Cricket 22 General Discussion thread (Use bug report thread for issues/bugs/crashes | Patch notes in first post)

Rumple43

Survival Games Finalist
Survival Games Finalist
Profile Flag
England
I’ve only got into the game now due to my laptop being a mess for the better part of a year and gotta say it’s a shame that the game has left regular content creators in such a dismayed state due to how it currently is. There are the bones of a good game in this mess but they are as many have alluded just bones for the moment.
I'll not lie, I did think about picking up some sort of T20 World Cup type story, but in white ball cricket where every run can be so important, trying to paper over the fielding issues with "narrative" just feels like a pointless task. And that's just the tip of the iceberg.

Or getting a player celebrating their 5-for whilst stood outside the stadium, like this:

1666262203537.png

That's the back of one of the stands as the teams leave the field and walk through the crowd. Not to mention two on screen graphics on top of each other.

So yeah, the T20 thought left me as quickly as it came to me, I'll not lie.

lynchy4610

Associate Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
I'll not lie, I did think about picking up some sort of T20 World Cup type story, but in white ball cricket where every run can be so important, trying to paper over the fielding issues with "narrative" just feels like a pointless task. And that's just the tip of the iceberg.

Or getting a player celebrating their 5-for whilst stood outside the stadium, like this:

View attachment 271798

That's the back of one of the stands as the teams leave the field and walk through the crowd. Not to mention two on screen graphics on top of each other.

I had so many issues with the game in the initial 6 months that it really put me off but recently have got back into it. Due to time constraints I have been playing a custom one day league with SL, SA, WI, ENG, PAK, AUS, BANG, NZ AUS90'S ENG 90'S WI 90S and my own custom side. One dayers is easier for me to just pick up and play 10 overs at a time when I can and ill be honest I haven't really came across many or major bugs. Had a couple of silly miss fields where fielder dives over ball buts so far its been smooth.

The current game I am playing now SL made 268 on a turning deck that is keeping low. I got some genuine wickets LBW, Bowled and Caught at slip with the new rock. Batting wise I struggled went back to a spinner who was opening and the ball barely bounced and castled me 2nd ball, followed by a caught at slip off the seamer next over. The sliders have made this game very enjoyable and aside from 2 top edged hook shots ( I would love them to have some variety like straight up or bounce half way) not just going for 6 all the time I haven't noticed anything to alarming batting wise.

GuyIncognito

Chairman of Selectors
AUS..
RCB...
MS
Melbourne Stars
Birmingham Phoenix
The Boys
Profile Flag
Australia
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
I had so many issues with the game in the initial 6 months that it really put me off but recently have got back into it. Due to time constraints I have been playing a custom one day league with SL, SA, WI, ENG, PAK, AUS, BANG, NZ AUS90'S ENG 90'S WI 90S and my own custom side. One dayers is easier for me to just pick up and play 10 overs at a time when I can and ill be honest I haven't really came across many or major bugs. Had a couple of silly miss fields where fielder dives over ball buts so far its been smooth.

The current game I am playing now SL made 268 on a turning deck that is keeping low. I got some genuine wickets LBW, Bowled and Caught at slip with the new rock. Batting wise I struggled went back to a spinner who was opening and the ball barely bounced and castled me 2nd ball, followed by a caught at slip off the seamer next over. The sliders have made this game very enjoyable and aside from 2 top edged hook shots ( I would love them to have some variety like straight up or bounce half way) not just going for 6 all the time I haven't noticed anything to alarming batting wise.
if you're top edges are ALWAYS going for six then my guess is shot force or whatever that slider is, is set too high.

midhun333

County Cricketer
CSK
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Is anyone able to search for Sri Lanka in the academy?

Bevab

Staff Member
PlanetCricket Award Winner

View attachment 271798

I've been trying out a career recently and the fielding bugs are quite funny in club games and easily explained by my headcanon of "well these are just plebs playing part-time lol" but I can see why that would be an issue when it is a Maxwell doing the same thing. I've also seen the opening batsmen walk through the fences in said club matches to go out which was quite funny. Man of the Match awards seem to be skewed towards bowlers (to be fair they're quite ineffective in T20s in these games so even a three wicket haul is the equivalent of a century I guess). I agree that when all of these little things add up it is quite frustrating especially when this is the fifth game in the franchise and there are still legacy issues and bugs haunting the game and every patch seems like a lottery spin. Back in DBC 14 we were promised that BA would support their games through thick and thin with multiple patches until the game is a fun experience and overall that promise does feel like it has been underdelivered. These games are still decent if you just want to mindlessly play around for a bit but when the sport itself is geared towards the opposite of it that does present a jarring challenge.

cricboi

Club Captain
Sadly the tickets raised to support are mostly about online issue but not on gameplay. Fielding bugs still continues
It's also that you can only file so many tickets that say the exact same thing. Basically every month I send them a video of the ball literally travelling through my bowler's chest and nothing has budged. The annoying animation where a fielder at the boundary takes forever to pick up the ball or runs on top of it while the batters take 2s/3s is still unchanged. And the most obvious one of course is that AI fielders still struggle to return the ball to keepers. I guess I can go back to bothering them about this but at this point they have to know what's wrong and have just decided that fixing it is not worth the headache or domino affect it may cause.

gkvarma18

Associate Cricketer
Profile Flag
India
It's also that you can only file so many tickets that say the exact same thing. Basically every month I send them a video of the ball literally travelling through my bowler's chest and nothing has budged. The annoying animation where a fielder at the boundary takes forever to pick up the ball or runs on top of it while the batters take 2s/3s is still unchanged. And the most obvious one of course is that AI fielders still struggle to return the ball to keepers. I guess I can go back to bothering them about this but at this point they have to know what's wrong and have just decided that fixing it is not worth the headache or domino affect it may cause.
Yes, AI fielders not returning the ball to keeper instead they throw it exactly at middle of the pitch. It's annoying issue.

superfreddie

Club Captain
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
Do the Ai batsmen still somehow uppercut the ball down to 3rd man boundary off the spinners like they did in Cricket 19, or is that fixed?

GuyIncognito

Chairman of Selectors
AUS..
RCB...
MS
Melbourne Stars
Birmingham Phoenix
The Boys
Profile Flag
Australia
Do the Ai batsmen still somehow uppercut the ball down to 3rd man boundary off the spinners like they did in Cricket 19, or is that fixed?
I tend to see that when its AI vs AI, not so much for player vs AI.

lynchy4610

Associate Cricketer
Really enjoying a custom T20 world cup with 4 of my own created local sides in amongst the internationals. Been finding having some good close games and a lot of variety in the shots/wickets.

Users who are viewing this thread