Cricket 22 General Discussion thread (Use bug report thread for issues/bugs/crashes | Patch notes in first post)

Langeveldt

Panel of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  4. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
7-40 Ashwin, 4-13 Yasir Shah on a green top, pacers going for normal runs.. is it still the case that the AI cannot play spin on any difficulty?

Wavelberry

International Cricketer
7-40 Ashwin, 4-13 Yasir Shah on a green top, pacers going for normal runs.. is it still the case that the AI cannot play spin on any difficulty?
Just bowled over 100 overs on a grassy slow pitch and my pacers took 4fer for over 100 while my main spinner took 5-60 odd... make of that what you will.

Hester

County Cricketer
They can't play any player that bowls spin. Just pick a team full of batsmen, don't bother with bowlers because you don't need any.

wasteyouryouth

Verified
Admin
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Just bowled over 100 overs on a grassy slow pitch and my pacers took 4fer for over 100 while my main spinner took 5-60 odd... make of that what you will.
I've always felt like the games apply the 'if it seams, it spins' theory. Which I've always assumed to be a myth and just spinners trying to justify their selection.

A quick google search suggests it is.

Langeveldt

Panel of Selectors
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  4. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
They can't play any player that bowls spin. Just pick a team full of batsmen, don't bother with bowlers because you don't need any.

Then surely we need this sorted out, or has the game been left on the shelf ready for the next iteration?

Hester

County Cricketer
Then surely we need this sorted out, or has the game been left on the shelf ready for the next iteration?
It probably has imo. I don't know what the underlying issue is but it's a problem with bat pad/boot dismissals. If they were removed from the game then spinners would probably only take the same amount of wickets as the quickies. And every team would score 1000 runs.

However, watching AI v AI games, the fast bowlers get loads of edges for catches. Just seems humans can't.

I think the game's broken and all we can do is tweak it to get something that's half way enjoyable. I'm playing every match through gritted teeth at the moment.

Edit; having said that, I think a good solution would be letting us have a separate wicket chance slider for pace and spin bowling.

Last edited:

Hester

County Cricketer
If anyone needs some pace bowling therapy, I can highly recommend putting wicket chance to 100.

Mr Snrub

International Coach
Well in the absence of any actual communication from Matt or Big Ant, we're left to figure out what's going on. For me the biggest clue is that the amount of communication we've had was very strong at and around the release date. Since then communication has slowly but surely died out.

Coincidentally, the release date is when the most money is to be made and since then the opportunity to make as much money has slowly, but surely died out. Make of that what you will! :lol

Mr Snrub

International Coach
Not sure what you're expecting. That's pretty standard for every game release and communication. Not to mention every time Matt does reply to one comment, the forums turn to this:

View attachment 267171
Well that lack of communication is possibly also the case in relation to your issue with people stealing credit for your academy creations, still doesn't stop us discussing things. Wouldn't be much of a forum if people couldn't discuss what pleases and doesn't please them, as you've illustrated yourself. :)

Just because it's standard behaviour as you put it for game developers to care about their community while the money flows in, it still doesn't make it a good idea for everyone. We all might have differing views on that.

As for every time Matt posts one comment, no I don't think the forums turn to that every time. Actually that picture is very vague in it's implication.

Talking about the forums, in fact recently they've been pretty dead for a while with very few posts in a lot of areas. If people are in total agreement and there's no points to debate/discuss then everyone goes away and the forums lose their interest.

What you're unsure of what I'm expecting, is that some of the suggestions that some more of the things Big Ant have said they'd do would actually happen. This game had an undeniably poor start and many things have been fixed and rebroken. I'd like communication that suggests that people can still hope for improvements and repairs to the poor features within this game. Big Ant have fixed the state of the game in a lot of areas and that's great, but there's more to do before I'd consider this was a value for money title.

For just one small instance, it'd be nice if they actually did proper licensed faces for New Zealand and Ireland. If you defend those as "quality licensed product" as it stands, then I'm not sure we could agree on anything.

Anyhow, stop worrying if the forums have some disagreement. It might actually bring them back to life.

noys390

County Cricketer
I think BigAnt would still be adding new liscenced team, stadium, jersy or other cosmetic changes but it is very likely, cricket 22 is dead in terms of further gameplay or AI improvements.

GuyIncognito

Chairman of Selectors
AUS..
RCB...
MS
Melbourne Stars
Birmingham Phoenix
The Boys
Profile Flag
Australia
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Well that lack of communication is possibly also the case in relation to your issue with people stealing credit for your academy creations, still doesn't stop us discussing things. Wouldn't be much of a forum if people couldn't discuss what pleases and doesn't please them, as you've illustrated yourself. :)

Just because it's standard behaviour as you put it for game developers to care about their community while the money flows in, it still doesn't make it a good idea for everyone. We all might have differing views on that.

As for every time Matt posts one comment, no I don't think the forums turn to that every time. Actually that picture is very vague in it's implication.

Talking about the forums, in fact recently they've been pretty dead for a while with very few posts in a lot of areas. If people are in total agreement and there's no points to debate/discuss then everyone goes away and the forums lose their interest.

What you're unsure of what I'm expecting, is that some of the suggestions that some more of the things Big Ant have said they'd do would actually happen. This game had an undeniably poor start and many things have been fixed and rebroken. I'd like communication that suggests that people can still hope for improvements and repairs to the poor features within this game. Big Ant have fixed the state of the game in a lot of areas and that's great, but there's more to do before I'd consider this was a value for money title.

For just one small instance, it'd be nice if they actually did proper licensed faces for New Zealand and Ireland. If you defend those as "quality licensed product" as it stands, then I'm not sure we could agree on anything.

Anyhow, stop worrying if the forums have some disagreement. It might actually bring them back to life.
Jeez. Putting enough words in my mouth there mate?

GuyIncognito

Chairman of Selectors
AUS..
RCB...
MS
Melbourne Stars
Birmingham Phoenix
The Boys
Profile Flag
Australia
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Does Anyone Know How to Attach Playface to Umpire?
I think its bugged, tried a while back and it never attaches the template.

Users who are viewing this thread