AMA I've been around longer than most of you guys have been on this forum

Monzi

Panel of Selectors
The Boys
Profile Flag
England
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
What’s different on this forum compared to when you joined?
That is an excellent question.
And, despite the difficulty, I'll attempt to describe it as shortly as possible.

To begin with, I joined the forum during the early stages of Internet access. As a result, you were able to see a large number of individuals who were new to the forum and social media culture. Even though only the majority of big cities have decent internet, the others did not. As a newbie, like several others, I have also spammed a lot. There was just a handful who would maintain the forum's decorum, and at the time I felt like they were arrogant and judge-y individuals who used to criticise us for our postings, almost like bosses; there were times when I didn't know who the administrators and moderators were. They seemed to be bosses who could do anything to me. So I was terrified, apprehensive, and so in return, I was bothersome to them, but now I see their point of view.

Cricket 07's modding culture was thriving! People began to tailor their game experiences to their preferences. Every day will be an adventure! When I got home from school (I was a 14-year-old kid), the first thing I did was open Planetcricket and look for new mods to test out on my game.

Slowly, I began to get into modding so that I could satisfy my preferences and also those who wanted similar experiences as myself. I don't recall how skilled I was at modding, but I had a buddy on the forum called Aditya (Can't tag him so here is his profile.) who was as irritating and immature as me and would develop mods with me; we both had some creations that were well received by other users. That made me really proud. Haha!

Since I had to learn Photoshop to start modding, I began using it for these mods and then landed in the Graphics Forum by mistake. Trust me, I had no idea how the forum worked at the time, but I saw some great designs by folks like KBC, Neo, and others. It prompted me to attempt it since I was always interested in art and design as a child. So, like everyone else, I began from scratch. One thing that helped me develop my Photoshop abilities was that the graphics forum was quite active at the time. There will be new things every day, and I would love to see people responding to my creations every day after school. There were several friendly battles as well as PCGMC tournaments.

So, as of now, the graphics forum is absolutely extinct. I'm sorry; I'm hoping it recovers. There was another fantastic forum called SportGfx where you could explore fantastic designs, but it is also no longer active.

I believe modding has also decreased a little, although it is still active owing to BigAnt's regular games releases.

And yes, the forum is less active currently, which I believe is due to other social media platforms like as Facebook, Reddit, and others that offer groups to discuss cricket-related subjects. Previously, I'd see hundreds of people online at the same time.

However, the forum is significantly less toxic than other social media platforms. People are far more abusive and bigoted on other social media platforms, and this is also because those moderators are not being strict enough.

CerealKiller

Staff Member
Fantasy Cricket Team
PAK...
Kings XI
Islamabad
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Avengers
Profile Flag
Pakistan
However, the forum is significantly less toxic than other social media platforms. People are far more abusive and bigoted on other social media platforms, and this is also because those moderators are not being strict enough.
This is the very reason every active user has to stay here

Monzi

Panel of Selectors
The Boys
Profile Flag
England
This is the very reason every active user has to stay here
Every other social media is very toxic! Honestly, it scares me to give my opinion professionally because of the abuses you might receive and personal attacks as well. So now I am currently a watcher and not a commentator.

Verified Enigma

PlanetCricket's Sherlock Holmes
Champions League Winner
Avengers
I like indulging in cricket discussions. However, other sites/platforms don't have cricket leagues so no use for me to turn up there only to 'discuss' cricket.

Cricket Leagues is the USP that is sticking me around. Also, some of the fellas whom I have met here in the last 2 years.

Monzi

Panel of Selectors
The Boys
Profile Flag
England
I like indulging in cricket discussions. However, other sites/platforms don't have cricket leagues so no use for me to turn up there only to 'discuss' cricket.

Cricket Leagues is the USP that is sticking me around. Also, some of the fellas whom I have met here in the last 2 years.
That's true. I don't think there is any other solid medium other than PC. It's great to see how they are running for this many years.

Satan666

International Cricketer
India
X Rebels
Profile Flag
India
Every other social media is very toxic! Honestly, it scares me to give my opinion professionally because of the abuses you might receive and personal attacks as well. So now I am currently a watcher and not a commentator.
Shouldnt it be a bit toxic though? I mean the strict moderation here as you alluded to (claimed) is perhaps the reason why the forum has way less activity as compared to the past?

Basically the situation in the general cricket discussion section of the forum is like 90% Asian due to mostly Asian posters. While thats okay as compared to years gone by when the forum saw a nice balance with the non-Asian posters the content quality and quantity was better, would you agree?

Satan666

International Cricketer
India
X Rebels
Profile Flag
India
Shouldnt it be a bit toxic though? I mean the strict moderation here as you alluded to (claimed) is perhaps the reason why the forum has way less activity as compared to the past?

Basically the situation in the general cricket discussion section of the forum is like 90% Asian due to mostly Asian posters. While thats okay as compared to years gone by when the forum saw a nice balance with the non-Asian posters the content quality and quantity was better, would you agree?
@Monzi are you gonna reply? Its okay, dont feel pressured to reply I know its a difficult question to answer.

Monzi

Panel of Selectors
The Boys
Profile Flag
England

As a result of technological advancements and poor user interface design, Forum has lost its charm. The majority of social media users access their accounts through mobile applications on their phones rather than via a desktop computer.

Unless and until the forum has a mobile version with a superior user interface. It will not get better.
Post automatically merged:

@Monzi are you gonna reply? Its okay, dont feel pressured to reply I know its a difficult question to answer.
It's hilarious, and it makes me wonder what you were thinking, to suppose that this was such a challenging question.

Bevab

Staff Member

Are you suggesting that Asian posters are posting content of inferior quality in comparison to Non-Asians and that a place should be more toxic? Wow, low even from you.

Satan666

International Cricketer
India
X Rebels
Profile Flag
India
As a result of technological advancements and poor user interface design, Forum has lost its charm. The majority of social media users access their accounts through mobile applications on their phones rather than via a desktop computer.

Unless and until the forum has a mobile version with a superior user interface. It will not get better.
Post automatically merged:

It's hilarious, and it makes me wonder what you were thinking, to suppose that this was such a challenging question.
Yup you are correct sir, fully agreed with the bit on technological advances, perhaps thats why we have more guys from the third world countries now active, never looked at it that way, makes sense!

What is hilarious is you completely refusing to answer the question on ‘toxicity’ and then asking whats so challenging about my question!

Monzi

Panel of Selectors
The Boys
Profile Flag
England
Yup you are correct sir, fully agreed with the bit on technological advances, perhaps thats why we have more guys from the third world countries now active, never looked at it that way, makes sense!

What is hilarious is you completely refusing to answer the question on ‘toxicity’ and then asking whats so challenging about my question!
Toxic things are not something to cherish, as I have already said. You're on your own if you actually believe it's beneficial and appealing.

Satan666

International Cricketer
India
X Rebels
Profile Flag
India
Are you suggesting that Asian posters are posting content of inferior quality in comparison to Non-Asians and that a place should be more toxic? Wow, low even from you.
Slight toxicity is good in my opinion. The quality diminished over the years, not necessarily because of a particular group of posters but really the lack of versatility and variety has limited discussions. You’d yourself could recall the section had a variety of threads with meaningful discussions.

@Monzi apologies for hijacking the thread. @Bevab we can continue this on a more ideal thread.

Users who are viewing this thread