Cricket 22 General Discussion thread (Use bug report thread for issues/bugs/crashes | Patch notes in first post)

Gamefroggy

Associate Cricketer
Profile Flag
South Africa
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Do you guys still reskill the teams with current patch? I find the AI tail enders are way too strong. Playing with @wasteyouryouth teams. Also the AI almost score 90+% boundaries with very little singles and doubles. Talking about test matches

Slug1793

Associate Cricketer
Profile Flag
England
Do you guys still reskill the teams with current patch? I find the AI tail enders are way too strong. Playing with @wasteyouryouth teams. Also the AI almost score 90+% boundaries with very little singles and doubles. Talking about test matches
I always re skill. When it comes to a bowler’s batting ability, unless they are known for being half decent, I pretty much give them no skill points, maybe the odd one for ‘glance’ and ‘attack’ or ‘defend’ depending on what type of player they are. They still manage to hang around and score the odd boundary, but it feels like you’re actually bowling to a tailender rather than Lara

Skillzy

School Cricketer
I always re skill. When it comes to a bowler’s batting ability, unless they are known for being half decent, I pretty much give them no skill points, maybe the odd one for ‘glance’ and ‘attack’ or ‘defend’ depending on what type of player they are. They still manage to hang around and score the odd boundary, but it feels like you’re actually bowling to a tailender rather than Lara
You can't re-skill licensed players. Can You?

smurfygray86

Associate Captain
Anyone else noticed the AI settings on the difficulty sliders keep resetting happening almost every time I load the game up now

jaffar100

County Cricketer
Profile Flag
India
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Hi,
Can you help me to increase the speed of the bowlers, it’s not allowing me to edit under proficiency.
Do I need to assign perks to the bowlers?
Please help me, I need to edit the speeds of the bowlers.

SloppyMane

Constructive User Title
Profile Flag
India
Hi,
Can you help me to increase the speed of the bowlers, it’s not allowing me to edit under proficiency.
Do I need to assign perks to the bowlers?
Please help me, I need to edit the speeds of the bowlers.
You can't sadly that's one of the few annoying proficiency values that you can't modify, which even after my multiple reportings since game release still is bugged.

jaffar100

County Cricketer
Profile Flag
India
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
You can't sadly that's one of the few annoying proficiency values that you can't modify, which even after my multiple reportings since game release still is bugged.
Thanks, does assigning the perks would help them to develop pace in career mode, any idea?

cricboi

Club Captain
I was going to post this in the career thread but it seems a bit dead.
Has anyone noticed a major drop off in the bowling experience in career mode?
When I last played (a few weeks ago) I found the fielding to be a bit better but now every return throw is bounced in or dived at by a keeper. The AI fielders are also feigning their moves towards the ball first before stopping and then going to fetch it. I basically can't get through an over without at least 1 fielding miscue.

From the BigAnt side, is there any word on them continuing to work on this mode or do we just have to live with it?

On a similar note, are they done fixing the AI field settings? Just chasing 180 right now in a test and need 60 runs. Batting with the tail but the AI keeps setting the field super close so I can just easily pop it over. Completely nonsensical settings that I was hoping would be fixed by now but alas.

Last edited:

Gamefroggy

Associate Cricketer
Profile Flag
South Africa
I was going to post this in the career thread but it seems a bit dead.
Has anyone noticed a major drop off in the bowling experience in career mode?
When I last played (a few weeks ago) I found the fielding to be a bit better but now every return throw is bounced in or dived at by a keeper. The AI fielders are also feigning their moves towards the ball first before stopping and then going to fetch it. I basically can't get through an over without at least 1 fielding miscue.

From the BigAnt side, is there any word on them continuing to work on this mode or do we just have to live with it?

On a similar note, are they done fixing the AI field settings? Just chasing 180 right now in a test and need 60 runs. Batting with the tail but the AI keeps setting the field super close so I can just easily pop it over. Completely nonsensical settings that I was hoping would be fixed by now but alas.
Personally I think Big Ant ran out of budget for Cricket 22. We might see another 1 or 2 patches but I doubt that is what they are working on at the moment. So don't expect a super patch or think they are hard at work on this.

Roooooot

Club Cricketer
Personally I think Big Ant ran out of budget for Cricket 22. We might see another 1 or 2 patches but I doubt that is what they are working on at the moment. So don't expect a super patch or think they are hard at work on this.
If they don't fix the basic issues I am going to run out of budget when BA release their next cricket title - and not buy it.

I've abandoned C22 for the moment and am playing C19 and DB17.

Nithin Antony

County Cricketer
TPCL Titans
If they don't fix the basic issues I am going to run out of budget when BA release their next cricket title - and not buy it.

I've abandoned C22 for the moment and am playing C19 and DB17.
I'm not going to buy any more cricket titles from big ant after their unprofessional release on this one and their man child ceo's attitude.

Users who are viewing this thread