Matches Posted British and Irish Confederation of Nations - BRITISH CHAMPIONSHIPS 2002

Welwyn

County Cricketer
1664753469663.png

Cricket Ireland is also delighted to announce the formation of the British and Irish Confederation of Nations (henceforth referred to as "BAICON"). This Confederation will be responsible for organising regional Championships among its member nations, as well as a regional Champions Cup to crown the region's leading domestic team. Membership will be granted automatically to the following countries, upon formation of their Cricket Boards:​
Further details to follow when further members join.​

Last edited:

Aislabie

Test Cricket is Best Cricket
Ireland
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Although it is too late for the 1999 domestic season, Cricket Ireland would like to table a motion that from the 2000 season onwards, players from BAICON countries count as local players in the domestic series of other BAICON countries. This should hopefully also help national managers who might not necessarily want to run entire domestic series. @Na Maloom Afraad (England) and @Neptune (Guernsey), how would you feel about this?

Na Maloom Afraad

Man of Tomorrow
The Boys
I'm all for it, I was going to have non-existing overseas players from countries that can't run their own domestic cricket in my county system anyway. May as well extend that gesture to BAICON nations and increase their player pools too.

Aislabie

Test Cricket is Best Cricket
Ireland
I'm all for it, I was going to have non-existing overseas players from countries that can't run their own domestic cricket in my county system anyway. May as well extend that gesture to BAICON nations and increase their player pools too.
You'd be welcome to sign some of our already-present players as well - there's interesting storyline potential

Neptune

Panel of Selectors
Avengers
@Neptune (Guernsey), how would you feel about this?
Up for it, maybe in a season or two when the players database is firmly in place we can easily send a bunch of players to each other and really make the domestic competitions more interesting

Na Maloom Afraad

Man of Tomorrow
The Boys
It would be, but presuming that we are still allowed in the Europe one too (can't see why not, as it's true in real life & a bit like being in Europe & the Commonwealth).
It would 100% be allowed as a sub-confederation under EUROCON, as long as you guys can find somebody to run it.

pillowprocter

Panel of Selectors
ZIM...
SCO....
Islamabad
Profile Flag
Uganda
It would 100% be allowed as a sub-confederation under EUROCON, as long as you guys can find somebody to run it.
We will create an East Oceanian Nations Confederation which includes 4 countries from east Oceania (Marshall Islands, Vanuatu, New Zealand, Niue). Infinite matches glitch :p

Na Maloom Afraad

Man of Tomorrow
The Boys

Neptune

Panel of Selectors
Avengers
Sure, is there any specific plans for how we will use this though? Going to be hard to find room in the intl calendar.

LordTiger

Club Captain
We can have a few things.
- an international tournament. maybe BAICON Championship. Held annually or every two or four years. we may decide together. could be both formats. or even T20Is. since we will have them from Commonwealth games.
- and maybe a club tournament.
I can help with simulations.

Users who are viewing this thread