Cricket 22 General Discussion thread (Use bug report thread for issues/bugs/crashes | Patch notes in first post)

Nithin Antony

County Cricketer
TPCL Titans
My game crashed while playing career mode and when I tried to restart I got the "Profile data is corrupted" prompt and I think it means everything I had in my profile is gone which is very infuriating. I have contacted Big Ant directly in hopes for something that can be done, should I wait and be hopeful or just restart everything anyway?
Did you play as an opener who only bat's? Did it happen after the 3rd first class match?

Skankhunt_42

Associate Captain
Profile Flag
India
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Did you play as an opener who only bat's? Did it happen after the 3rd first class match?
You're giving me an uncanny feelings mate. I've saved and closed directly to desktop during 2nd innings of 3rd fc match in my all-rounder career mode. And now I'm stuck at awaiting sign in screen, only to crash to desktop. It'll be a shame to lose everything. :facepalm:facepalm

Roooooot

Club Cricketer
I have come to the conclusion BA are trolling us with these games.

Today my C22 profile has been corrupted...

and ALL my team logo data from DB 17 has disappeared...

Mr Snrub

International Cricketer
I have come to the conclusion BA are trolling us with these games.

Today my C22 profile has been corrupted...

and ALL my team logo data from DB 17 has disappeared...
What platform has it happened to you on?

Probably need a poll on a new thread, would be good to see where it's happening the most.

The whole idea of profiles corrupting and consoles shutting themselves down (though this has since been fixed apparently) is right at the most serious end of video game issues and you'd hope Big Ant would regard it has very high priority.

Nithin Antony

County Cricketer
TPCL Titans
You're giving me an uncanny feelings mate. I've saved and closed directly to desktop during 2nd innings of 3rd fc match in my all-rounder career mode. And now I'm stuck at awaiting sign in screen, only to crash to desktop. It'll be a shame to lose everything. :facepalm:facepalm
I lost my profile thrice in last week. Started career mode as an existing players, that works fine. But with a new career player it will corrupt the data in or after 3rd match for me. Already reported to Mattw.

tsn1499

School Cricketer
What platform has it happened to you on?

Probably need a poll on a new thread, would be good to see where it's happening the most.

The whole idea of profiles corrupting and consoles shutting themselves down (though this has since been fixed apparently) is right at the most serious end of video game issues and you'd hope Big Ant would regard it has very high priority.
They either aren't able to find a fix or don't care as I contacted their support team 4 days ago and only received a barely understandable response a day ago after I constantly kept asking them to give me a solution which doesn't seem to be resolving anything, I contacted them again and it's been about 19 hours without any response.

It's ridiculous to have to wait so long for any sort of response from Big Ant, even worse is my profile just getting corrupted somehow even after the game has been out for so long.

MARK99ZA

County Cricketer
Profile Flag
South Africa
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
The game is broken for me - the terrible/lazy fielding makes it unplayable. Its a huge disappointment

Wealey

ICC Board Member
The game is broken for me - the terrible/lazy fielding makes it unplayable. Its a huge disappointment

I said it when the game first came out.

The way in which things are prioritized baffles me.

Key things fundamental to the game of cricket are ignored why other things are focused on.

I’m fully aware that different teams work on different aspects of the game.

5 games in and I still don’t really see pitches acting like they should. Weather impacting the game as it should. Stuff that could of been built on from previous titles.

It always feels like that instead of a continuation of the previous title we start again and never build on the positives.

Hester

County Cricketer
I'm ploughing through with my round robin test championship but seeing the AI block the ball and take a single while my bowler slow motion bends down, caresses the ball, then throws it at the wk who's 20 feet from the stumps is really grinding my goat.
It's not only the bizarre fielding where the player dives to stop a boundary but they react so slow that the AI runs 4 anyway, but the lack of pitch deterioration is also infuriating when playing tests. Symons lied when he said it would be harder to score runs as the days went by. It's easier. No cracks or unevenness in the pitch. They got it backwards, along with a bunch of other things.
Also discovered last night that, while bowling to the AI and you can check what the main strength and weakness of the batter is, well, that's backwards too. As an example, it said one of the batters weakest skill was leg glance. He ended up leg glancing everything for runs.

Edit: and don't get me started on the stadium creator. They removed so many assets from the previous games, and these assets are still in the game, they just won't allow us to use them! Thanks bigant!

Rana Pratap Singh_007

Club Cricketer
I'm ploughing through with my round robin test championship but seeing the AI block the ball and take a single while my bowler slow motion bends down, caresses the ball, then throws it at the wk who's 20 feet from the stumps is really grinding my goat.
It's not only the bizarre fielding where the player dives to stop a boundary but they react so slow that the AI runs 4 anyway, but the lack of pitch deterioration is also infuriating when playing tests. Symons lied when he said it would be harder to score runs as the days went by. It's easier. No cracks or unevenness in the pitch. They got it backwards, along with a bunch of other things.
Also discovered last night that, while bowling to the AI and you can check what the main strength and weakness of the batter is, well, that's backwards too. As an example, it said one of the batters weakest skill was leg glance. He ended up leg glancing everything for runs.
Pitch is playing a important role in online mode changes according to conditions.
I think big ant by mistake applied it online but they wanted it for offline.

Roooooot

Club Cricketer
With all the money in the IPL and all the amazing software development talent in India you would think someone will come up with a respectable cricket game soon.

This BA series has gone backwards in terms of gameplay. C22 is still a turd after more patches than just about any piece of gaming software ever released

When you look at Cricket 07 (that came out in 2006) you can only wonder what developers have been doing for the last 16 years - children have been born and grown up in that time. DB17 is the only playable game in that period for me. Why didn't they build on this? Even today an updated version of that game with real grounds, kits, an updated stadium editor and a bit of polishing would be better than C22...

Wealey

ICC Board Member
With all the money in the IPL and all the amazing software development talent in India you would think someone will come up with a respectable cricket game soon.

This BA series has gone backwards in terms of gameplay. C22 is still a turd after more patches than just about any piece of gaming software ever released

When you look at Cricket 07 (that came out in 2006) you can only wonder what developers have been doing for the last 16 years - children have been born and grown up in that time. DB17 is the only playable game in that period for me. Why didn't they build on this? Even today an updated version of that game with real grounds, kits, an updated stadium editor and a bit of polishing would be better than C22...

I don’t think it’s actually gone backwards. I think the AI play better now than they ever have. Eventually.

Just things are worse than they were like fielding etc.

Skankhunt_42

Associate Captain
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
It's a mixed bag actually. I praise BA for the care they're constantly showing, however when a title priced equivalent to a triple A game, it expected to
first, have the basic ground covered, like a smooth connectivity, profile sign in, unlike crash, corrupted data etc.
Then, they should ensure the core improves, like AI fielding, shot powers, overthrows. If not, atleast stay same like previous iterations. But certainly not terrible like now.
Finally, like many already pointed out, wrongly prioritised what they should fix first.

Just fix the basics atleast

Users who are viewing this thread