Cricket 22 General Discussion thread (Use bug report thread for issues/bugs/crashes | Patch notes in first post)

dawg456

Club Cricketer
It’s beyond a joke now I’ve learned to live with the pathetic fielding and trying to enjoy the game but this is getting ridiculous I’m wondering have they been sabotaged as they haven’t announced anything surely you wouldn’t release an update that does this
I think they also just announced an AFL game. So we'll probably see a couple more updates at best, and maybe one every 4 months from there on

dawg456

Club Cricketer
Was this animation there previously?
While this patch has ruined the graphics. I personally feel its massively improved gameplay. I faced 200 balls in a test match today and its the most fun I've had playing this game. The bowling has been improved alot, gotta work hard to score runs now. Few plays and misses as well. Field placing was decent too. Cam Green bowled 4 overs at me without a single bad delivery, thats never happened to me playing this game previously.

Attachments

• 20220929_183535.mp4
    7.6 MB · Views: 12

sashu_91

County Cricketer
AI not changing fields with latest patch, still able to loft the ball easily for 4s and 6s is a child's play especially in powerplay even on hardest difficulty, gameplay is a joke in this game,.and lovely dim lighting introduced

Mr Snrub

International Cricketer
Have tried it on PS5 and this lighting issue is not some small matter of personal interpretation. The general graphics and in particular the shadows are dramatically darker.

If they were attempting to fix how the earlier lighting changes had altered the complexions of player's skin colours, then they failed terribly and adjusted overall brightness and shadows. They needed a little less brightness to players faces and also a little more warmth, that probably would have done it. The current adjustment ruins the game as it's pretty dark now!

Probably one of the more urgent re-patching issues I have seen in a Big Ant game and I've bought 12 of them.

smurfygray86

Associate Captain
Have tried it on PS5 and this lighting issue is not some small matter of personal interpretation. The general graphics and in particular the shadows are dramatically darker.

If they were attempting to fix how the earlier lighting changes had altered the complexions of player's skin colours, then they failed terribly and adjusted overall brightness and shadows. They needed a little less brightness to players faces and also a little more warmth, that probably would have done it. The current adjustment ruins the game as it's pretty dark now!

Probably one of the more urgent re-patching issues I have seen in a Big Ant game and I've bought 12 of them.
It’s shocking how can something like this be released 12 months into a game

GuyIncognito

Chairman of Selectors
AUS..
RCB...
MS
Melbourne Stars
Birmingham Phoenix
The Boys
Profile Flag
Australia
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC

I would say if the second patch today (to rectify the lighting) was released on steam today then consoles won't be far behind it just depends on how fast sony and microsoft approve those second patches.

mani82ua

Little Timmy
Profile Flag
Pakistan
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
For ps5, Fielding has improved but looks like low voltage issue with stadium lights or we are playing with max energy saver mode on tv :)

smurfygray86

Associate Captain
I would say if the second patch today (to rectify the lighting) was released on steam today then consoles won't be far behind it just depends on how fast sony and microsoft approve those second patches.
Fingers crossed I’m in the middle of a belting game and kids and missus been out all day this was my chance to enjoy lol

Users who are viewing this thread