Panel of Selectors
PAK...
RCB...
LQ
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Avengers
Profile Flag
Pakistan
Been seeing some of the criticism aimed at Ms. Marvel. Some of it is reasonable, it’s not a show for every age group obviously.
But the other side of it, seems to be aimed at the fact that Kamala Khan's South Asian culture is a core part of the series. For some people, whenever a lead character is played by an actor from an ethnic minority, it’s always "forced" and "political". So when would a character from an ethnic minority not be "forced" and "political"? When their culture and heritage is erased from the story?
Exactly my thoughts. It has got unnecessary criticism on this front. I'm no expert but I've loved all that I've seen so far in the first 2 episodes.

I think some people still expect that same old boring white guy in his 30s becoming a superhero kinda storyline, which is, thankfully, not in line with Marvel's vision at all.

CerealKiller

Staff Member
Fantasy Cricket Team
PAK...
Kings XI
Islamabad
Avengers
Profile Flag
Pakistan
Exactly my thoughts. It has got unnecessary criticism on this front. I'm no expert but I've loved all that I've seen so far in the first 2 episodes.

I think some people still expect that same old boring white guy in his 30s becoming a superhero kinda storyline, which is, thankfully, not in line with Marvel's vision at all.
Agreed 100%
They literally have multiple universes of stories to explore, their content is obviously going to be very diverse.

wasteyouryouth

Verified
Admin
The Boys S3, EP06: "Herogasm".

rush-by-the-beach.gif

Manish.

Staff Member
TPCL Titans
Profile Flag
India
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Good suggestion/s for this weekend will be appreciated. Anything from Netflix, Prime or Sony LIV. Not much into OTT but have subscriptions for my dad, he fall asleep watching them.

Till Valhalla

ICC Chairman
The Boys
Profile Flag
Papua New Guinea
The Boys S3, EP06: "Herogasm".

Tbh Ep1 was more disturbing. This was a little amped version from first season.

Good suggestion/s for this weekend will be appreciated. Anything from Netflix, Prime or Sony LIV. Not much into OTT but have subscriptions for my dad, he fall asleep watching them.
While Boys is good I don't think it's a weekend watch.
Panchayat, Gullak, Hostel Daze, Chaman Bahaar or The Gentlemen.

Verified Enigma

PlanetCricket's Sherlock Holmes
Champions League Winner
Avengers

Haven't you watch a single Marvel movie?

And now directly jumping to Ms Marvel?

Users who are viewing this thread