Cricket 22 General Discussion thread (Use bug report thread for issues/bugs/crashes | Patch notes in first post)

Sparks

Club Captain
Profile Flag
England
I've been so patient regrading the career mode update abeit a couple of rage comments, I'm now at at point in my career where I can't continue.
I'm fed up of never seeing the final standings and player stats, I'm fed up not being able to select a side as I have no access to players careers stats from the lineup screen which means I don't know what their preferred format is or even how they are doing in the current season and to now top it off I'm about to start a ODI World Cup and in the middle is a test series against SA.
I just can't get excited about it anymore and wish that I could as have spent many an evening drinking beer whilst trying to bat long innings. The silence of career mode from BA is sad and I'm guessing I'm not the only one. I do still have hope but as time moves on I think I may need to find another fulfilling game to take on.

Nithin Antony

County Cricketer
TPCL Titans
The career mode had huge potential. The scheduling is broken. They could have easily added a ranking feature to add more excitement to the player as well as the international team. There is no trophy cabinet.
The game could have done so much more in respect to stats alone which would have satisfied a good chunk of customers.

I've been so patient regrading the career mode update abeit a couple of rage comments, I'm now at at point in my career where I can't continue.
I'm fed up of never seeing the final standings and player stats, I'm fed up not being able to select a side as I have no access to players careers stats from the lineup screen which means I don't know what their preferred format is or even how they are doing in the current season and to now top it off I'm about to start a ODI World Cup and in the middle is a test series against SA.
I just can't get excited about it anymore and wish that I could as have spent many an evening drinking beer whilst trying to bat long innings. The silence of career mode from BA is sad and I'm guessing I'm not the only one. I do still have hope but as time moves on I think I may need to find another fulfilling game to take on.

AnmolJ

Associate Captain
Profile Flag
India
The career mode had huge potential. The scheduling is broken. They could have easily added a ranking feature to add more excitement to the player as well as the international team. There is no trophy cabinet.
The game could have done so much more in respect to stats alone which would have satisfied a good chunk of customers.
It is just not the scheduling but the way matches are simulated around the player is broken too. Simulation feels so bland and has a lack of depth too.

dosco27

School Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
Man i wish EA or 2K would make a cricket game. I honestly believe BA have no idea about cricket anymore. DB14 is the best they’ve made but since then it’s the same issues every launch

GuyIncognito

Chairman of Selectors
AUS..
RCB...
MS
Melbourne Stars
Birmingham Phoenix
The Boys
Profile Flag
Australia
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
There it is. Every forum vent crescendos with a 'wish 2k or EA' comment.

Arctic_Wolf

Club Captain
Profile Flag
England
Career mode fatigue & injury system also remains virtually nonfunctional after all this time too despite the (empty) framework all being there since the start.

In matches I can bowl any number of overs as an all-rounder with no fitness consequences at all. I can then come in to bat in the same match playing nothing but attacking/aggressive shots & only expend a tiny amount of stamina with absolutely no risk of injury or ever tiring myself out, match after match . (It wasn't perfect but this actually worked to an acceptable degree in C19, BA did a reasonable job of it & one had to monitor stamina/fatigue in each match & try to keep some in reserve if possible or necessary, & there was a risk of injury if neglected.) The stamina/fatigue meter barely decreases at all in C22 even when considering other factors such as extreme heat or cold, or not bothering to use the gym fatigue system has no effect on stamina, it remains the same regardless of using it or not using it. (There was also supposed to be a rehab system with players having to work with doctors or a physio if injured etc. but that too remains a ¿???, with no feedback at all as to whether they've simply abandoned it or if it's something else they just don't know how to fix 7 months on.)

It's been the same since launch & noted countless times too, but in the fatigue management system just 1 day of fatigue management time expended should "heavily" reduce fatigue, yet 2 days expended only gives a "moderate" reduction. Why does double the time spent only give half the benefit or half the time spent give double the benefit? After all, 4 days expended should "heavily" boost stamina!! (If any of it actually worked of course!!)

Does someone simply not understand the differences between moderate & heavy, is this another notorious BA "setting reversal", or because the rest of the fatigue management system just doesn't work, why bother fixing the presentation/cosmetic aspect anyway regardless of how half arsed & untidy it all looks???

Worst of all I fear the main lesson hasn't been learned here either & they're already pushing hard on upcoming projects while existing work remains unfinished months later. NEVER release a title in such a terrible state as far behind schedule as C22 ultimately was as the lost trust & damage done is truly never forgotten. (The market may seem fickle at times but a mistake that monumental will invariably come back around, repeatedly.) Far better to take the hit of customers whining that a release date has been put back 3 or 4 months & only give said customers that one thing to whine about than release what was ultimately a wholly unacceptable bag of balls on day one & still not have it all fixed more than 7 months post release, & end users themselves are still having to identify & report significant bugs that dedicated testers apparently just can't/don't see. (COVID "would" have been the perfect excuse when it came to C22 & nobody would have been overly critical or even given it much thought at the time (including pre-release customers) with all things considered, had they delayed the release citing COVID, which would have been the sensible option.). However, trying to use it as an excuse afterwards & only after taking pre-release money without offering any kind of a refund or an opportunity for a return in good faith just made C22 about a cash grab regardless of the damage it has done. It's still unfinished for goodness sake!!!. Instead, BA said absolutely nothing & even went as far as releasing the pre-release/promo Bajo clips showing the overhauled systems & a working product. And of course, the great IGN vs Ross/Mikey demo playoff showcasing the title as a fully functional & polished product with no mention at all of any concerns regarding product readiness. (Ross also specifically avoided the career mode entirely & it quickly became apparent why days later. And that wasn't a dick move yet a Youtuber is for giving a bad review after 700 hours play time lol? At least the Youtuber was an "honest & patient dick" that gave BA 700 hours worth of the benefit of the doubt before posting a negative review which C22 had coming regardless. (Personally, I'd be far more concerned about reviewers giving C22 a 5 star positive review after 700 hours play time as they'd just be "dishonest dicks" plain & simple, or their grasp of reality would be questionable at best ;)!!!)

Good grief. In hindsight, BA went into a blind panic pushing like crazy just to release the game 1 week late because of the now notorious Tim Paine dick pic, yet it never actually crossed their minds to delay for all the right reasons because C22 was undoubtedly an unmitigated, unfinished pile of £\@%!!#& on day one & remained so for some considerable time beyond. (It's only these past few weeks the title could ultimately be labelled as anything close to acceptable.)

No real explanations, no apologies, no partial refunds, no bonus content issued to ease the painfully obvious tensions of virtually the entire fan base, just a rather foolish CEO refusing to budge after some terrible decision making while giving Twitter & the world one giant middle finger.

I don't care what paid DLC they may end up considering for C22, although it'd be foolish given the damage C22 has done to BA's previously good name at this point. I've been burnt once with this title, it's sure as hell not gonna happen twice.

Users who are viewing this thread