy and drunk fielders.

Users who are viewing this thread