Cricket 22 General Discussion thread (Use bug report thread for issues/bugs/crashes | Patch notes in first post)

SloppyMane

Constructive User Title
Profile Flag
India
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Its understandable from the Developer pov to call it a day after like 6 months, but issue here is the state that this game was released.

I think it would be fair to say that we all got a game branded as cricket 22 but in reality the basic standards were lower than even that of C19, we only reached a playable state after some months of patching.

Which leads into the rapid patching spree, where the team were in a loop basically, they put a patch to solve 'a' but unintentionally break 'b' which they swear they didn't, until the whole of community cries on it for weeks then they solve it and repeat!
That vicious cycle continued on and on.

During the course of all this patching shenanigans, lot of the players entirely stopped playing the game or some desperate like me were still trying to make things work by putting out posts in here or through the support site and even the poor souls who took to twitter which were all met with some enlightened souls who advised to 'get a life' and yes this famous user title.

I knew this point would come eventually one day or other, this is why I was worried when people were on discussions about freaking clouds and rain when the basic fundamentals of the sport are in disarray! (despite c22 succeeding c19 which was a good base)

Right now, I'm at a point I genuinely can't get myself to bowl to the AI and I can only play batting(obv with few restarts) with all the petty nuance slider values tuned and even that doesn't save me in some matches where irrespective of what I play or how, the game is just coded to make me think 'I just can't bat'..

Fielding I'm just gonna quote their word from pre-release articles "overhauled fielding" among all the other promising stuff they spoke about.

I made a decision to start my career once the AI is tuned well during release time, Because in C19 it was either I was gonna have a 5fer match and hit 200 or delve into a pit of not knowing the spelling for cricket, it was always like it was predetermined rather than me having any remote impact on the game and sadly I still haven't started it..

I would like to mention the efforts of our physics slider values mate Rumple here who had me interested for some brief weeks since it showed how much potential this game had on offer which could be surely amazing but unfortunately not to be, when the base game is not in the optimal level you can only engross to look beyond for a short duration.

I still hope and pray that C22 shouldn't go off like yet another 'it-had-the-potential' game in this promising cricketing series...

smurfygray86

Associate Captain
Its understandable from the Developer pov to call it a day after like 6 months, but issue here is the state that this game was released.

I think it would be fair to say that we all got a game branded as cricket 22 but in reality the basic standards were lower than even that of C19, we only reached a playable state after some months of patching.

Which leads into the rapid patching spree, where the team were in a loop basically, they put a patch to solve 'a' but unintentionally break 'b' which they swear they didn't, until the whole of community cries on it for weeks then they solve it and repeat!
That vicious cycle continued on and on.

During the course of all this patching shenanigans, lot of the players entirely stopped playing the game or some desperate like me were still trying to make things work by putting out posts in here or through the support site and even the poor souls who took to twitter which were all met with some enlightened souls who advised to 'get a life' and yes this famous user title.

I knew this point would come eventually one day or other, this is why I was worried when people were on discussions about freaking clouds and rain when the basic fundamentals of the sport are in disarray! (despite c22 succeeding c19 which was a good base)

Right now, I'm at a point I genuinely can't get myself to bowl to the AI and I can only play batting(obv with few restarts) with all the petty nuance slider values tuned and even that doesn't save me in some matches where irrespective of what I play or how, the game is just coded to make me think 'I just can't bat'..

Fielding I'm just gonna quote their word from pre-release articles "overhauled fielding" among all the other promising stuff they spoke about.

I made a decision to start my career once the AI is tuned well during release time, Because in C19 it was either I was gonna have a 5fer match and hit 200 or delve into a pit of not knowing the spelling for cricket, it was always like it was predetermined rather than me having any remote impact on the game and sadly I still haven't started it..

I would like to mention the efforts of our physics slider values mate Rumple here who had me interested for some brief weeks since it showed how much potential this game had on offer which could be surely amazing but unfortunately not to be, when the base game is not in the optimal level you can only engross to look beyond for a short duration.

I still hope and pray that C22 shouldn't go off like yet another 'it-had-the-potential' game in this promising cricketing series...
I’d love it if BA reached out to people like yourself and others that know the game inside out and every detail of it and what could be improved and what works well and what doesn’t etc it made me confident when some players were testing patches and the gameplay before each patch is released but I’m not sure if that’s stopped now. I think the next game will be released next year in time for the ashes in England (may be wrong) or an updated version of this but we all live in hope like you say it’s not a bad game it just could be so much better with some tweaks and certain areas fixed that just feel broken Just about to watch your slider video again with gamer pradosh keep up the good work it’s much appreciated from people like myself who haven’t a clue about the slider castings and how much of an impact they have on the gameplay

Rana Pratap Singh_007

Club Cricketer
I’d love it if BA reached out to people like yourself and others that know the game inside out and every detail of it and what could be improved and what works well and what doesn’t etc it made me confident when some players were testing patches and the gameplay before each patch is released but I’m not sure if that’s stopped now. I think the next game will be released next year in time for the ashes in England (may be wrong) or an updated version of this but we all live in hope like you say it’s not a bad game it just could be so much better with some tweaks and certain areas fixed that just feel broken Just about to watch your slider video again with gamer pradosh keep up the good work it’s much appreciated from people like myself who haven’t a clue about the slider castings and how much of an impact they have on the gameplay
Hope they don't release next year they should release every 5 years as they need patches for 3 years to fix a game may be more.

GuyIncognito

Chairman of Selectors
AUS..
RCB...
MS
Melbourne Stars
Birmingham Phoenix
The Boys
Profile Flag
Australia
They could have been doing that for a while now :spy
Post automatically merged:

Hope they don't release next year they should release every 5 years as they need patches for 3 years to fix a game may be more.
The next game they're working on is an AFL game, so there won't be a new cricket game for at least two years imo.

GuyIncognito

Chairman of Selectors
AUS..
RCB...
MS
Melbourne Stars
Birmingham Phoenix
The Boys
Profile Flag
Australia
This coming from the guy who said 'they've moved on' after a week. :p
:spy:yes::cold::crying:

Don't forget my other special when I said the game will come out in 2023 and literally that afternoon the game announced for 2021.

kashan123999

has said thanks for this post
My game version is .2599, is it the latest version for everyone?

Reason i got overexcited was because i had an update to download for C22 as soon as i opened my xbox yesterday, after 7 day gap.

So i assume this is some latest patch, or is it the old one?

Maybe i just didn't play c22 in the middle and missed an earlier patch, and there's no *latest* patch as such

GuyIncognito

Chairman of Selectors
AUS..
RCB...
MS
Melbourne Stars
Birmingham Phoenix
The Boys
Profile Flag
Australia

Reason i got overexcited was because i had an update to download for C22 as soon as i opened my xbox yesterday, after 7 day gap.

Maybe i just didn't play c22 in the middle and missed an earlier patch, and there's no *latest* patch as such
My guess is it would be an old one.

jan52

Club Captain
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Any chance of pc version is cricket 22 on steam summer sale?already have it on Xbox, want to get it for steam deck in summer..

Arctic_Wolf

Club Captain
Profile Flag
England

Yes, .2599 was indeed the latest for next gen Xbox so you jumped the gun a little there ;)!!

Gamefroggy

Associate Cricketer
Profile Flag
South Africa
I just don't understand how at a certain point fielding were great and same with batting and bowling. Obviously not in the same version. Yes I am not a coder, but how can they not get all this to work together? February 24 patch were the best and we are now 4 months later where the game went mostly backwards. Hopefully the last statement from Ross means that they are testing the build properly.

Users who are viewing this thread