Cricket 22 General Discussion thread (Use bug report thread for issues/bugs/crashes | Patch notes in first post)

Syed Bukhari87

Club Captain
It will be much better if we have a separate wicket/chances slider for spin and pace bowling , will solve alot of the spinners getting lots more wickets issue.

Ideally we can have 3 sliders for wicket and chances
1)Spin bowling
2)Pace bowling (Speed) (At what extent Pace being directly proportional to wicket chances)
3)Pace bowling (Movement) (At what extent movement being directly proportional to wicket chances)

Hester

County Cricketer
watching the start of the ENG v SA test and it's reminded me that I get no England fan chanting when I play a 'play now' game. This is at official stadia as well as the user created ones. They do chant in my test series save though...

Anyone else getting this issue? This is on Xbox Series X

sahibosaurus

Club Captain
For anyone interested, the switch version got the latest patch today. I own the game on both PC and switch, and find myself playing the handheld version a lot more due to the convenience.

Gamefroggy

Associate Cricketer
Profile Flag
South Africa
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Can't believe they still haven't fixed the fielding. Any news on patches @jntBigant

tarrantino

County Cricketer
Profile Flag
England
watching the start of the ENG v SA test and it's reminded me that I get no England fan chanting when I play a 'play now' game. This is at official stadia as well as the user created ones. They do chant in my test series save though...

Anyone else getting this issue? This is on Xbox Series X

Certainly didn’t in the limited overs matches I’ve been playing.

cricboi

Club Captain
So something weird has happened in my career mode where I no longer get selected for West Indies tests even though I'm rated 92 and was the captain for 2 years. Now I get selected for all the T20 leagues, as well as the national ODI and T20 tours but get nothing from tests. I've kept up with playing county cricket and Shield first class so unsure what is happening. Any work arounds?

B

Bigby Wolf

Why is the academy in cricket 22 so tweaking slow?

Took me 20 minutes to download two teams.

Even that quick download ones take ridiculous amount of time.

Things were better in cricket 19 Ashes Cricket and previous iterations.

Hester

County Cricketer
What are people's thoughts on the AI bowl quality setting?

I know a lot of people said the setting was backwards and that 0-10 made the AI bowl better, and I agreed...up until recently.

I currently have it at 10 and the AI bowl either short balls that half the time are called wides, or balls on a good length.

I raised it to 75 and the AI don't really bowl short balls.

So now I'm confused.

Edit: I've increased it to 100 and now the AI are bowling just about every ball in the book. Short, full, yorkers, good length, inswingers, outswingers.
I'm now thinking that the setting is more about variance than quality.

Further Edit: I'm also pretty sure that RA to LH batter is better with it set to 100.

Last edited:

Rahul_Rants

County Cricketer
India
Profile Flag
India
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
So something weird has happened in my career mode where I no longer get selected for West Indies tests even though I'm rated 92 and was the captain for 2 years. Now I get selected for all the T20 leagues, as well as the national ODI and T20 tours but get nothing from tests. I've kept up with playing county cricket and Shield first class so unsure what is happening. Any work arounds?
That is extremely realistic for a modern-day WI player.
Well done!

Arctic_Wolf

Club Captain
Profile Flag
England
Spin is definitely still broken at Lahore (for one) within a career for a batting all-round leg spinner, Xbox. Stock leg spin deliveries just go arrow straight with no drift or turn present at all. Sliders, top spinners & googlies function normally but a leg spinner's stock ball is broken.

Older bugs have yet again been reintroduced too. AI test squads are back in T20/ODI kits for test matches with no option to rectify. Shots played just short of a boundary once again results in no fielders moving to collect the ball at all & constant restarts are required when the AI locks up. Throws coming in from the boundary frequently bounce off the keeper or another players legs & ping off straight back over the boundary again. In tests if attempting to bring up the forecast it's broken again & no forecast is given, works in FC or ODI's.

It hasn't been fixed since release but if "very defensive" is chosen in the bowling quick tactics a field of "stop singles" is set & that can't be adjusted. ((This has been complained about in EVERY patch by multiple sources & still remains broken.)

(And the huge delay was for improved testing for such issues?????)

The career mode is still half baked with many features missing or non-functional.

Users who are viewing this thread