Cricket 22 General Discussion thread (Use bug report thread for issues/bugs/crashes | Patch notes in first post)

Hester

County Cricketer
Is there just me that is surprised it's taken this long to sort the ball onto boot issue? I assumed it was still there because whatever coding was there meant it couldn't be fixed for whatever reason.
They were working on cross play
Post automatically merged:

Re bat boot, I may be going mad, but I think the ball comes off the bat a little more to the side, so this should eradicate most bat boot issues. Could be a game changer as they accounted for about half of my spin wickets per innings.

Mr Snrub

International Coach
Played a few overs after new patch , ball travel / bounce off bat is much reduced , assume that is a fix for boot / bat catches , means no easy singles offside anymore to spinners
I have played the one game and agree that it seems that the default shot force seems to have been reduced. I already had mine reduced, so I noticed that "good" straight drives and other shots wouldn't travel for four so easily. "Ideal" still seems to make it there, but it slows a lot more along the way.

Whether this is the same factor removing bat/boot catches is probably something else to check in it's own right, maybe by raising shot force a little?

In any case, as this decrease in shot force doesn't seem to have been mentioned in the patch notes, it does suggest that there could be some other changes we haven't noticed quite yet.

smurfygray86

Associate Captain
I have played the one game and agree that it seems that the default shot force seems to have been reduced. I already had mine reduced, so I noticed that "good" straight drives and other shots wouldn't travel for four so easily. "Ideal" still seems to make it there, but it slows a lot more along the way.

Whether this is the same factor removing bat/boot catches is probably something else to check in it's own right, maybe by raising shot force a little?

In any case, as this decrease in shot force doesn't seem to have been mentioned in the patch notes, it does suggest that there could be some other changes we haven't noticed quite yet.
I’ve played an hour in career mode which has always been a little off and one thing I have noticed more than anything is the scripted wickets (maybe I’ve only just noticed but I don’t think it was this bad before) the batsman will hit the same shot to the exact same fielder until he finds him whether that takes 2 shots or 5 and the one where you can bowl 3/4 times and the AI will miss or edge it non stop until you hit the right spot fir the wicket basically bowling at a sitting duck

Also I think the WK reaction time is still way way too slow it’s beyond belief

GuyIncognito

Chairman of Selectors
AUS..
RCB...
MS
Melbourne Stars
Birmingham Phoenix
The Boys
Profile Flag
Australia
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
I’ve played an hour in career mode which has always been a little off and one thing I have noticed more than anything is the scripted wickets (maybe I’ve only just noticed but I don’t think it was this bad before) the batsman will hit the same shot to the exact same fielder until he finds him whether that takes 2 shots or 5 and the one where you can bowl 3/4 times and the AI will miss or edge it non stop until you hit the right spot fir the wicket basically bowling at a sitting duck

I first noticed the scripted wickets in C19's last few months after the WI dlc. C22 was fine in that regard until the last month or so, batsman will edge it until out or hit to a fielder until out, really annoying.

Mr Snrub

International Coach

Have definitely had the repeated misses and edges leading up to a wicket. It feels like it just wants a slight variance from whatever you're bowling, (maybe a length modifier on or off, or an effort ball or something), then bang here's the wicket we've been trying to give you for the last few balls.

I don't mind it for 2-3 balls, as it's like probing a weakness, but they don't overcome it if you don't find the right variance to get them out. I've bowled 4 ball's making slight changes and gotten a batsman out on the 5th before.

Kiko_97

User Title Purchaser
Profile Flag
England
I first noticed the scripted wickets in C19's last few months after the WI dlc. C22 was fine in that regard until the last month or so, batsman will edge it until out or hit to a fielder until out, really annoying.
The one which always bugs me is how bowleds play out, not sure if it's a quirk in the old code but seems the batsman always plays inside the line like it's predetermined the ball's hitting the stumps.

Plus seeing every ball send the stumps cartwheeling is a bit excessive.

Gamer Pradosh

Survival Games Champion
India
CSK
Survival Games Champion
Profile Flag
India
The thing which bugs me the most is, the keep seeing the potential the game has in terms of making it the ultimate cricket experience but its always the same loop of not being able to reach there again and again and again because they release at a stage where they have to work their @sses off to get to a position where the game is playable and then after that to make things reach to a certain level to call it a "new game" but slowly it starts to diminish right at the point where you feel like now would be the time to get the game to work on things that could make the gameplay feel like proper cricket and then it slows down to a level you dont even know what can or cannot be done so you get back on that loop until the next game.. I am not sure the things they can establish with this game with the aggressive patching they are doing now but its just sad seeing another game not reaching its potential to become a huge base for the next iteration..

Things like different dismissals, the ball physics with better control, inside edges and outside issues, not to forget the revamped fielding they were talking about still missing the balls coming straight at them ending up as fake dive to let the ball literally pass through or the deep fielder getting hit on the body to stop the ball rather than responding to the ball and throw it back..

Rhone

International Cricketer
I think the forward defensive has been completely nerfed. It's impossible to nudge singles with it now...it's like the ball hits a sponge. Probably related to trying to fix bat onto boot....

Last edited:

smurfygray86

Associate Captain
I think the forward defensive has been completely nerfed. It's impossible to nudge singles with it now...it's like the ball his a sponge. Probably related to trying to fix bat onto boot....
Not batted yet just bowled after patch is it a mess or ok ? Seems by trying to fix certain things it messes up or totally changes things with links to it. Going round in circles fir 6 months now I still play the game every day but it’s getting tedious now with certain stuff especially the fact you can’t take wickets with the quicks and if it wasn’t for this forum with explanations and changes of the sliders etc I would not have a clue what was going on and the sliders are a huge part of the game if you want something that resembles a realistic cricket game

smurfygray86

Associate Captain
The one which always bugs me is how bowleds play out, not sure if it's a quirk in the old code but seems the batsman always plays inside the line like it's predetermined the ball's hitting the stumps.

Plus seeing every ball send the stumps cartwheeling is a bit excessive.
Yeh sometimes you just sit back and think does making myself good at this game have any baring whatsoever on the outcome or are we taking part in something that already has an outcome.

Rhone

International Cricketer
Not batted yet just bowled after patch is it a mess or ok ? Seems by trying to fix certain things it messes up or totally changes things with links to it. Going round in circles fir 6 months now I still play the game every day but it’s getting tedious now with certain stuff especially the fact you can’t take wickets with the quicks and if it wasn’t for this forum with explanations and changes of the sliders etc I would not have a clue what was going on and the sliders are a huge part of the game if you want something that resembles a realistic cricket game

I wouldn't say it's a mess...just one fun thing has been removed to help fix an annoying thing. Batting seemed fine otherwise...l just like prodding singles with a forward defensive and there isn't a slider for that!

Gamefroggy

Associate Cricketer
Profile Flag
South Africa
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Can anyone recommend a username for teams of years 2000 to 2010 please

Users who are viewing this thread