New Zealand Tour of England - 2022

Bevab

Staff Member
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Baz is pretty much turning YJB into a version of himself in this England side and I love to see it.

Latham’s also finally come due. A shame that the rest of the batsmen have continued being hapless as usual.

wasteyouryouth

Verified
Admin
Baz is pretty much turning YJB into a version of himself in this England side and I love to see it.

Latham’s also finally come due. A shame that the rest of the batsmen have continued being hapless as usual.
It's amazing what happens when you release the pressure off a player and just back them. I still think all that meddling with his position/place in the side when Buttler came into the side was a bigger problem than anything in just knocking his confidence.

He's turning innings/matches like Rishabh Pant has done. Long may it continue.

Aislabie

Test Cricket is Best Cricket
Ireland
So NZ's next Test series is in Pakistan in six months and I'd pick:

1. Tom Latham
2. Tom Bruce
3. Devon Conway
4. Kane Williamson (just)
5. Daryl Mitchell
6. Tom Blundell
7. Michael Bracewell
8. Michael Rippon
9. Kyle Jamieson
10. Ajaz Patel
11. Trent Boult

--> Will Young out because he looks like another Joe Denly
<-- Tom Bruce in as the best batter not in the side; opens because that was the gap as is the Kiwi way

Mitchell as skipper because neither Williamson nor Latham can be trusted with spinners

--> Henry Nicholls out because he just looks really shithouse
<-- Michael Rippon in because he's the fun kind of spinner

--> Tim Southee out because the overs have caught up with him
<-- Ajaz Patel back in because it is only two overs since he took a Test 10-for

Believe

Club Captain
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
So NZ's next Test series is in Pakistan in six months and I'd pick:

1. Tom Latham
2. Tom Bruce
3. Devon Conway
4. Kane Williamson (just)
5. Daryl Mitchell
6. Tom Blundell
7. Michael Bracewell
8. Michael Rippon
9. Kyle Jamieson
10. Ajaz Patel
11. Trent Boult

--> Will Young out because he looks like another Joe Denly
<-- Tom Bruce in as the best batter not in the side; opens because that was the gap as is the Kiwi way

Mitchell as skipper because neither Williamson nor Latham can be trusted with spinners

--> Henry Nicholls out because he just looks really shithouse
<-- Michael Rippon in because he's the fun kind of spinner

--> Tim Southee out because the overs have caught up with him
<-- Ajaz Patel back in because it is only two overs since he took a Test 10-for
Interesting. I like most of it, but I feel like any game where Wagner isn't playing, is gonna end in regretting not picking him. Dunno if I'd take the 2 spinners plus Bracewell.. Probly swap Rippon for Wags, and the rest I'm good with. Agree that Young (And Nicholls) might just need a refreshment break, and there really isn't too many other batsmen (let alone openers) kicking at the door, Bruce deserves his shot. Be interesting to see how KJ does second dig in those subcontinent conditions.

As for the current series (and topic), I just feel we have not had the answers to these habitual middle order fightbacks from Eng. We spent so long going "Yeah, we are the only ones who do this!" That now we are shocked someone else can do it too, we are falling apart trying to combat it. Didn't expect Baz-Stokes to have an impact this quickly, but... damn, it's just so different to Englands previous series.

CerealKiller

Staff Member
Fantasy Cricket Team
PAK...
Kings XI
Islamabad
Avengers
Profile Flag
Pakistan
New Zealand need a lead of 400 honestly, unless their bowlers reverse the pattern of the last two 4th innings chases.

Users who are viewing this thread