Cricket 22 General Discussion thread (Use bug report thread for issues/bugs/crashes | Patch notes in first post)

Bill Greensmith

Club Captain
All the sometimes over-the-top posts, just reflect how passionate we are in wanting a good cricket game. The frustration comes from how close we are and have been to that.
If BA can tap into that enthusiasm (obsession) and deep knowledge of this game that we have from playing hu dreds of hours each, they can both respond and make money.
Win win.

Mr Snrub

International Cricketer
Tell you what, for the next edition I'd rather they strip it back to Bradman 14/17 regarding game play, weather and even the licences.

With the playface it isn't really needed imo.
Well, I'd agree about the licenses. Other than England and Australia, the others have been ridiculously poor in their quality.

I try to replace New Zealand and Ireland with downloads and they all become Locked 'Licensed' players as well. The license has actually been more of an impediment to getting proper versions of those teams than how easy it was in past games.

Rana Pratap Singh_007

Club Cricketer
Well, I'd agree about the licenses. Other than England and Australia, the others have been ridiculously poor in their quality.

I try to replace New Zealand and Ireland with downloads and they all become Locked 'Licensed' players as well. The license has actually been more of an impediment to getting proper versions of those teams than how easy it was in past games.
Kane Willamsan looks awesome he will get ashamed by looking at his face

Hester

County Cricketer
Still can’t believe they scammed everyone with the cricket 19 dlc. It duped everyone into believing there was no new game coming for awhile only to announce it 2 months later
Yeah, I've spoken about this before. Symons and Bigant are some of the scummiest operators in the industry.

GuyIncognito

Chairman of Selectors
AUS..
RCB...
MS
Melbourne Stars
Birmingham Phoenix
The Boys
Profile Flag
Australia
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Aye yo, lets dial it back a bit and lie down and have a thought.

2ba7242a1e787e43367ba7d5fbbb92cc--star-trek-bloopers-scifi.jpg

Mr Snrub

International Cricketer
Yeah, I've spoken about this before. Symons and Bigant are some of the scummiest operators in the industry.
Things are not ideal right now by a long shot, but I don't agree with the above. Let's keep it in perspective.

Big Ant and Ross are still making the only console cricket game. They still have more features in the game than any cricket game has ever had by a long way. They have innovated Cricket games more than anyone else.

The problems now are that they have been through a very frustrating patching phase for fans with many fix this/break that issues constantly causing a feeling of a lack of progress.

Then the only public communication we're seeing is full of attitude and dismissiveness. That really doesn't help, as there's very little positive face to the game right now.

Still we need to remember the good they've done. Without Big Ant there is no cricket console gaming.

The lack of evolution and improvement to the game since C'22's hopeless, stumbling debut is pretty disappointing though.

Who knows, maybe the next patch will have us thankful they took longer this time?

It might be helpful if we started doing Top 10 lists of what we'd like to see fixed before they stop patching.

wasteyouryouth

Verified
Admin
PlanetCricket Award Winner
A reminder of some of the forum rules:

Posts should be well thought out, relevant to the subject matter and of good quality.

Abuse is not acceptable. Do not target other members or otherwise attempt to provoke a reaction out of them. You will be expected to behave in a responsible manner and be respectful to all other members of the community.

Making moderators read the same posts every month is a banable offence.

You can see them in full here: https://www.planetcricket.org/forums/threads/forum-rules.7276/

Additionally, if you want to whinge about Twitter drama take it up with Elon Musk. I'm sure he'll care.

Users who are viewing this thread