Cricket 22 General Discussion thread (Use bug report thread for issues/bugs/crashes | Patch notes in first post)

Rahul_Rants

County Cricketer
India
Profile Flag
India
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
I know this could be a divided opinion, but do you guys prefer the older lighting on the player faces or the newer "lighter" shade?
I think the closeups of player faces have become a bit pale compared to earlier. Not a complaint, just a question.

1659669502364.png
1659669894990.png
1659669606409.png

Last edited:

cricboi

Club Captain
Has anyone found improvements with fielding as a bowler in career mode? I find the ball still travels through my player and it's basically impossible to get caught and bowled unless its a short ball clipped high into the air.

Mr Snrub

International Cricketer
I know this could be a divided opinion, but do you guys prefer the older lighting on the player faces or the newer "lighter" shade?
I think the closeups of player faces have become a bit pale compared to earlier. Not a complaint, just a question.

View attachment 268709
View attachment 268711
View attachment 268710
The lighting itself seems pretty good to me. It's the fairly strong lack of warmth that's detracting from it and creating the pale effect. Almost looks like the players have just stepped out of a freezer at times just now.

TORNEDO

Club Cricketer
India
Profile Flag
India
After the latest patch, the off side shots are much more improved and replays looks quite good.Now it is a much better experience playing the game than before.

GuyIncognito

Chairman of Selectors
AUS..
RCB...
MS
Melbourne Stars
Birmingham Phoenix
The Boys
Profile Flag
Australia
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC

smurfygray86

Associate Captain
Not sure if it’s all my head as didn’t play for a while but since the new patch the AI looks so much better batting rather than robotic same shots they seemed to play before. Also seem to be finding the gaps a lot more and everything seems a little quicker Looks good
Post automatically merged:

Think it looks and sounds good the only thing sound wise that needs improvement for me is the crowd noise
Thoughts on the sound during replays now?

Rahul_Rants

County Cricketer
India
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
I think the hue of player faces is due to a thin bluish tint to the atmosphere in addition to the lighting tweaks.
The lighting itself seems pretty good to me. It's the fairly strong lack of warmth that's detracting from it and creating the pale effect. Almost looks like the players have just stepped out of a freezer at times just now.
Makes sense.

Rumple43

Survival Games Finalist
Survival Games Finalist
Profile Flag
England
I can officially say that the AI against spin bowling are no longer mug with the bat

More accurately, can you let us know the extensive testing you've done to arrive at that conclusion?

Great if true, of course. Just don't want to get ahead of ourselves and the issue is a long standing one from before Cricket 22, so a fix in a single patch appears unlikely.

Pinch hitter

Smash… Smash… Smash!
India
RCB...
Avengers
BA should restrict AI to use a bowler to bowl 10 balls straight in Hundred competition... Poor bowler keep bowling 10 ball straight, even they giving way too many runs... Because of that, economical bowlers didn't get enough chance to bowl...

smurfygray86

Associate Captain
I can officially say that the AI against spin bowling are no longer mug with the bat
I agree with this finding it much harder to take wickets with my spinner on career mode feels more of a challenge

More accurately, can you let us know the extensive testing you've done to arrive at that conclusion?

Great if true, of course. Just don't want to get ahead of ourselves and the issue is a long standing one from before Cricket 22, so a fix in a single patch appears unlikely.
i must admit after playing last night for 4 hours straight as a spinner on career mode the AI does seem much better at playing spin. Doesn’t feel like your bowling to a sitting duck anymore and they went after me at times fingers crossed it’s not just a lucky game (vs India) but looks positive and might just be an increased improvement all round on the AI but definitely harder to take wickets as a spinner

Users who are viewing this thread