Cricket 22 General Discussion thread (Use bug report thread for issues/bugs/crashes | Patch notes in first post)

Gamefroggy

Associate Cricketer
Profile Flag
South Africa
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Here is something that has never happened to me in any cricket game. Including all previous BA ones.

I hit a straight drive that hit the non-striker's stumps, then sling shot back past the batsmen and the keeper to the boundary. It was as if the stumps got mad at the ball for hitting it, and it hit back as hard as it could!!

Too bad I did not save a video of it.
I had a fielder from deep mid-wicket throwing a direct hit and the ball looked like it developed massive backspin and spun all the way to Long on boundary. The weirdest things in this game lol.

Gamefroggy

Associate Cricketer
Profile Flag
South Africa
How do you actually bowl a slower ball at the moment? Off cutter with the L Trigger depressed and it's coming out at 143kmh?!
Good question mate. Also with spinners the flighted delivery is swopped with the arm ball. How did that pass the testers?

smurfygray86

Associate Captain
I’m after a bit of help or advice I’m back playing the game after a few month away and actually really enjoying it there’s just one thing in the first innings of a test I can skittle the opposition for a decent score but in the second innings they will go for around 450-500 runs last 3 examples

Aus - 1st 222 2nd 485
Aus 1st 170 2nd 462
New Zealand 1st 160 2nd currently 202-2

Settings are AI PRO TIMING 50 WICKET CHANCE 60 RUN RATE 50

Not sure If I I should bowl a certain way or if it’s my settings or is this normal on the game can’t remember it before. Any help be much appreciated

wasteyouryouth

Verified
Admin
PlanetCricket Award Winner
I’m after a bit of help or advice I’m back playing the game after a few month away and actually really enjoying it there’s just one thing in the first innings of a test I can skittle the opposition for a decent score but in the second innings they will go for around 450-500 runs last 3 examples

Aus - 1st 222 2nd 485
Aus 1st 170 2nd 462

Not sure If I I should bowl a certain way or if it’s my settings or is this normal on the game can’t remember it before. Any help be much appreciated
Not particularly helpful, but I've always felt like confidence plays a part in this.

Get a few bowlers confident and then the new batters struggle so you can run through a team. Then second innings the batters confidence is higher so they play better.

Could be completely wrong and it might be other factors at play but I'm not especially sure what changes could be made to make a difference.

smurfygray86

Associate Captain
Not particularly helpful, but I've always felt like confidence plays a part in this.

Get a few bowlers confident and then the new batters struggle so you can run through a team. Then second innings the batters confidence is higher so they play better.

Could be completely wrong and it might be other factors at play but I'm not especially sure what changes could be made to make a difference.
Cheers will keep an eye on it and try that

Hester

County Cricketer

Aus - 1st 222 2nd 485
Aus 1st 170 2nd 462

In 90% of tests I've played, and it's the only mode I play, the AI score less in the 1st innings than the 2nd. I think, like quite a few things in this game, Bigant have it backwards. But that's just my opinion....

Last edited:

Pinch hitter

Smash… Smash… Smash!
India
RCB...
Avengers
Still today, whenever I play Cricket 22, i curse the person who ruin agressive ground shot in the game... Because of this the game never get better...

Last edited by a moderator:

kiwicroat

Club Cricketer
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
In regards to batting, was enjoying the game up to now but for some reason the batting has changed. When swinging for a shot the batsman arm speed is so slow and now I don’t hit the ball or I get bowled. This was working fine then over night it’s buggered. Does anyone know if you can fiddle with the sliders to fix this or maybe it’s me and I should lower batting difficulty?

pavanjorige

Club Captain
Any Way to create a 6 Team Competition similar to ASIA Cup having 2 groups and then top 2 teams from each group qualify for Super 4`s and then the finals. No Competition Designer for Cricket 22 Yet

Little Timmy

Little Timmy
Profile Flag
England
Any Way to create a 6 Team Competition similar to ASIA Cup having 2 groups and then top 2 teams from each group qualify for Super 4`s and then the finals. No Competition Designer for Cricket 22 Yet
Hi

I haven’t played for a while but Competition Designer is there. It’s in the middle tab though, I think that it says Competition Mode or something and you move to the right a couple of times. It’s not in the Custom/Designer section. Sorry, haven’t played recently so can’t remember tab names. That said, I still don’t think that you can do groups. You’d just have to do them separately then do a new knockout or however it’s structured.

Cheers

Users who are viewing this thread