Cricket 22 General Discussion thread (Use bug report thread for issues/bugs/crashes | Patch notes in first post)

Arctic_Wolf

Club Captain
Profile Flag
England
Series X bud.

Career Eng club 3 day, one day & T20 are all OK. The Eng domestic system FC, one day & T20 are all working fine on English grounds too, & so far any FC matches I've played in the Australian domestic system are working OK as far as spin is concerned as well.

Everything just went horribly wrong for the ODI & what does my calendar now show???

.......Another 4 x ODI against PAK all at Lahore, immediately followed by 4 x Tests, also at Lahore. YAY!!

All with completely busted spin by default. A great introduction to internationals in C22 career mode!! In contrast it took me days to reach international level in previous iterations but that's C22 all over. (I'll have to run a test using different international grounds against PAK instead but 7+ months & such fundamentals are still borked & obviously that just shouldn't be necessary at this point.)

Yes, also seeing typical spin bounce behaving oddly at times with certain pitch types especially those where there should be more bounce. That's been an issue on & off since day one. It had been OK for a while but it's apparently been reintroduced. I can't recall many others reporting it being reintroduced recently but C22 along with BA are pretty much reaching the terminal end of my patience & I'm clearly not alone there as reports of such obvious issues are just dwindling along with the patch schedule.

It was looking like it was the Lahore stadium that has completely broken (leg) spin, or it's broken spin specifically for internationals at Lahore, but it's now also doing it at Dhaka Stadium vs Pak after trying that ground for an ODI instead. Who knows how many other international grounds are also randomly spin broken but I'm sure as hell not testing them all.

(C22 just never fails to disappoint in one way or another!!)

midhun333

County Cricketer
CSK
Profile Flag
India
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Is removing the close-in fielders the only option to get rid of too many Bat/Pad dismissals?

midhun333

County Cricketer
CSK
Profile Flag
India
Yeah mate, that’s what I done in C19 and have continued that into C22
It wasn't there at the release of the game but now if I am making a spinner bowl, the game could end in 15 overs or so

Slug1793

Associate Cricketer
Profile Flag
England
It wasn't there at the release of the game but now if I am making a spinner bowl, the game could end in 15 overs or so
Yeah it’s just not worth it, I wouldn’t mind too much if the catch animation was better, but it’s the way they scoop it from under the batter’s nose or run in and end up taking the catch whilst stood right in front of the batter. They should be low down catches were the fielder only has time to stick a hand out, never mind stand up and run onto the wicket.

It does make getting spin wickets more difficult and so more rewarding, but they are definitely still OP.

Hester

County Cricketer
Is removing the close-in fielders the only option to get rid of too many Bat/Pad dismissals?
Yeah, and it's not just with spin bowlers either. The AI have a 50% chance of playing a leg-side shot off the pads, even off pace bowling. It's broken. Bigant don't care.

midhun333

County Cricketer
CSK
Profile Flag
India
Yeah, and it's not just with spin bowlers either. The AI have a 50% chance of playing a leg-side shot off the pads, even off pace bowling. It's broken. Bigant don't care.
Yup you are right but I always tend to keep close fielders when a spinner is bowling just to keep the total immersion of a proper test match. Raised a ticket today regarding this, let's see what happens.

Hester

County Cricketer
Yup you are right but I always tend to keep close fielders when a spinner is bowling just to keep the total immersion of a proper test match. Raised a ticket today regarding this, let's see what happens.
Nice one. I raised one a couple of months ago about the bat padding issue but here we are...

Users who are viewing this thread