Cricket 22 General Discussion thread (Use bug report thread for issues/bugs/crashes | Patch notes in first post)

Pinch hitter

Smash… Smash… Smash!
India
RCB...
Avengers
Sometimes I gets quick stumping from the keeper and only few bowlers quickly collect the ball from throw and make runout... So there is options to make player, or keeper react more active during stumping and runout scenario... but didn't know exactly which option makes them more active in the field...

Rahul_Rants

County Cricketer
India
Profile Flag
India
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
MY career mode has crashed and its not starting now. Gonna raise a ticket. Fingers crossed as I dnt wanna start up all over again.(first time trying to load CM after the update)
1659857114028.png

Last edited:

dawg456

Club Cricketer
The way the AI picks teams when playing career mode in the game is horrendous, i play intl cricket for Sri Lanka and i like to keep things realistic, so whenever i play at home, i play on Dusty/soft wickets as thats how it in sl and the AI almost always picks 4 fast bowlers in these conditions, it makes the game extremely unrealistic. Im playing a test vs NZ now where thier playing 5 fastbowlers at galle. Its the same case when in play in Ind or Pak too. More fastbowlers bowling at me than spinners. Another issue is the the home to away game ratio, 70% of my test series are at home. I've played over 70 career mode tests across 2 careers and I've never toured Australia or England, its highly disappointing considering those countries have the licensed stadium. I've reported these issues to big ant many times but they've never been fixed. Its it not too much trouble or if ya'll are facing the same issues, could you'll pls report them as well. Thanks in advance.

Roooooot

Club Cricketer
Is the overpowered straight drive fixed in this patch? Can bowlers take wickets caught and bowled? These were the biggest issues for me...

jabbathehut

County Cricketer
Oddly enough I load the game up tonight and the 100 squads have been adjusted.Is there such a thing as a stealth patch.I have noticed that there are 2 options for 100 when you filter by competition one that works and one that doesn't have any players I am almost certain that wasn't there on thurs

cricboi

Club Captain
MY career mode has crashed and its not starting now. Gonna raise a ticket. Fingers crossed as I dnt wanna start up all over again.(first time trying to load CM after the update)
View attachment 268922
This happened to me a few months ago. After you file your ticket someone from BA should get in contact and ask for your gamer ID (PSN or whatever). From there they can likely fix the busted save file.
Is the overpowered straight drive fixed in this patch? Can bowlers take wickets caught and bowled? These were the biggest issues for me...
Unforutnately neither seem fixed. Tbh I don't mind the straight drive because it looks sweet but the fact that the ball still passes through bowlers is very annoying and has caused me to change how I bowl. I've taken videos and sent them to Big Ant on numerous occasions and all they tell me is that they are "aware." Hopefully they can get this fixed because it's super annoying to get a ball lobbed back at you and have it travel directly through your bowler's chest.

prasunc

School Cricketer
Can anyone help how to play chip shot in arcade control in ps5 controllers in cricket 22

Roooooot

Club Cricketer
This happened to me a few months ago. After you file your ticket someone from BA should get in contact and ask for your gamer ID (PSN or whatever). From there they can likely fix the busted save file.

Unforutnately neither seem fixed. Tbh I don't mind the straight drive because it looks sweet but the fact that the ball still passes through bowlers is very annoying and has caused me to change how I bowl. I've taken videos and sent them to Big Ant on numerous occasions and all they tell me is that they are "aware." Hopefully they can get this fixed because it's super annoying to get a ball lobbed back at you and have it travel directly through your bowler's chest.
The problem with the straight drive is that it is so easy it can account for 90 per cent of your scoring, making the game totally unrealistic. Boundaries become so easy even on Hard. I can't believe they haven't addressed this.

Guess I'll stick with Cricket 19 then.

TORNEDO

Club Cricketer
India
Profile Flag
India
The problem with the straight drive is that it is so easy it can account for 90 per cent of your scoring, making the game totally unrealistic. Boundaries become so easy even on Hard. I can't believe they haven't addressed this.

In the couple of games that I played I did not observe easy scoring though straight drives.

GuyIncognito

Chairman of Selectors
AUS..
RCB...
MS
Melbourne Stars
Birmingham Phoenix
The Boys
Profile Flag
Australia
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC

Custom sliders negate the straight drives effectiveness. Rumple's sliders in particular.

Pinch hitter

Smash… Smash… Smash!
India
RCB...
Avengers
What if BA buy Cricket Coach game rights and implement it to there next cricket game? Imagine the depth it can bring in career mode and in stats section of the game...

Skankhunt_42

Associate Captain
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Want to give a shout out that "awaiting sign in" Error with community download is resolved now. Tested and enjoying it. Thanks BA. @JNT BA

Question: can't we bowl to a batsman during net training? Also do we have bowling mini games similar to batting in net sessions?

Users who are viewing this thread