Cricket 22 General Discussion thread (Use bug report thread for issues/bugs/crashes | Patch notes in first post)

tarrantino

County Cricketer
Profile Flag
England
Xbox one and ps4 should run this game standing on their head. Bigant just don't know how to optimise their game. They couldn't even put in a more realistic run cam without it destroying fps on some pc's, so they removed it from all versions of the game. My ps1 can handle a realistic run cam though.
Yeah I don’t get why they removed the run cam for Series X/PS5. Make it an option for us.

I think they wanted to cater for all formats and that’s held back the development. They’re going to have to ditch the old gen for the next cricket game and utilise the power in these new machines.

That might actually get basics like weather working and the such like.

AnmolJ

Associate Captain
Profile Flag
India
Xbox one and ps4 should run this game standing on their head. Bigant just don't know how to optimise their game. They couldn't even put in a more realistic run cam without it destroying fps on some pc's, so they removed it from all versions of the game. My ps1 can handle a realistic run cam though.
I have a 3070 combined with AMD Ryzen 7 5800x and the matches happening during the night lag get a lot of fps drops.
I play on 2K res and have to cap my frames at 105 while recording/streaming.

Jerm

International Coach
SA.....
Profile Flag
South Africa
Hi, im updating the generic squads to the academy versions, but when I try and update the 2 new IPL franchises (Lucknow and Gujarat) they dont overwrite the original version of that team in the game? They just save as a separate team. Is there a version of these 2 teams that I can download that do overwrite the made up versions?

Also, I remember in C19 the academy only had limited memory space and after downloading many teams It would warn you about lack of space. Does anyone know if this has this been rectified in C22?

thanks
They downloaded to your custom team list go to academy edit teams and link them to the on disk team you wish to overwrite

Skillzy

School Cricketer
Can someone increase "Ball marker display time" say 100 and check if it increases the pitch marker display time. Only for Behind Batsman Camera.

Roooooot

Club Cricketer
For me a major issue is the overpowered straight drives. In my last inning around 90 per cent of runs came this way and mostly from boundaries - it's utterly ridiculous and a real game breaker.

And bizzarely the fielding team never put a man at long on or long off!

In C19 ever straight drive seemed to get caught by the bowler. They obviously changed it and now almost every straight drive scores . Is there something fundamentally wrong with the game mechanism? DB 17 was fine in this respect.

Roooooot

Club Cricketer
I’m thinking more and more that catering for the Xbox One/PS4 gen held this game back. Problem was obviously availability of the new gens. I suspect the next one solely be Series X/S & PS5. This may just unlock something a bit different.
The graphics on this game are so poor it should run on a potato.

Look at how great the graphics and physics are in The Show baseball game - it is smooth as silk on my standard PS4. That game is properly optimised. C22 isn't.

EanreJoran

School Cricketer
Profile Flag
Australia
For me a major issue is the overpowered straight drives. In my last inning around 90 per cent of runs came this way and mostly from boundaries - it's utterly ridiculous and a real game breaker.

In C19 ever straight drive seemed to get caught by the bowler. They obviously changed it and now almost every straight drive scores . Is there something fundamentally wrong with the game mechanism? DB 17 was fine in this respect.
It's because the bowler rarely fields the ball when its hit back to them in this game. If they fix that, then straight drives should be pretty balanced imo

Skankhunt_42

Associate Captain
Profile Flag
India
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Umm.. The awaiting sign in" Crash is back for PC users, on steam. Any help please? @HBK619 @MattW

Arctic_Wolf

Club Captain
Profile Flag
England

On release it was the opposite with C22, it was virtually impossible to get a straight drive past a fast bowler. They've tweaked this a couple of times & ultimately since left it stuck on the option where an AI fast bowler will never field off their own bowling & all straight drives easily make it through.

They had to tweak it a couple of times in C19 but it wasn't too bad off fast bowlers, but as ever, C22 remains another story entirely.

Rana Pratap Singh_007

Club Cricketer

Overpowered so many things in this game sweeps, chip shots, batting style 6,advance shots why you complaining for straight drives bowler starts fielding it can be fixed easily.

Users who are viewing this thread