Mouseydread's Classic Cricket Teams

Mouseydread

Associate Captain
Uploaded India 1960s..

A very interesting side to play with and should be very difficult to beat in India, or on dry pitches. The two standout performances were an impressive 2-0 home win against England in 1961/62 and famous first away win vs New Zealand in 1967/68.

Some good players such as batsman and future captain, Ajit Wadekar, stylish Monte Jaisimha, classy Vijay Manjrekar, allrounder Chandu Borde, and young players who such as the quarter of Bedi, Prasanna, Venkat and Chandra. However in the 1960s when it came to spin bowling, the best spinner in Test Match cricket for India was Bapu Nadkarni.

For fun it would be good to see Rusi Surti, Bundi Kunderan, Salim Durani, Syed Ali, Farouk Engineer and Dilip Sardesai play in ODI and T20. Kunderan I am certain would have been a hit at T20.

I could have included Polly Umrigar in this 1960s squad, but that Indian legend will be in the 1950s. I have however included the unfortunate but talented opener Nari Contractor.

ODI uniforms are from @wasteyouryouth

Enjoy!

Last edited:

Mouseydread

Associate Captain
Uploaded Pakistan 1960s

This team is led by Javed Burki (cousin of Imran and Majod Khan) and has two all time greats in bowler, Fazal Mahmood and durable opening bat, Hanif Mohammad.

Fazal Mahmood starred mostly in the 50s but Pakistan rarely played in the decade and by 1963, Mahmood and wicketkeeper Imtiaz Ahmed were gone.

However there is Saaed Ahmed, spinners, Pervez Sajjad, N.Ul-Ghani, and allrounders Asif Iqbal, Mushtaq Mohammad and Intikhab Alam.

The good thing about the side is the emergence at the end of the 60s of players that would make Pakistani cricket competitive during the 1970s. Wasim Bari, Sadiq Mohammad, and Majid Khan got playing time for few years at the end of the decade.

With the completion of Pakistan, the 60s are now completed. This joins the 70s, 80s, 90,s 00s. I still have one or two 2010s teams to do but those players mostly exist anyway.

I love 20/20 and this side has given me so much fun as there is so much variation to choose from. Would you bat with dour Hanif Mohammad?

Uniforms are from @wasteyouryouth

Enjoy!

Last edited:

Mouseydread

Associate Captain
Uploaded a classic team, Australia 1949/50

I've uploaded this team as it followed the retirement of Don Bradman and the great Invincible team.

I have chosen it as it has the majority of the 1948 Invincibles, Keith Miller, Ray Lindwall, Neil Harvey etc.

The reason I chose it is it that this side, led by the diminutive Lindsay Hassett travelled to South Africa and won 3-0 away from home. During this tour they never lost a match, and won the Test Series 4-0 and this without the recently retired Don Bradman.

They only used 12 players for the 5 Tests such was their consistency with the players picked. I will include the other tour players eventually but wanted to get this team out, as a result I will work on the invincible 1948 Australians, possibly the greatest Test Series team of all time.

Sone of the uniforms are from @wasteyouryouth

Enjoy!

Last edited:

Mouseydread

Associate Captain
Updated and Re-uploaded Australia 1948 "The Invincibles"

This team maintains it's place as one of the greatest of all time. It has the greatest batsman of all in Don Bradman, backed up with other all time greats such as his fast bowling pair, Ray Lindwall and Keith Miller. The opening batsmen are Arthur Morris and Syd Barnes with Bill Brown another opening batsman of repute in the lineup who batted down the order.

Also not to be forgotten are vice captain Lindsay Hassett, or the accurate left arm pacer Bill Johnston or the veteran Ernie "The Black Prince" Toshack, or spinner Ian Johnson, or the baby of the side and Australia's next greatest batsman, Neil Harvey.

This team is laden with exquisite rich talent.

The side is rounded out with one of Australia's greatest keepers, Don Tallon, and more veterans. This side went the entire summer undefeated and beat a strong England side 4-0 in England's backyard.

It took me a while to get this up, but here they are!

kudos to @wasteyouryouth for the modern uniforms.

Mouseydread

Associate Captain
Uploaded Australia 1955

This side is a mixture of the players that had led Australia in the 40s and early 50s but though many of the 1948 and 1948/50 sides had moved on, many key players remained, such as Lindwall, Miller, Johnston, Morris, Harvey, and Johnson, they now had a seam of new talent in players like Richie Benaud, Peter Burge, Colin McDonald and Ron Archer.

I chose this side, led this time by Ian Johnson, as they travelled the West Indies and won 3-0. This was a West Indies side with the likes of the 3 Ws, Ramadhin, Valentine and a young Gary Sobers.

Mouseydread

Associate Captain
Uploaded another classic team, England 1954/55

This team led by Len Hutton, held onto the Ashes in Australia. 18 months before England had won the Ashes for the first time in years. ( I will post that team shortly as well as it has three key plays who did not tour Australia).

I always feel if you can win substantially away against one of the major nations then the team has something to say. This team retained the Ashes 3-1 against a still very strong Australia.

The English greats in this side trip off the tongue, Len Hutton, Bill Edrich, Denis Compton, Trevor Bailey, Alec Bedser, Frank "Typhoon" Tyson, Brian Statham, Godfrey Evans, Bob Appleyard, Tom Graveney, Peter May, Johnny Wardle, Colin Cowdrey.

This is a frightening lineup! When you consider that Jim Laker, Fred Trueman and Tony Lock were left at home, you begin to realise how powerful this squad was!

The bowling attack of Tyson, Statham, Appleyard, Bailey and spinner Wardle were deadly. Tyson cemented his legend with 28 wickets in the series. As for Trueman being left at home, I have to dig deeper, but it was felt that to win in Australia, the tourists would need fast bowlers, so Jim Laker despite his historic 19 wicket haul in one test match in the Ashes 1955 series and Tony Lock were left at home.

PS The story of Bob Appleyard is a fascinating one!

Thanks to @wasteyouryouth for the modern uniforms,

Enjoy!

Last edited:

Mouseydread

Associate Captain
Uploaded India 1950s

A collection of excellent Indian players, some of whom later in life would go onto be to be excellent coaches and administrators who would turn India cricket in a powerhouse, even Sachin Tendulkar's great mentor Madhav Apte is here.

Ive included the great Polly Umrigar here even though he finished Test cricket in 1952. However the side can still boast, Vijay Hazare, Vinoo Mankad, Pankaj Roy a young Vijay Manrekar and a leg spinner of greatness in Fergie Gupte.

This is a fun team to play with especially in T20 where their all round talents really come to the fore.

Modern uniforms are from @wasteyouryouth

Enjoy!

Mouseydread

Associate Captain
Uploaded Australia 1950s.

I have uploaded a lot of the great Australian sides of the 1950s but here are all their main players of the decade on one team as per usual. Great names everywhere you look! Harvey, Lindwall, Miller, Hassett, Benaud, Morris et al.

There are at least 4 players from my memory that did not make any of the other teams of the decade but are here. Jim Burke, Lindsay Kline, Ian Meckiff and Ian Craig. These 4 players have their own significance during the decade and cricket history, though Jim Burke's is a tragic tale after his career ended.

Modern uniforms by @wasteyouryouth

Enjoy!

Last edited:

Mouseydread

Associate Captain
Uploaded South Africa 1950s!

Led by Jack Cheetham, this South Africa was as athletic as they come and had an excellent bowling attack.

Neil Adcock and Peter Heine were as good as any opening bowlers in the world during the 1950s and in fact in any era, though this lacks a really top level batsman it does have the world class all-round skills of the young Trevor Goddard.

John Waite and Russell Endean were excellent wicketkeeper batsmen, and Roy McLean and Jackie McGlew could blunt any attack. The real gem of this side is spinner, Hugh Tayfield, genuinely world class in any era.

Modern uniforms by @wasteyouryouth

Enjoy!

Mouseydread

Associate Captain
Uploaded England 1950s

During the 1950s, England were virtually unbeatable in Test Cricket. They had climbed into the ascendancy and taken over from the Australians and to a lesser extent the 3Ws led West Indies, though their style of cricket featured a variety of stonewallers, like Trevor Bailey, there is no doubt that Len Hutton had created a tough side that spawned many English Cricket greats and one or two all time greats.

The influence of these players was felt long after retirement, with many being administrators, commentators and selectors. My introduction to cricket often featured many of these players in the broadcast booth and I can still hear Jim Laker, Tom Graveney and Fred Trueman in my head to this day!

Anyway, here they are all in one place, Hutton, Washbrook, Trueman, Laker, Lock, Bailey, Compton, Statham, Tyson, May, Graveney, Cowdrey, Loader, Richardson, Bedser, Bill Edrich, Insole, Appleyard, Wardle, etc.

Modern uniforms from @wasteyouryouth

Enjoy!

Mouseydread

Associate Captain
Uploaded Pakistan 1950s!

The great Fazal Mahmood and the precocious opening batsman, Hanif Mohammad headline this side as superstars, however the team is led by the Father of Pakistani cricket in Abdul Kardar.

Saaed Ahmed, opener Alimuddin and Imitiaz Ahmed are entertaining batsmen and Mahmood Hussein and the very underrated Khan Mohammad compliment Fazal in a decent attack. Khan Mohammad was a curious find, even though I created him in Cricket 19, I had taken more time to read about him, and he was deadly by all accounts, yet Fazal gets the headlines.

I played a T20 for fun just to see how the old timers would perform, on my channel vs India 1950s it was very interesting!

modern uniforms by @wasteyouryouth

Enjoy!

Just New Zealand to create and the 1950s will be over!

Last edited:

GuyIncognito

Chairman of Selectors
AUS..
RCB...
MS
Melbourne Stars
Birmingham Phoenix
The Boys
Profile Flag
Australia
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Uploaded Pakistan 1950s!

The great Fazal Mahmood and the precocious opening batsman, Hanif Mohammad headline this side their superstars, however the team is led by the Father of Pakistani cricket in Abdul Kardar.

Saaed Ahmed, opener Alimuddin and Imitiaz Ahmed are entertaining batsmen and Mahmood Hussein and the very underrated Khan Mohammad compliment Fazal in a decent attack. Khan Mohammad was a curious find, even though I created him in Cricket 19, I had taken more time to read about him, and he was deadly by all accounts, yet Fazal gets the headlines.

I played a T20 for fun just to see how the old timers would perform, on my channel vs India 1950s it was very interesting!

modern uniforms by @wasteyouryouth

Enjoy!

Just New Zealand to create and the 1950s will be over!
Love these teams man. And the kits as well @wasteyouryouth

Mouseydread

Associate Captain
Uploaded New Zealand 1950s.

There are two genuine class players here in tall blonde opener Bert Sutcliffe, and the allround talent of John Reid. If you are using T20 this team with their "dibly dobler " mediums can be a nightmare. In the longer versions they will be in trouble.

None the less Tony McGibbon was the one the best pacers of the era and Bob Blair was full of promise (read about Bob Blair). The batting in this era had potential as their are a few strokemakers present but not of any international standard.

Modern uniforms are mostly @wasteyouryouth but there are quite a few I picked up too and Im not sure who from, credit to them!

Enjoy!

Next I'll update the West Indies 1950s which was uploaded months ago, but the set is complete. I'll then do an All 1950s Squad. (Which r eminds me I have to update the World 1960s, 70s, 80s, 90, 00s, and 10s.

Once that is complete, back to test nations for 1940s, 1930s, 1920s, 1910s, 1900s and possibly 1890s.

Enjoy!

Users who are viewing this thread